Page 4 of 336 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Re: The 2012 Election Thread

Obama 2012 the right wing has no chance... why do i say such things its simple the left has a punching bag to mercelessly beat into the ground for exactly what the right stands for. what could this punching bag be the repubs of the great state of wisco... thank them for loosing 2012 for you guys.
    Last edited by Maxius; 03-28-2011 at 09:11 PM.
    My Pc
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 @ 4.6ghz
    Memory: 16gb Cosair ddr3 1866
    Hard Drives: 1x 1TB + 100gb muskin ssd cache, 1x 2tb 2 x3 tb
    Video: AMD Radeon R9 290
    Sound: Creative Xfi Fatal1ty Pro
    Lcd: Gateway Black-Silver 24"

Quote Originally Posted by Maxius View Post
    Obama 2012 the right wing has no chance... why do i say such things its simple the left has a punching bag to mercelessly beat into the ground for exactly what the right stands for. what could this punching bag be the repubs of the great state of wisco... thank them for loosing 2012 for you guys.
    Federal employees don't have collective bargaining and never have. Mitt Romney's, Sarah Palin's, whoever's opinion has no (or shouldn't) impact on the federal race for President.

Even Obama made a statement about the union battles in Wisconsin and was so harshly criticized for interfering with State's rights that he hasn't said anything since.

Long story short - the Presidential election of 2012 will have nothing to do with collective bargaining for public employees.

The Republican nomination for 2012 will be Donald Trump and Michelle Bachmann. Mark my word on that.

Main Box: BioStar TpowerX58 LGA 1366, Intel i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz Quad-Core, 3GB Corsair DDR3 1600, 2X250GB WD SATA, VisionTek Radeon 4870, Corsair 620w PS, Asus DRW-1608P3S & DRW-1814BL, Win7 SP1 & LinuxMint 10

Red Hour Video

RedHour Gaming

Will Biden stay on as Vice President for the DNC 2012 run?

Quote Originally Posted by Palandri View Post
    The Republican nomination for 2012 will be Donald Trump and Trump's Hair as VP. Mark my word on that.
    Fixed it for you.
    Fox News watchers are less informed - The Proof

I hope we shall... crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations which dare already to challenge our government in a trial of strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country.
    - Thomas Jefferson

It begins, gentlemen!

Obama 2012 campaign releases their first YouTube video:

Then, almost has if they made it just for Scooter, the Republican National Committee released this spoof commercial:

I honestly wonder how Obama will do. Conservatives hate him, of course. But even the liberal base seems fractured. Some seem to think he's not doing enough or that he's a push-over to the establishment, while the rest (the Paul Begalas of the world) are maintaining "Hey, give him a break, he's cleaning up Bush's mess." I wonder what the moderate middle will think.

Judging by the tone of their trailer, it looks like the Obama campaign is going for "Hey, remember Obama? Yeah, he's great isn't he? What about Michelle? She's great, too. Barack still has a job to finish, right? Let's reelect him for another term!"

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    It begins, gentlemen!

Obama 2012 campaign releases their first YouTube video:

Then, almost has if they made it just for Scooter, the Republican National Committee released this spoof commercial:

I honestly wonder how Obama will do. Conservatives hate him, of course. But even the liberal base seems fractured. Some seem to think he's not doing enough or that he's a push-over to the establishment, while the rest (the Paul Begalas of the world) are maintaining "Hey, give him a break, he's cleaning up Bush's mess." I wonder what the moderate middle will think.

Judging by the tone of their trailer, it looks like the Obama campaign is going for "Hey, remember Obama? Yeah, he's great isn't he? What about Michelle? She's great, too. Barack still has a job to finish, right? Let's reelect him for another term!"
    Well the republican governors in swing states like Ohio and Florida certainly aren't helping the republican matters any. I think I read last week that if the election were to happen again today, Rick Scott would lose by 15 points.

It'll all depends on turnout. The republicans have made the biggest mistake they ever could have made by going after unions. No better way to rile up the base than going after working folks and their benefits. I think the only thing worse they could have done to get dems jacked up would have been to just outright call Obama a ni#$er.

For the encore, the republican budget leadership is about to tell grandma to buy her own health insurance with a voucher and pray to God that the insurance companies will actually cover the cost of their medical care. All the while promising to roll back Bamma'care so the insurance companies will have full ability to deny care to folks with pre-exisiting conditions....essentially every senior on the planet.

Then add the fact that the tea party is about as popular as Charlie Sheen right now....and yet John Boehner and the republican "leadership" is terrified of them.

Sarcasm on:

Sometimes I wonder if the dems sat back in 2010 and just said you know what? We're F'd anyways! Might as well let the republicans back at the table so they can keep screwing up too. Then we can show America all over again how great Barry is!

If someone does not do anything about inflation and deficit spending soon, Obama and any incumbent are going to fall on their swords anyhow.

We don't know what pain is yet.
    "We say in our platform that we believe that the right to coin money and issue money is a function of government....

Those who are opposed to this proposition tell us that the issue of paper money is a function of the bank and that the government ought to go out of the banking business. I stand with Jefferson rather than with them, and tell them, as he did, that the issue of money is a function of the government and that the banks should go out of the governing business."

William Jennings Bryan.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon24 View Post
    It'll all depends on turnout. The republicans have made the biggest mistake they ever could have made by going after unions. No better way to rile up the base than going after working folks and their benefits. I think the only thing worse they could have done to get dems jacked up would have been to just outright call Obama a ni#$er.
    Are you sure? I think presidential candidates on both sides of the aisle will stay away from the issue.

Palin, Romney and the like have issued vague statements praising what Walker and Kasich are doing, but they aren't exactly showing up at Tea Party rallies in Madison and Columbus talking about how shitty public employees are.

And Obama called the WI Budget Repair Bill an "attack on unions" and he got his head bitten off from all sides for interfering in States business. Plus, the DNC has no intention to give collective bargaining to federal employees. Unless Obama runs on giving collective bargaining to postal workers and FBI agents (and never balancing a federal budget ever again), I think the Dems attacking the Republicans on the union issue would be like saying "Well, he hates puppies and I love them even though that I has nothing to do with this election."

For the encore, the republican budget leadership is about to tell grandma to buy her own health insurance with a voucher and pray to God that the insurance companies will actually cover the cost of their medical care. All the while promising to roll back Bamma'care so the insurance companies will have full ability to deny care to folks with pre-exisiting conditions....essentially every senior on the planet.
    That could be. When Clinton called Gingrich's bluff in '95 and the government shut down and Granny stopped getting her social security checks, people freaked out and it killed the "Republican Revolution" in this country.

The average "Moderate American" is too fickle. They vote in Democrats then complain about taxing and government spending. Then they vote in Republicans and complain about entitlement cuts and PEU reform. What exactly did they think Obama would do in 2008 or the Republicans would do in 2010? People are stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by AeroSim View Post
    If someone does not do anything about inflation and deficit spending soon, Obama and any incumbent are going to fall on their swords anyhow.

We don't know what pain is yet.
    I don't even know if the average American is aware of inflation and the weak US dollar internationally.

Are you sure? I think presidential candidates on both sides of the aisle will stay away from the issue.

Palin, Romney and the like have issued vague statements praising what Walker and Kasich are doing, but they aren't exactly showing up at Tea Party rallies in Madison and Columbus talking about how shitty public employees are.

And Obama called the WI Budget Repair Bill an "attack on unions" and he got his head bitten off from all sides for interfering in States business. Plus, the DNC has no intention to give collective bargaining to federal employees. Unless Obama runs on giving collective bargaining to postal workers and FBI agents (and never balancing a federal budget ever again), I think the Dems attacking the Republicans on the union issue would be like saying "Well, he hates puppies and I love them even though that I has nothing to do with this election."

That could be. When Clinton called Gingrich's bluff in '95 and the government shut down and Granny stopped getting her social security checks, people freaked out and it killed the "Republican Revolution" in this country.

The average "Moderate American" is too fickle. They vote in Democrats then complain about taxing and government spending. Then they vote in Republicans and complain about entitlement cuts and PEU reform. What exactly did they think Obama would do in 2008 or the Republicans would do in 2010? People are stupid.
    I had meant it more along the lines of riling up the base in swing states. Obama don't need to say shit about unions. But you can guran-damn-tee that it will be a huge election issue in 2012 because the democrats will make it one. And Florida and Ohio? Dems don't win presidential elections unless they win those states.

For example that Rick Scott poll that shows him 15 points behind the guy he lost to? You know the main reason why? Because minorities are pissed off and they'll turn out to vote next time.

If I were a republican right now, and I wanted Barry out, I'd be doing my best to make sure that the voters stay as apathetic as they did in 2010. Riling up union bases in swing states is not the way to go about it.

I had meant it more along the lines of riling up the base in swing states. Obama don't need to say shit about unions. But you can guran-damn-tee that it will be a huge election issue in 2012 because the democrats will make it one. And Florida and Ohio? Dems don't win presidential elections unless they win those states.

For example that Rick Scott poll that shows him 15 points behind the guy he lost to? You know the main reason why? Because minorities are pissed off and they'll turn out to vote next time.

If I were a republican right now, and I wanted Barry out, I'd be doing my best to make sure that the voters stay as apathetic as they did in 2010. Riling up union bases in swing states is not the way to go about it.
    Yeah, you're right. If the Dems get all the teachers and firefighters out to vote for state/local candidates, then they'll be in the voting booth voting for Barry, too.

I don't even know if the average American is aware of inflation and the weak US dollar internationally.
    They will be soon. My wife informs me that it's showing up at the store and we're hearing more and more grump about the price of getting to/from work.

If they're saying prices are going to be felt significantly at Walmart this summer- count on a broad-based increase that everyone will feel everywhere.

They can insulate us only so long with money printing .....
    "We say in our platform that we believe that the right to coin money and issue money is a function of government....

Those who are opposed to this proposition tell us that the issue of paper money is a function of the bank and that the government ought to go out of the banking business. I stand with Jefferson rather than with them, and tell them, as he did, that the issue of money is a function of the government and that the banks should go out of the governing business."

William Jennings Bryan.

Quote Originally Posted by AeroSim View Post
    They will be soon. My wife informs me that it's showing up at the store and we're hearing more and more grump about the price of getting to/from work.

If they're saying prices are going to be felt significantly at Walmart this summer- count on a broad-based increase that everyone will feel everywhere.

They can insulate us only so long with money printing .....
    I've already noticed that my grocery bill is about $40 more per/mo than it was 6 months ago (thank you quicken graphs and charts). And that's for two people. The local safeway started charging a buck extra if you want tomatoes on your deli sandwich. And you notice how fast food places rarely have dollar menus any more? They are called value menus now and some of the items cost $5.

So yeah.....

I want to take a mulligan on the first term. I promise to give you hope and change in my second term.

- Barry

Hey, if the conservatives can't come up with someone to knock the post turtle off his perch... like Popeye said... blow me down.