Page 3 of 336 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Re: The 2012 Election Thread

^^ Honestly, I don't see the republicans putting up any serious contender for 2012. Obama does pretty much whatever the establishment wants. He's a complete pushover which is why I think he'll just get another term.

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

^^^ Ya know, who was Barak Obama? Also, Regan in '76 was a doormat to be kicked around and he was a nuclear trigger-happy conservative joke at the start of 1980.

All it took was four years of Jimmy Carter ....

So ... here we go again?

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/gop...-24?link=kiosk

GOP finds Obama hard to beat — so far

U.S. unemployment is at 8.9%. A challenge to President Barack Obama’s one-year-old health care law is likely on its way to the Supreme Court. And even some Democrats are questioning the president’s intervention in Libya.

And yet at this early stage of the 2012 race for the White House, every would-be Republican challenger is lagging behind Obama in the polls — despite below-50% job-approval ratings for the president.

A key reason: “This is a relatively unknown bunch of Republicans,” explains University of Virginia political scientist Larry Sabato. Never mind that some, like Mitt Romney and Mike Huckabee, ran for the GOP nomination in 2008. They’re still pretty obscure to many Americans. So, Sabato says, “this is where a campaign matters.”

With more than a year and a half to go until Election Day, some Republicans are now beginning those campaigns in earnest. Ex-Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty became the first major candidate to set up an exploratory committee this week. Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich is flirting with another run for the White House, and launched a web site dubbed “Newt Explore 2012” earlier this month.
    Should we have the currency collapse and the world exposes us and the banking system for what it is ....

Vote for Ryan Shrout.
    "We say in our platform that we believe that the right to coin money and issue money is a function of government....

Those who are opposed to this proposition tell us that the issue of paper money is a function of the bank and that the government ought to go out of the banking business. I stand with Jefferson rather than with them, and tell them, as he did, that the issue of money is a function of the government and that the banks should go out of the governing business."

William Jennings Bryan.

Quote Originally Posted by AeroSim View Post
    ^^^ Ya know, who was Barak Obama? Also, Regan in '76 was a doormat to be kicked around and he was a nuclear trigger-happy conservative joke at the start of 1980.

So ... here we go again?

Should we have the currency collapse and the world exposes us and the banking system for what it is ....

Vote for Ryan Shrout.
    But we don't need another Reagan or Obama. Reagan never balanced the budget either. Infact you could argue that he played a role in our current financial crisis.
    Obama will get a second term because he does the bidding of the big banks and wall street. It's all about money.

The system is broken. The only hope now is to hope a better one is constructed after this one collapses under it's own weight.

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

So ... here we go again?

Vote for Ryan Shrout.
    I would argue the exact opposite point the article is trying to make. People know who Newt Gingrich is. They know who Mitt Romney is. And they always know the aura of Sarah Palin infects any talk of republican 2012 presidential candidates. The republican presidential candidate field is filled with such ginormous douches that right now they don't stand a chance. If Trump runs it will be the biggest sideshow in history.

And I think most conservatives/republicans would agree with me here. Every candidate out there has a serious electability problem. The guy who is probably best suited for the job is Romney, but will conservatives (as a whole) ever forgive him for his former policies on health care? Will the "religious" folks turnout for him?

Unlike the last time around, the republicans are going to be the only ones destroying themselves to get to the white house. But they'll also get all of the media coverage as well. Should be lots of fun.

I think it would be hysterical if Obama lost the DNC nomination in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinC939 View Post
    I think it would be hysterical if Obama lost the DNC nomination in 2012.
    I think it's plausible. (Considering what happened in the 1980 and 1968 DNC primaries) I just don't know if there are any strong Democrats who are willing to try making a run against Obama.

I think Hillary might be our best shot.
    I have a feeling that she's getting the shits of Obama's incompetence as a leader.
    But Obama is just too easy for push around and manipulate. I am curious to know who the 48% percent of people are who approve of Obama's job as president.
    Last edited by JustinC939; 03-28-2011 at 01:11 AM.

Its way to early to tell period.

Quote Originally Posted by /\/\adGamer View Post
    Its way to early to tell period.
    While that's true for people who wait to vote, it's not too early to identify and vet candidates to run. Trust me, the people who brought you the financial collapse of 2008 know of the voter apathy that goes on prior to the primaries.
    "We say in our platform that we believe that the right to coin money and issue money is a function of government....

Those who are opposed to this proposition tell us that the issue of paper money is a function of the bank and that the government ought to go out of the banking business. I stand with Jefferson rather than with them, and tell them, as he did, that the issue of money is a function of the government and that the banks should go out of the governing business."

William Jennings Bryan.

I happen to think there is a few would be candidates that could beat Obama. I bet the guy who beats him hasn't even announced his running yet!

Quote Originally Posted by /\/\adGamer View Post
    I bet the guy who beats him hasn't even announced his running yet!
    Hopin' you're on to somethin' here, 'cause the list of people wanting to run pretty much sucks.

^^^^ they still better than whats in there now!

Didn't somebody just post something about Rand Paul? Maybe Paul Ryan has learned something? That might be an interesting ticket. Obama was less than one senate term too ....

And why does everyone have to think that political experience is good experience?

William Jennings Bryan.

^^^ Someone did

Maybe Paul Ryan has learned something?
    Met Paul Ryan at a town hall meeting about a year ago. Asked him about presidential aspirations. He said he won't think about it until his kids are older. They're aged like 5 to 9 if I recall.