Page 2 of 336 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 5035
  1. #16
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Twain Harte, CA
    Posts
    20,453

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    ^^^ He's not on my list either.

  2. #17
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,608

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    I hear The Donald (Trump) is thinking about running. He doesnít like all the outsourcing to China thatís a plus. On the other hand I think heís a wee bit to socially liberal to suit me.


    He can also fire himself thatís a big plusÖ

  3. #18
    Joined
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Crazy AZ USA
    Posts
    3,516

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    "We say in our platform that we believe that the right to coin money and issue money is a function of government....

    Those who are opposed to this proposition tell us that the issue of paper money is a function of the bank and that the government ought to go out of the banking business. I stand with Jefferson rather than with them, and tell them, as he did, that the issue of money is a function of the government and that the banks should go out of the governing business."

    William Jennings Bryan.

  4. #19
    Joined
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Indian-uhhh
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,807

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by liteman View Post
    Palin??? Seriously?? Please do all you can to make her the Repub nominee!

    Donate all you can, go door to door, quit your job and devote all your time to her cause.

    Me, I'd rather have the "rent is too damn high guy", at least he makes some sense compared to Palin, who has the intellectual curiosity of a gnat.

    I never said I personally am a fan of Palin. I just think it's interesting how the McCain campaign lit up with her on board. I can't see Palin as a serious contender for President anymore. I think she's a nice lady, but how she's acted since the 2008 election makes me think she'll be another celebrity president...even moreso than Obama seemed to be at one point. She's not my choice, if for nothing else, I'm afraid she may step down in 2014. For whipping up the crowds, sure, she's a great cheerleader. I'd want her to do that, but not the way. I'm conservative, registered Republican, but I'd vote for Hillary before her.

    "The Rent Is Too Damn High" was great to have. He wasn't crazy, but nonetheless quite amusing.

  5. #20
    Joined
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Crazy AZ USA
    Posts
    3,516

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Big B-man View Post
    I never said I personally am a fan of Palin. I just think it's interesting how the McCain campaign lit up with her on board. I can't see Palin as a serious contender for President anymore. I think she's a nice lady, but how she's acted since the 2008 election makes me think she'll be another celebrity president...even moreso than Obama seemed to be at one point. She's not my choice, if for nothing else, I'm afraid she may step down in 2014. For whipping up the crowds, sure, she's a great cheerleader. I'd want her to do that, but not the way. I'm conservative, registered Republican, but I'd vote for Hillary before her.

    "The Rent Is Too Damn High" was great to have. He wasn't crazy, but nonetheless quite amusing.
    IMHO- If you knew what was the truth about what is going on in government, you would likely find enough evidence to imprison the last two administrations and find more worthy people currently inside those prisons.

    Until we stop being fools about who we vote into office and start thinking outside of the box, these fools WILL turn this republic into a third world tinderbox where our children will take to the streets what we should have taken to the polls.
    "We say in our platform that we believe that the right to coin money and issue money is a function of government....

    Those who are opposed to this proposition tell us that the issue of paper money is a function of the bank and that the government ought to go out of the banking business. I stand with Jefferson rather than with them, and tell them, as he did, that the issue of money is a function of the government and that the banks should go out of the governing business."

    William Jennings Bryan.

  6. #21
    Joined
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Crazy AZ USA
    Posts
    3,516

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Well- scratch one:

    New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg on Sunday ruled out a run for the White House, saying he is content in his current job.

    In an appearance on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” Bloomberg, a billionaire who founded Bloomberg news, advised people pushing him to consider a bid for the presidency to “cease and desist.”

    Now in a third term as mayor of New York, Bloomberg said he would continue to voice positions on national issues that effect New York, including immigration and U.S. trade policy.

    Bloomberg is a former Democrat who turned Republican. In 2007 he left the GOP to become an independent.

    In playing down ongoing speculation, Bloomberg chalked up the presidential talk to the media needing “something to write about.”

    Bloomberg has repeatedly denied presidential ambitions, but an economic speech delivered by the 68-year-old mayor Wednesday in Brooklyn helped revive the speculation.

    In his address, Bloomberg said Democrats and Republicans are to blame for not doing enough to help the economy and get more Americans back to work.

    A number of Republicans, including 2008 vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin, are reported considering campaigns for the 2012 nomination to oppose President Barack Obama, a Democrat who is expected to seek a second term.
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/new...-12?link=kiosk
    "We say in our platform that we believe that the right to coin money and issue money is a function of government....

    Those who are opposed to this proposition tell us that the issue of paper money is a function of the bank and that the government ought to go out of the banking business. I stand with Jefferson rather than with them, and tell them, as he did, that the issue of money is a function of the government and that the banks should go out of the governing business."

    William Jennings Bryan.

  7. #22
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Twain Harte, CA
    Posts
    20,453

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    In the first RedState straw poll for 2012... drum roll please... Herman Cain beat out Sarah Palin.

  8. #23
    Joined
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Crazy AZ USA
    Posts
    3,516

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    In the first RedState straw poll for 2012... drum roll please... Herman Cain beat out Sarah Palin.
    I don't think any sane person should draft Palin and she'd be a fool to step in on her own. I understand and appreciate what she did in Alaska, It actually improved my opinion of her- but she'd lose what cred she has left with me to jump into this right now. She just needs to get with the business she left for first and stick with being an advocate- not a participant.

    Hmmm- Cain might be that "outside the box" type person ... he may actually have done some productive work in his life ... ? Research l8r.
    Last edited by AeroSim; 12-16-2010 at 10:53 AM.
    "We say in our platform that we believe that the right to coin money and issue money is a function of government....

    Those who are opposed to this proposition tell us that the issue of paper money is a function of the bank and that the government ought to go out of the banking business. I stand with Jefferson rather than with them, and tell them, as he did, that the issue of money is a function of the government and that the banks should go out of the governing business."

    William Jennings Bryan.

  9. #24
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Twain Harte, CA
    Posts
    20,453

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    ^^^ I like both Sarah Palin and Herman Cain... and respect each of them for their talents and opinions... that said, neither should be considered as a serious contender for our pretzeldent.

  10. #25
    Joined
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,761

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread


  11. #26
    Joined
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Crazy AZ USA
    Posts
    3,516

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by falcon_view View Post
    I really think that it is a much smaller target than that: Banks. The danger in this message is that industries may be demonized in general- including those we need. Moreover, many corporations- including our top 10- are highly leveraged. Look a GE's debt ratio and who did Obama make an economic advisor? Many boards of manufacturing companies are actually mostly composed of people who were sponsored banks with finance degrees and did not come up through the ranks.

    Corporations really owe their origins to the banking system where debt pays the bills.

    We really need to selectively target better and clearly identify the problem and our enemy. The banking aristocracy IS that enemy.
    Last edited by AeroSim; 03-01-2011 at 08:46 PM. Reason: change who
    "We say in our platform that we believe that the right to coin money and issue money is a function of government....

    Those who are opposed to this proposition tell us that the issue of paper money is a function of the bank and that the government ought to go out of the banking business. I stand with Jefferson rather than with them, and tell them, as he did, that the issue of money is a function of the government and that the banks should go out of the governing business."

    William Jennings Bryan.

  12. #27
    Joined
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,761

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by AeroSim View Post
    I really think that it is a much smaller target than that: Banks. The danger in this message is that industries may be demonized in general- including those we need. Moreover, many corporations- including our top 10- are highly leveraged. Look a GE's debt ratio and who did Obama make an economic advisor? Many boards of manufacturing companies are actually mostly composed of people who were sponsored banks with finance degrees and did not come up through the ranks.

    Corporations really owe their origins to the banking system where debt pays the bills.

    We really need to selectively target better and clearly identify the problem and our enemy. The banking aristocracy IS that enemy.

  13. #28
    Joined
    Aug 2003
    Location
    West Richland, WA
    Posts
    6,397

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Palin is cranking it up already.

    And with all due respect to Governor Christie, you know he has no choice but to cut budgets because he’s broke, his state is broke. What courage really is, is in the face of having a surplus when you have opportunity to spend spend spend other people’s money, you still choose to reign in government to let the private sector soar. That’s real courage, and by the way that’s what I did as Governor here when I engaged in hiring freezes and reduced earmarks by 86% and vetoed the largest amounts in our state’s history. Despite having a surplus that’s real leadership and that’s courage.

    But I do appreciate that Governor Christie is willing to face the reality in his state and that is that they are going bankrupt. So he has to cut, he has no choice.
    Brian

  14. #29
    Joined
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,027

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    I hear The Donald (Trump) is thinking about running. He doesnít like all the outsourcing to China thatís a plus. On the other hand I think heís a wee bit to socially liberal to suit me.


    He can also fire himself thatís a big plusÖ
    I don't think Donald Trump is a conservative. I believe he leans apathetic/liberal but wants to run as a Republican because he thinks the GOP (the party and the voters) will bow at the feet of a "successful businessman from New York City". Plus, the DNC would never give him the Presidential nomination in 2016 and he'd probably be too old in 2020 and later.

  15. #30
    Joined
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,027

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    ^^^ I like both Sarah Palin and Herman Cain... and respect each of them for their talents and opinions... that said, neither should be considered as a serious contender for our pretzeldent.
    Here's a problem with Herman Cain:

    I consider myself a fairly political person. I watch Fox News/CNN/CNBC/Fox Business every day and listen to NPR and conservative talk radio and read a spattering of blogs from both sides of the political arena. So, I had to look up Cain's name on Wikipedia. I had no clue who he is. And if I had no clue, there are tons of other conservatives out there who have no idea who he is. He will have to introduce himself to the GOP voter base (it's not impossible, Sarah Palin came out of nowhere and became a darling of the party).

    As for his actual politics, I have no knowledge of where he stands on anything. However, from a PR standpoint, I can already imagine the jokes on The Daily Show. "The Republicans want to beat Obama so they found their own black guy." Hell, they made those jokes when the GOP appointed Michael Steele as GOP chairman just after the '08 election.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •