Page 190 of 336 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200240290 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 5035

Re: The 2012 Election Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    This is desperation on an epic scale... pure bull. Yeah, we can all feel bad for the guy... but how that relates to Romney? It doesn't of course.

Negative ads are bad enough, but crap made up out thin air? Like Romney not paying his taxes for ten years. There's no there there.
    Call the waaaaah-mbulance Dutch. If Romney left Bain in 1999, why is his name on Bain documents as CEO thru 2002? Oops.

Speaking of pure bull, did you see the new Romney ad put out yesterday that accuses Obama of taking the "work out of the welfare to work" program that was passed in 1996?

Some inconvenient facts that he left out:

HHS issued a memo in July allowing individual states to apply for a waiver to give them the flexibility to pursue different ways of establishing welfare to work requirements.

Guess why HHS did that?

Because a bunch of republican governors (and a few democratic as well) asked him to.

Guess who lobbied for one of these EXACT SAME type of waivers in 2005 while governor of Massachusetts?

Mitt Romney...along with Haley Barbour, Jeb Bush, Mike Huckabee, and a bunch of other republican governors.

All of those republican governors who are currently in office who support Mitt Romney but are in favor of these waiver requests just got a nice bowl of shit to eat, eh?

Outrage....Outrage!!!!
    Last edited by BlackDragon24; 08-08-2012 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon24 View Post
    Call the waaaaah-mbulance Dutch. If Romney left Bain in 1999, why is his name on Bain documents as CEO thru 2002? Oops.
    What does his name on Bain documents have to do with it?

Squirrel!!!

Speaking of pure bull, did you see the new Romney ad put out yesterday that accuses Obama of taking the "work out of the welfare to work" program that was passed in 1996?
    No, haven't seen it.

What does his name on Bain documents have to do with it?
    The article you pointed to said the ad left out important facts, such as Romney left Bain in 1999, and the plant closed in 2001.

Well if Romney didn't leave Bain til 2002, that's kind of important, don't ya think?

No, haven't seen it.
    Here ya go. With analysis I know you'll love.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/0...itt-lies-again

You can also google "Romney welfare ad" and get many more sources of info, but that one sums it up quite nicely....if you can bring yourself to click on it.

Nope. Saw it on Rachel last night

The article you pointed to said the ad left out important facts, such as Romney left Bain in 1999, and the plant closed in 2001.

Well if Romney didn't leave Bain til 2002, that's kind of important, don't ya think?
    Not at all. Unless someone can show that Romney caused the domestic steel industry to tank, the plant's closure doesn't even mean anything. I haven't made the "plant closed which caused my wife's death" connection. Maybe you can connect the dots for me.

Nope. Saw it on Rachel last night
    If you didn't mean Rachel on MSNBC, you must mean Rachel on the home cooking show.

If you didn't mean Rachel on MSNBC, you must mean Rachel on the home cooking show.
    I'll let you use your powers of logic to determine which one I was talking about

Slick Willie issues his statement on the Romney welfare lie:

Governor Romney released an ad today alleging that the Obama administration had weakened the work requirements of the 1996 Welfare Reform Act. That is not true.

The act emerged after years of experiments at the state level, including my work as Governor of Arkansas beginning in 1980. When I became President, I granted waivers from the old law to 44 states to implement welfare to work strategies before welfare reform passed.

After the law was enacted, every state was required to design a plan to move people into the workforce, along with more funds to help pay for training, childcare and transportation. As a result, millions of people moved from welfare to work.

The recently announced waiver policy was originally requested by the Republican governors of Utah and Nevada to achieve more flexibility in designing programs more likely to work in this challenging environment. The Administration has taken important steps to ensure that the work requirement is retained and that waivers will be granted only if a state can demonstrate that more people will be moved into work under its new approach. The welfare time limits, another important feature of the 1996 act, will not be waived.

The Romney ad is especially disappointing because, as governor of Massachusetts, he requested changes in the welfare reform laws that could have eliminated time limits altogether. We need a bipartisan consensus to continue to help people move from welfare to work even during these hard times, not more misleading campaign ads.

We need a bipartisan consensus to continue to help people move from welfare to work even during these hard times, not more misleading campaign ads.
    Ya know what works real well to get bipartisan consensus? Orders out of the blue from the executive branch.

^^and then we have this from Gingrich who was indeed there at the time

Newt Gingrich argued today that the proposed changes to welfare reform should be seen as unacceptable.
    “The fact is that secton 407 was written not to be waivable,” Gingrich stated in a conference call with reporters today sponsored by the RNC.
    “The hardcore liberals like Barack Obama were deeply opposed to the bill,” Gingrich added, “and even after Bill Clinton agreed to sign the final version, half the Democratic party in the House voted no and if you go back and read what they were saying, there’s a deep, deep bitter opposition to work requirements on the hard-core left.”
    He also had praise for Clinton, who signed the welfare-reform bill into law.
    “In many ways, Obama is the anti-Clinton,” Gingrich remarked, saying Clinton moved the Democrats to the center, while Obama has moved the party leftward. “I hope every American when they watch Bill Clinton speak [at the convention] will realize how much weaker and less effective a president Obama is than the man who is nominating him.”

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...katrina-trinko

Saul is a Romney adviser:
    Earlier, Saul said that Spotic and his deceased wife, who passed away from cancer in 2006, would have had access to health care coverage under Mitt Romney’s controversial universal health care coverage plan he passed as the governor of the Bay State.

“If people had been in Massachusetts, under Governor Romney’s health care plan, they would have had health care,” said Saul.
    Fail.

The Romney guy boofed that one.

Ya know what works real well to get bipartisan consensus? Orders out of the blue from the executive branch.
    Orders out of the blue? Jeezuz he was doing what the Republican governors were requesting. How can that not be bipartisan? And how do all of these republican governors who support Romney AND requested the waivers now reconcile what is Mitt is accusing Obama of doing? Clusterf&*k.

Are you just pissed because its a democrat who gave the order? Sheesh. The guy actually goes out of his way to accommodate republicans in the most direct way possible, and is giving states flexibility to do what they want to do without waiving the work requirements. Isn't that what conservatives like? Or is it just because his name is Barrack Obama?

And to Jimz....Newt Gingrich lost me at "hardcore liberals like Barrack Obama."

And to Jimz....Newt Gingrich lost me at "hardcore liberals like Barrack Obama."
    You can say that Obama is a "moderate Republican", as you're so fond of, but he's still the most liberal president we've ever had.

Orders out of the blue? Jeezuz he was doing what the Republican governors were requesting. How can that not be bipartisan? And how do all of these republican governors who support Romney AND requested the waivers now reconcile what is Mitt is accusing Obama of doing? Clusterf&*k.
    I'm not sure that what Obambi is doing is what the Republican governors asked for. If it was, where's their request? Does it match? I doubt it.
    Are you just pissed because its a democrat who gave the order? Sheesh.
    Did otoc hack your computer with a projection app?