Page 160 of 336 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210260 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 5035

Re: The 2012 Election Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Frog View Post
    Its sorta like when ron paul had earmarks in a bill and they asked him why he voted against the bill and then put earmarks in. He said the bill is already passed and the money is being allocated, he might as well try to utilize it in someway positively. He did everything he could to stop it by voting against it but why not try to turn shit into compost.
    I think you're being taken for a ride. Paul is dropping earmarks into things he knows will pass anyway.

I will admit, it is a brilliant political strategy by Paul. I'll have to remember that if I'm ever in political office. Drop pork and earmarks for your district into appropriations bills you know will pass overwhelmingly without debate, then vote against them so you can claim you're against government spending.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    I don't suppose you can prove any of that.
    You honestly think Ron Paul has had a fair shake in the media in this election? Do I really need to prove that to you? I mean I can I just feel its preeeeeeeetty common knowledge.

As far as voter fraud goes its fairly hard to prove. There has been several states that did recounts and found different numbers. There is also a few sites that squak quite adamantly about it. I am not sure how much of it there is to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Frog View Post
    You honestly think Ron Paul has had a fair shake in the media in this election? Do I really need to prove that to you? I mean I can I just feel its preeeeeeeetty common knowledge.
    What about Herman Cain? He had a conservative radio show that was carried in about 20% of major American cities, but otherwise, he was a complete nobody. He sprung to the front of the field for a few months because he had an easy-going, positive, populist message.

I'll agree that the GOP and media treated Paul like an also ran, but he didn't help his cause much. He was portrayed by Rush Limbaugh and Rick Santorum and everybody as being a defeatist and weirdo on foreign policy, and Paul didn't do anything to change anybody's mind on that. Like I said before, when he stood up on a debate stage and said (paraphrasing) that "9/11 was America's fault" and started lecturing the audience on 'blowback', I knew he was finished.

You and I know what he meant, of course. But, like I said, to the NASCAR-watching flag-waving red-meat eating hoo-rah •••• yeah America crowd of Republicans, Paul sounded like a coward and an isolationist.

If Republicans had liked what Paul was saying, he would have gone to the front of the field like Herman Cain did. You don't honestly think that when Cain was the GOP frontrunner for two months that he was the darling of the media, do you?

Enjoy... I did.

Exclusive: Obama Insider Reveals Secret Strategy to Beat Romney

Opinions are like a $50,000 government debt — in America, everyone has one. So we here at Klavan on the Culture are committed to going beyond mere bloviational opinionating to get you the sort of facts, insights, and interviews that only we can make up. In that spirit, today we bring you our exclusive interview with a man who rarely comes out of the shadows into the limelight: Neil Lister, the strategist behind the strategists for Barack Obama’s 2012 presidential campaign.

KOC: Mr. Lister, thank you for talking to me.

LISTER: My pleasure.

KOC: I’m going to be very blunt here. I don’t understand how the president can run on his record. In July of 2008, Mr. Obama called George W. Bush “irresponsible” and “unpatriotic” for adding 4 trillion dollars to the national debt over 8 years. But in less than 4 years, Mr. Obama has added 5 trillion dollars to our debt and has proposed no reforms except a bogus tax on rich people which would accomplish virtually nothing. At the same time he keeps trying to buy off voters by offering things like student loan subsidies and other unfunded entitlements that would actually add to the debt. How do you propose to address this issue?

LISTER: Well, the debt is a very serious problem, but by the same token, I think you have to agree that Mitt Romney drove for twelve hours with his dog in a crate on top of his car.

KOC: What?

LISTER: He’s been cited for cruelty by two different animal rights groups.

KOC: Well, okay, but, in his book Dreams From My Father, President Obama says he actually ate a dog!

LISTER: I don’t think we should be talking about dogs at a serious moment like this. Dogs are just a distraction.

KOC: Fine, let’s get back to the economy. Entitlement programs like Social Security and Medicare are projected to consume all tax revenues within thirty years. Social Security could be operating at a deficit within only two years. Congressman Paul Ryan has put forward a serious and politically courageous plan to address entitlement reform. What will be the president’s approach?

LISTER: We’re on it. Even as we speak, we have hired an actor who looks like Congressman Ryan to pretend to push an old woman in a wheelchair off a cliff. I don’t see how the GOP can answer that, especially when you consider that Mitt Romney’s ancestors may have been bigamists.

KOC: Mitt Romney’s ancestors? Barack Obama’s father was a bigamist!

LISTER: I don’t think we should be talking about bigamy at a serious moment like this. Bigamy is just a distraction.

KOC: All right then, let’s talk about foreign policy…

LISTER: Obama killed Osama bin Laden.

KOC: Yes, that’s great but…

LISTER: It was a gutsy call.

KOC: Maybe so, but…

LISTER: Mitt Romney would never have done it. He would’ve let Osama escape to kill again.

KOC: Well, that’s absurd and actually kind of despicable.

LISTER: I never said it.

KOC: Look, what I’m trying to get at here is that, under President Obama, Iran continues to develop nuclear weapons, the Middle East seems to be increasingly under the rule of Islamists, we’re quietly losing the war in Afghanistan, and Iraq, a war President Bush actually had won, has been all but abandoned.

LISTER: All that may be true, but Rush Limbaugh called a woman a slut.

KOC: I beg your pardon?

LISTER: The Republicans are waging a war on women.

KOC: Republicans? Democrats have been calling women like Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann far worse things than slut for years!

LISTER: I don’t think we should be talking about women at a serious moment like this. Women are just a distraction.

KOC: Women are a distraction??

LISTER: I never said that.

KOC: You just said it right now.

LISTER: This was not a statement I personally heard while I was sitting here.

KOC: I can play back the tape.

LISTER: Look, just because some guy in the neighborhood says something, that doesn’t reflect on the president.

KOC: What guy in the neighborhood? It was you! Neil Lister.

LISTER: It’s a common name. I personally know three Neil Listers.

KOC: But this one was you!

LISTER: Here’s my point. This great country has always been committed to the fairness of everyone rising to the occasion of a vision of a future where college can bring justice to those who would look away from the seriousness of unfair and oppressive policies of the past that got us into this situation in the first place.

KOC: Sorry?

LISTER: Oh my God, your hair’s on fire!

KOC: My hair! Help! Quick, get me some water! Wait a minute, I don’t have any hair. Mr. Lister? Where did he go? He was here just a minute ago…
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    You and I know what he meant, of course. But, like I said, to the NASCAR-watching flag-waving red-meat eating hoo-rah •••• yeah America crowd of Republicans, Paul sounded like a coward and an isolationist.

If Republicans had liked what Paul was saying, he would have gone to the front of the field like Herman Cain did. You don't honestly think that when Cain was the GOP frontrunner for two months that he was the darling of the media, do you?
    I guess that’s kind of like those bible thumping, gun toting hardcore conservative ignoramuses.

I get the intended implications but I never have figured out what the logic is.

There are a million ways one could do similar stereotyping with the left and the far left.

What’s the objective?

Oobertwit Warren has really painted herself into a corner here. It's obvious she lied about her heritage to gain an employment advantage. Harvard was happy to use her to fill their self imposed quota. If she comes clean it means she admits to gaming the system and looks bad to her libtard base. If she continues to lie she looks bad to the very voters she needs to win.

Harvard won't say if she's the lone injun under their tepee. What a twisted lil worldview the libs have...

Harvard won’t say if Liz Warren listed as minority

Harvard Law School lists one lone Native American faculty member on its latest diversity census report — but school officials and campaign aides for Elizabeth Warren refused to say yesterday whether it refers to the Democratic Senate candidate.

Warren — who has been dogged by questions about whether she used her claims of Cherokee lineage to further her career — has insisted she never authorized Harvard Law to count her as a Native American in the mid-1990s, when the school was under fire for not having enough minority professors.

Has the debate over Elizabeth Warrren’s heritage changed your opinion on the Senate race? Join in the Friday Throwdown for a live chat today at noon.

Prior to that, from 1986 to 1995, Warren had listed herself as a minority in a law school directory administrators then used as a tip sheet when making diversity hires. But by 1996, when Harvard Law was boasting that Warren was the faculty’s first minority female, she had stopped appearing in the law school directory.

Harvard Law’s 2011 diversity report does not indicate who the Native American professor is. And the school refused to say whether it’s Warren.

Warren spokeswoman Alethea Harney brushed off the question, saying only, “Elizabeth has been straightforward and open about her heritage while the people who recruited her have made it clear it was because of her extraordinary skill as a teacher and a ground-breaking scholar.”

The 2011 report indicates that “Race/Ethnicity designations are from self-report data,” meaning whoever is listed as a Native American told the school of their tribal lineage.

Robert C. Clark, a professor and former Harvard Law School dean, is listed as part Choctaw in a 1999 Harvard Magazine article. Clark has worked for the law school since 1989 but wasn’t named in a 1996 Harvard Crimson article when law school officials sought to defend their minority hires. Clark did not return requests for comment.

Former law school spokesman Mike Chmura said in the 1996 article that out of 71 professors, only one was Native American and that was Warren.

An Oklahoma native, Warren said this week she used the law school directory to meet other “people who are like I am” with similar tribal roots — even though the directory does not specify which minority professors belong to.

Chris Child of the New England Historic Genealogical Society said Monday he found documentation indicating Warren’s great-great-great-grandmother is Cherokee, meaning she is 1/32 Native American. But genealogists at the society have yet to back that up with documentation.
    &

Democrats worried about Warren in Massachusetts

Are Democrats about to lose the Senate seat held by the Kennedys since before I was born … again? According to the Boston Herald’s Joe Battenfeld, a number of Democrats in Massachusetts are aghast over Elizabeth Warren’s faceplant on her claims to Native American heritage, and now worry about whether her campaign has completely derailed:

. . .
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

^ because if they'd lie about something as stupid as that..

Imagine what we don't know?
    Nuke em'.

If Rommey chooses Rubio as VP, then this should prove a very interesting
    election...However we lose either way...

Dog... the other white meat.
    I can't help it Scoot, this just kills me LOL ! Outstanding !
    Last edited by no2guncntrl; 05-04-2012 at 11:57 PM.

What Julia is up to according to Iowahawk

http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk...e-of-life.html

Not that polls are everything but this is a sizeable slip for Obama. Keep talking Mt President.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...bama-1171.html

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    What Julia is up to according to Iowahawk

http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk...e-of-life.html
    ^^^

Look! It's Julia!

1. Too many Nina Burlieghs. Not enough Squeaky Frommes.

2. "Dammit, Matthews, your drag costume isn't fooling anybody."

3. When The SCOAMF finally did locate the place where the white women were at, he was sorely, sorely disappointed,.

4. One of the perqs of destroying America is it turns a lot of women... not a lot of HOT women, but a lot of women.

5. Whose the half-black commie •••••/That's a sex machine to all the chicks/SCOAMF/ Damn right!

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    Not that polls are everything but this is a sizeable slip for Obama. Keep talking Mt President.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...bama-1171.html
    Bamma is hovering well under 50%... writing on the wall IMHO. And as D*ck Morris has been pointing out for months the polling is far worse as "undecided's" nearly always vote against the incumbent. This election is gonna make Reagan/Carter look kind. We're still months out and bamma is barely treading water despite his never ending campaign. People are already tired of the guy and his vapid/empty rhetoric. If he were 1/4 as "smart" as he thinks he'd have shut the hell up after the war on women/doggiegate distractions went to pot.

-The Gipper

Ruh~roh Fauxcahontas...

Fauxcahontas Warren's Family Lore Is In Heap Big Trouble
    Bonus Update: Warren Never Attended Native American Events at Harvard, Says Harvard's Native American Program Executive Director

I don't know how you say schadenfreude in smoke signal, but Granny Warren's "Native American" ancestor probably did:

For over a quarter of a century, Elizabeth Warren has described herself as a Native American. When recently asked to provide evidence of her ancestry, she pointed to an unsubstantiated claim on an 1894 Oklahoma Territory marriage license application by her great-great grand uncle William J. Crawford that his mother, O.C. Sarah Smith Crawford, Ms. Warren's great-great-great grandmother, was a Cherokee.
    After researching her story, it is obvious that her "family lore" is just fiction.

As I pointed out in my article here on Sunday, no evidence supports this claim. O.C. Sarah Smith Crawford had no Cherokee heritage, was listed as "white" in the Census of 1860, and was most likely half Swedish and half English, Scottish, or German, or some combination thereof. (Note, the actual 1894 marriage license makes no claim of Cherokee ancestry.)
    But wait, there's more ...

Jonathan Crawford, O.C. Sarah Smith Crawford’s husband and apparently Ms. Warren's great-great-great grandfather, served in the East Tennessee Mounted Infantry Volunteer Militia commanded by Brigadier General R. G. Dunlap from late 1835 to late 1836. While under Dunlap’s command he was a member of Major William Lauderdale’s Battalion, and Captain Richard E. Waterhouse’s Company.

These were the troops responsible for removing Cherokee families from homes they had lived in for generations in the three states that the Cherokee Nations had considered their homelands for centuries: Georgia, North Carolina, and Tennessee. (emphasis added)
    The Trail of Tears, Warren. You own it.

Now, it's pretty obvious that people in the stands at a Braves game doing the "tomahawk chop" are as Indian as Elizabeth Warren, yet she had no problem making this claim for decades, based on nothing more than a rumor, to take advantage of the Democrats' check-the-box system of racial spoils.

Of course, she couldn't be bothered to keep up even the vaguest of appearances. She's crusading for Social Justice™, man. Don't bring her down by asking her to powwow with actual Indians. Besides, she lives in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and they aren't exactly easy to find around there. Oh, wait ...

Senatorial wannabe Elizabeth Warren, aka Fauxcahontas, said she listed herself as a minority in law school directories because she was hoping to meet others with Native American roots. So isn’t it a shame that Liz took a pass on last weekend’s 17th annual Harvard Powwow????

The Harvard Law School prof was campaigning on the North Shore last Saturday while Harvard’s Native American Program filled Radcliffe Yard with Native American singers, dancers and drummers.
    Why would they have such a thing at Harvard, you ask? Well, according to the school's 1650 charter:

WHEREAS, through the good hand of God, many well devoted persons have been, and daily are moved, and stirred up, to give and bestow, sundry gifts, legacies, lands, and revenues for the advancement of all good literature, arts, and sciences in Harvard College, in Cambridge in the County of Middlesex, and to the maintenance of the President and Fellows, and for all accommodations of buildings, and all other necessary provisions, that may conduce to the education of the English and Indian youth of this country, in knowledge and godliness: ...
    (emphasis added)

My, how far we've fallen from such noble purposes. Somewhere along the way, Harvard, which refuses to comment on whether Warren is the person listed as their sole Native American professor, forgot about both godliness and the Indians. In all but a thin veneer, anyway.

On a related note, the Warren campaign recently offered the photo below the fold as conclusive proof of her Native American ancestry, but I'm not buying it.

Update [ace]:

You know what I need?

A flaming skull with a feather sticking out the back of the skull.

Anyway, Fauxcohantas didn't attend Harvard's rich diversity of Native American cultural heritage lbahohhoohho. Sorry, that sentence got so full of meaningless PC buzzwords I fell asleep.

She didn't even attend 1/32nd of them -- and really, she should have.

1/32nd. That wouldn't have been so hard. Pretty much like once a year for three hours.

But no.

Never.

Shelly Lowe, executive director of Harvard University's Native American Program (HUNAP), told Breitbart News today that U.S. Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren had not, to her knowledge, participated in the program's events while Warren was a professor at Harvard.

Last week, Warren explained that she had listed herself as Native American "in the hopes that it might mean that I would be invited to a luncheon, a group something that might happen with people who are like I am." However, she had not been involved in HUNAP, the most obvious avenue for meeting fellow Native American faculty and students.

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    I guess that’s kind of like those bible thumping, gun toting hardcore conservative ignoramuses.

I get the intended implications but I never have figured out what the logic is.

There are a million ways one could do similar stereotyping with the left and the far left.

What’s the objective?
    Hey, no offense intended. I watch NASCAR and NHRA too.

I'm just saying, there's a certain crowd of Republicans who think the American Military should be out there kicking ass. When Ron Paul says stuff like "9/11 was America's fault" and talks about pulling our troops from Japan and South Korea, they don't understand his message. He has never successfully communicated his foreign policy views to the red meat crowd of Republicans. And, he let Rick Santorum and others portray him as a crazy kook who wants to disband the military.

Case in point, I have an uncle who liked what Ron Paul had to say about the federal reserve and federal government, but was absolutely turned off by his foreign policy views and what he said about 9/11. I suspect there's a lot of Republicans who couldn't reconcile their own views with Paul's.

Sure, he got the short stick from the mainstream media, but if he had caught on, he would of risen to the top. Like I said, Herman Cain was a nobody aside from his radio show (50th place nationally among conservative talk radio shows) and he led the polls for 2 months with his populist message. If Ron Paul had caught on with the Republican voters, he could of gone somewhere.

Hey, did ya hear about Fauxcahontas Warren's great great great grandmother who was a Cherokee? Well, not so much. But she did work with the Cherokee Nation.

Turns out she was a member of the Tennessee Militia and rounded up Cherokees to herd them into government-built stockades.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...Trail-of-Tears