Page 158 of 336 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208258 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 5035
  1. #2356
    Joined
    Mar 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    24,235

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    I know you have been talking about the delegate counts for some time. I simply have not seen any hard evidence to support that. How about a link to some numbers if you say the HA article is incorrect?

    If what you claim the RP supporters are up to is indeed true it sure seems more like an attempt at a coup than a populist movement of the people. He's barely a blip on the political radar. IMHO it'd be a huge mistake for him to try to game the system for the nomination. While he might get a few thousand to come to his conventions his support nationally is in single digits.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."


    -The Gipper


  2. #2357
    Joined
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,024

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    I know you have been talking about the delegate counts for some time. I simply have not seen any hard evidence to support that. How about a link to some numbers if you say the HA article is incorrect?

    If what you claim the RP supporters are up to is indeed true it sure seems more like an attempt at a coup than a populist movement of the people. He's barely a blip on the political radar. IMHO it'd be a huge mistake for him to try to game the system for the nomination. While he might get a few thousand to come to his conventions his support nationally is in single digits.
    Exactly. I think we can be sure that EVERY Ron Paul supporter shows up at his rallies. That's his problem. He has the vote of everybody at his rallies and nobody else.

    Ron Paul's big rallies doesn't mean he has the most supporters, just that he has the most energized fans.

  3. #2358
    Joined
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Colorafornia, USSA
    Age
    42
    Posts
    12,831

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Damn am I tired of this RP bashing ••••••••! The reason why he doesn't have the numbers is because all the members of his party and the media pretend as if he doesn't exist! The fact still remains that he is without a doubt THE most conservative candidate we've ever had, but the so called conservatives are afraid of him because of his adherence to the Constitution. Don't worry guys, your man Romney has the money behind him, he'll run against BO, and he may or may not win. In the end it's nothing more than typical American politics though, people want change, well, sort of anyway. A repeat of the last 40+ years of American politics. Sorry if I just don't share in any of the excitement of Romney. The best thing I can say about him is he's not BO.

    What a sad time to live in this country when Republicans attack a Republican candidate for being conservative and being the only one brave enough to give a rat's ass what the Constitution is all about

  4. #2359
    Joined
    Aug 2003
    Location
    West Richland, WA
    Posts
    6,397

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    The reason he doesn't have the numbers is because his Libertarian views don't fit well in the Republican party.
    Brian

  5. #2360
    Joined
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    7,727

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Nice rant!

    I mean it, not being sarcastic or critical.
    I should be getting my ballot in the mail next week, and I'll vote for Paul.

    Only difference I see between Romney and Obama is their relationships with dogs.
    Tyan S5397 2x X5450 16GB - SuperMicro H8DCI 2x 275 8GB - Iwill DK8X 2x Opteron 250 2GB


    Take a Kid FISHING!

  6. #2361
    Joined
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,024

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    Damn am I tired of this RP bashing ••••••••! The reason why he doesn't have the numbers is because all the members of his party and the media pretend as if he doesn't exist! The fact still remains that he is without a doubt THE most conservative candidate we've ever had, but the so called conservatives are afraid of him because of his adherence to the Constitution. Don't worry guys, your man Romney has the money behind him, he'll run against BO, and he may or may not win. In the end it's nothing more than typical American politics though, people want change, well, sort of anyway. A repeat of the last 40+ years of American politics. Sorry if I just don't share in any of the excitement of Romney. The best thing I can say about him is he's not BO.

    What a sad time to live in this country when Republicans attack a Republican candidate for being conservative and being the only one brave enough to give a rat's ass what the Constitution is all about
    Who was bashing RP? Scooter and I were talking about Ron Paul's fanatical supporters, who don't know when to call it quits. This idea to stage some sort of coup at the Tampa convention is just stupid and morally wrong.

    These are the facts about this primary season:
    - 41% of Republicans have voted for Mitt Romney
    - 10% of Republicans have voted for Ron Paul

    We can roll back the clock and talk about why Ron Paul didn't do well, but the Ron Paul movement's attempt to infiltrate these state delegations and stage some sort of coup (as Scooter put it) at the convention is basically a minority of people trying to overthrow the man who had the support of a plurality of Republican voters.

  7. #2362
    Joined
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,024

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bk94si View Post
    The reason he doesn't have the numbers is because his Libertarian views don't fit well in the Republican party.
    The reason he doesn't have the numbers is because he stood up on a debate stage and said "9/11 was America's fault." You and I know what he meant, but he has never successfully communicated his foreign policy views to the red meat "America •••• Yeah Hoo-hah" crowd of Republicans.

  8. #2363
    Joined
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    74,684

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    The reason he doesn't have the numbers is because he stood up on a debate stage and said "9/11 was America's fault." You and I know what he meant, but he has never successfully communicated his foreign policy views to the red meat "America •••• Yeah Hoo-hah" crowd of Republicans.
    The guy has some really good points but some points seem out of bounds of conventional thinking. Not that thinking differently is bad..it isnt...most folks take a few of his ideas as "reminders" perhaps and leave it at that. Candidates are also judged by their followers and as dedicated as they might be it doesnt help any one when they gang bang public polls etc.

  9. #2364
    Joined
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,438

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Who was bashing RP? Scooter and I were talking about Ron Paul's fanatical supporters, who don't know when to call it quits. This idea to stage some sort of coup at the Tampa convention is just stupid and morally wrong.
    As a Ron Paul supporter I can tell you I wont ever "call it quits." Whether he wins the nomination or not. Voting is supposed to be about expressing what you believe in. I don't believe in Obama or Romney. Whether Ron Paul wins the nomination or doesnt or goes third party or doesn't. He has my vote until someone else exactly like him is in a better position to win.

    It bothers me greatly that my vote for him might not change anything but it wont change me from doing it. I don't care if my vote and others like me makes Obama win. I stand for what I believe in. I cant sleep easily at night voting for anyone else this election. When shit keeps getting worse in this country I can at least rest easy knowing I wasn't a part of the problem.

    My only hope is that one day the mass of stupid people in this country wake up before it is too late. Probably wont ever happen though.

    If Ron Paul can "game" the election or whatever in Tampa and steal the nomination or whatever, more props to him. Is that the right way to win? Probably not. It also isnt the right way to win by Obama or Romney by having the media and establishment completely in your pocket. I contribute that to be about 80% of the reason Ron Paul doesnt have better numbers. No one ever plays politics fair so why start now?
    Last edited by Bearded Frog; 05-03-2012 at 10:30 AM.

  10. #2365
    Joined
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    74,684

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    ^^There is no denying the "awareness" Paul has contributed to the campaign and the dedicated audience he enjoys when speaking...everywhere. Id sure like to see the guy in a Republican administration somewhere.
    For me he represents about the same things I liked about Ross Perot years back. Well see how much of his thinking makes its way into a Republican platform cause the worst case would be for the RNC to shun the guy.

  11. #2366
    Joined
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,743

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    I know you have been talking about the delegate counts for some time. I simply have not seen any hard evidence to support that. How about a link to some numbers if you say the HA article is incorrect?
    Up until just recently a large portion of the delegates had not even been picked. You can go state by state and add them up yourself after they have been picked.

    This video, does a great job of explaining it though. He's one of the few honest reporters left.



    Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    If what you claim the RP supporters are up to is indeed true it sure seems more like an attempt at a coup than a populist movement of the people. He's barely a blip on the political radar. IMHO it'd be a huge mistake for him to try to game the system for the nomination. While he might get a few thousand to come to his conventions his support nationally is in single digits.
    I wouldn't call it a coup. Id call it the beginnings of a Revolution. Right now, is the education process. People have to understand how they are getting screwed before they will begin to push back. They need to wake up and take notice at the increased speed upon which their rights are being stripped. And many of them are. But its a steep hill to climb. People at large, believe what the media tells them. As you can see from the recent Trayvon Martian case and the kony 2012 crap. Its not hard to whip the majority of the populous into a frenzy. Just as its not that hard to convince them to vote for one candidate or another. Rmoney would be the same as Obama. Just as Obama is pretty much a continuation of Bush. You call Ron Paul a blip and that is exactly what the media wants you to think. Just take a look for yourself. The man is filling up stadiums. There are people climbing trees at his events to listen because the events are sold out. He speaks to thousands at nearly every stop. Show me where Rmoney draws crowds like that?

  12. #2367
    Joined
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,743

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Who was bashing RP? Scooter and I were talking about Ron Paul's fanatical supporters, who don't know when to call it quits. This idea to stage some sort of coup at the Tampa convention is just stupid and morally wrong.

    These are the facts about this primary season:
    - 41% of Republicans have voted for Mitt Romney
    - 10% of Republicans have voted for Ron Paul

    We can roll back the clock and talk about why Ron Paul didn't do well, but the Ron Paul movement's attempt to infiltrate these state delegations and stage some sort of coup (as Scooter put it) at the convention is basically a minority of people trying to overthrow the man who had the support of a plurality of Republican voters.
    I bet you thought Al Gore deserved to be president during the 2000 elections. After all he won the popular vote. That pesky immoral electoral college stole the election from him. Or was that different because the process caused the democrat to lose.

    Mitt Romney is a product of the MSM. Nothing more.

  13. #2368
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Twain Harte, CA
    Posts
    17,173

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    Mitt Romney is a product of the MSM. Nothing more.
    I'd give credit to his parents and am sure his church helped along the way. For the rest, he seems to be pretty much a self-made kinda guy. I don't get the MSM connection. Maybe you have him confused with the Kardashians? Lady Gaga? Bill Maher?

  14. #2369
    Joined
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,743

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    I'd give credit to his parents and am sure his church helped along the way. For the rest, he seems to be pretty much a self-made kinda guy. I don't get the MSM connection. Maybe you have him confused with the Kardashians? Lady Gaga? Bill Maher?
    Should of put, candidate Mitt Romney is a product of the MSM.

    He has been framed in there story line as the presumptive nominee this entire time.

  15. #2370
    Joined
    Mar 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    24,235

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Hmmm. White woman speak with forked tongue...

    Elizabeth Warren: My Grandpapa Had High Cheekbones, Like Indians Do
    And: I Only Mentioned My "Minority Heritage" In Directories So That I Could Make Friends With Other People With Tribal Roots


    Plus, she said she only listed herself in minority directories to make friends with other minorities (like herself).

    Really? You said you were part Indian to find other people who were part Indian?

    I listed myself in the directory in the hopes that it might mean that I would be invited to a luncheon, a group something that might happen with people who are like I am. Nothing like that ever happened, that was clearly not the use for it and so I stopped checking it off,” said Warren.
    ...

    “The only one as I understand it who’s raising any question about whether or not I was qualified for my job is Scott Brown and I think I am qualified and frankly I’m a little shocked to hear anybody raise a question about whether or not I’m qualified to hold a job teaching,” she said, pushing to put Brown on defense. “What does he think it takes for a woman to be qualified?”
    You wanted them to call you?

    Did you ever take any active measures to seek them out yourself?

    Allah absolutely nails this.

    Riddle me this. If it was all about making Native American friends in order to get in touch with her roots, why’d she keep up the “minority” listing in that professional directory for fully nine years (1986-1995)? She says she stopped checking it off because the hoped-for socializing never happened, but that’s not a conclusion that should take nine years to arrive at. Also, if she was serious enough about discovering her Cherokee ancestry that she’d describe herself as minority in a faculty listing, she must have been reaching out to the Cherokee community in her spare time too. Makes no sense that the professional listing would be her only attempt to befriend this group of people. So what else did she do in that vein? If the answer’s “nothing,” then it becomes awfully hard to believe this was anything more than her way of adding a diversity credential to her CV.
    Precisely. There are lots of American Indian social groups. While Elizabeth Warren was listing herself as an American Indian, in hopes someone would notice this and ring her up, dozens of American Indian groups in Oklahoma, and then Massachusetts, were listing themselves, with all their contact information readily available.

    Did she ever reach out to her, ahem, fellow Tribespeople?

    Is she pretending that she's unaware that there are all sorts of Indian social and professional groups around, all just a phone call away?

    Actually, her claim doesn't make sense even on its face.

    Suppose you're black. You say so in the back of your Law School Factory directory.

    Do you really imagine many black people are going to call you out of the blue and say "Let's discuss our shared heritage over tea?"

    Does this happen? Do minority groups cold call?

    Or is it their SOP to list themselves, arrange meet-ups and conferences, etc., and then expect that people who are interested in the club will show up voluntarily at some point?

    I suppose they might try calling prominent minorities, to get them to join and give speeches, but that's in service of further publicizing the group.

    Do they cold-call obscure professors from the Oklahoma University Law School's directory?

    I rather think they don't, and I rather think that Elizabeth Warren is lying.

    And that makes me sad.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."


    -The Gipper


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •