Page 5 of 336 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Re: The 2012 Election Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    I want to take a mulligan on the first term. I promise to give you hope and change in my second term.

- Barry

Hey, if the conservatives can't come up with someone to knock the post turtle off his perch... like Popeye said... blow me down.
    Kinda like 2003-4 only the exact opposite

Wonder if P-Turtle has paid for her gas and mortgage yet..

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    That's actually kind of sad. Which Democratic Party stooge lied to her and told her Obama would do those things?

It's nothing new for the DNC though. I think Bill Clinton said in his memoirs that when he was a kid he used to drive black people to the polling station and tell them that Mr. So and So Democratic Candidate was for more low income benefits/what not.

Jesse Ventura has just announced that he would consider being Ron Paul's VP running mate if Ron Paul runs as an independent....

http://politics.gather.com/viewArtic...81474979190257

Not that Ron Paul will ever get elected.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinC939 View Post
    Jesse Ventura has just announced that he would consider being Ron Paul's VP running mate if Ron Paul runs as an independent....

Hmmm, interesting.

I don't think Ventura would be a good vice president. All they basically do is cruise around the country and support the president's agenda. Ventura is the man who went on a state visit to Cuba, in direct violation of the embargo, chatted with Castro, then told the Cuban media that the US-Cuban embargo was stupid - and while he was a sitting US governor.

Even if they agree on 80-90% of the issues, I suspect Ventura would have a hard time towing the line on a single issue he didn't agree with in a theoretical Paul administration.

My two cents on the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinC939 View Post

If it did happen, I'd make sure Jesse would go to every Senate session with a mini-gun strapped on him.

"You don't want to repeal healthcare? Come to Ole Painless ... I have something for you...."
    Last edited by AeroSim; 04-05-2011 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Couldn't resist ....
    "We say in our platform that we believe that the right to coin money and issue money is a function of government....

Those who are opposed to this proposition tell us that the issue of paper money is a function of the bank and that the government ought to go out of the banking business. I stand with Jefferson rather than with them, and tell them, as he did, that the issue of money is a function of the government and that the banks should go out of the governing business."

William Jennings Bryan.

^^^Heehee, had to look it up. The best line of the movie, and one that bears repeating at a senate hearing.:

Poncho: Get that stinking sh*t out of my face!

Blaine: You're all a bunch of slack jawed faggots! This stuff will make you a sexual Tyrannosaurus. Just like me!

BO is already starting and lookee see who he has helping him..

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...r-al-sharpton/
    WASHINGTON—With his wavy bouffant and medallion
    necklaces, the Rev. Al Sharpton famously confronted government
    officials on behalf of black Americans. Now he has found a new role:
    telling black leaders to quiet their criticisms and give the
    government a chance.

President Barack Obama has turned to Sharpton in recent weeks to
    answer increasingly public criticism in the black community over his
    economic policy. Some black leaders are charging that the nation's
    first African-American president has failed to help black communities
    hit hard by the downturn, leaving party strategists worried that black
    Democrats will become dispirited and skip November's congressional
    elections.

I guess it's no different than the NRA helping GWB get into office the last
    decade, but it still sucks..

Ron Paul is in a tight spot. With his son waiting in the wings, it's a hard hard
    choice deciding to run and I don't think he will, but if he does he has at
    least one vote..

Thank God this isn't going to be a race matter..By the way, I believe
    GWB did more for many folks in Africa in fighting the AIDS mess than
    any other president going. It'll never be mentioned but here it is..from
    the Guardian no less.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008...georgebush.usa
    They may not be George Bush's natural constituency but Rwanda's
    prostitutes have good things to say about him. So do poor South Africans
    abandoned by their quixotic government, and doctors across Africa who
    otherwise regard the American president as a walking crime against humanity.

As Bush arrives in Africa today at the start of a five-country tour he will be welcomed
    chiefly for an initiative which has gone largely unnoticed outside the continent but
    which has saved the lives of more than a million people with HIV.

The $15bn (7.6bn) President's Emergency Plan for Aids Relief (Pepfar) is in its fifth
    year and has been hailed as a "revolution" that is transforming healthcare in Africa
    and has been praised as the most significant aid programme since the end of colonialism.

Bill Clinton's legacy in Africa was the debacle of Somalia and the abandonment of
    Rwanda's Tutsis to the 1994 genocide.
    But with Pepfar, Bush's primary contribution
    will be greatly extending millions of lives even though the programme has been criticised
    for emphasising abstinence in Aids education and using religious organisations to
    deliver care.

"This is the best thing that ever happened to the poor people I work with," said Edward
    Phillips, a Catholic priest overseeing the distribution of life-saving antiretroviral drugs
    (ARVs) in Nairobi, Kenya. "It's one of the few times I've seen US government money
    really reach down to the poorest of the poor. It's kept a hell of a lot of people alive.
    "
    So where is BO's place in helping Africa..Surely it's somewhere.
    Though to be fair, he has his hands full right at the moment with
    the economy and trying to get people back to work and such..
    It ain't easy..
    Last edited by no2guncntrl; 04-05-2011 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Don't worry. BO will come out of this whole "government shutdown" nonsense as the "hero" who saved our military from not getting paid and will easily win a second term. Hard to believe the Republicans have already screwed this election up as badly as the last one.

It is nice to see some of the people here who used to call me crazy for voting for Ron Paul saying they're going to vote for him if he runs though. Better late than never!

Speaking of Trump, he's been pretty good at building up an empire, not being able to pay for it, and then filing bankruptcy. I wonder if he can do this for the whole country?
    Last edited by kbohip; 04-08-2011 at 02:40 PM.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    Don't worry. BO will come out of this whole "government shutdown" nonsense as the "hero" who saved our military from not getting paid and will easily win a second term. Hard to believe the Republicans have already screwed this election up as badly as the last one.
    I know, the moderate voters in this country are stupid. I'm sorry, but they are. They say that they pay too much in property taxes, they pay too much in income taxes, they want smaller government.

But then you try to go after the teacher's union, Medicare and social security spending and they get upset. Where the hell do they think the money is spent in this country? Sorry, but if entitlements are more important to you than taxes, you're a Democrat.

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    Speaking of Trump, he's been pretty good at building up an empire, not being able to pay for it, and then filing bankruptcy. I wonder if he can do this for the whole country?
    Alan Colmes was just on FNC, he said that Trump will never run for President because he doesn't want to disclouse all his personal financial information to the public, including all the various business bankruptcies.

I still think Trump is a lib who wants to be President and thinks the Tea Party/Republicans will just get wet at the knees and worship any suit-wearing "business man".

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon24 View Post
    ^^^Heehee, had to look it up. The best line of the movie, and one that bears repeating at a senate hearing.:
    I'd say second best line. My favorite. "Hey, you're bleeding!" Jesse: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

Just saw on FNC - Oprah will not endorse Obama or any other candidates in the '12 election to avoid alienating the Tea Party crowd. Her new cable network - OWN - is doing awful in the ratings and she doesn't want to scare away the "hockey mom" crowd.

Oh god...

Logged on to Facebook. Two of my conservative pals who are card-carrying Tea Party members now "Like" Donald Trump's page. I go to the Trump page, and it's filled with conservatives talking about how great Trump would be for the GOP and the US if he was President.

Really left a disgusting taste in my mouth. If Trump was nominated as the GOP candidate, it'd be the worst thing the GOP did to itself since Barry Goldwater said he would drop a couple nukes on Vietnam.

Well at least Trump knows a thing or two about bankrupcy, which would come in useful as President.