Page 55 of 336 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast

Re: The 2012 Election Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon24 View Post
    this pseudo-socio-conservative-capitalistic-monarchy-frat boy club.
    That's not what I'd call the scene in Washington, lol.

Romney's the guy. It's inevitable.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/m...dential-d.html

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    He seems lost because he is. No one else on that stage (nor any sane person for that matter) would even think to blame America for 9/11. His feeble rationale for supporting his isolationist views (parroting Bin Laden) will relegate him to novelty status for the rest of his political career.
    I'll definitely agree that Paul is not at all like any other Republican, but considering that the party is a shell of it's former self, I'd say that would be a compliment. Paul has always had a problem with speaking the truth. He doesn't try to hide his views or shape them to whatever he feels like the polls might say is the most popular view at the moment. I also don't think he's "blaming America" for 9/11. I think what he's trying to say is the main reason we were attacked was our constant involvement in the ME during the last 50 years. I think he is blaming the leadership and our foreign policy during that time. I don't think for one second he blames the American people or sides with Bin Laden.

Is he right? Would we have been attacked had we kept more to our corner of the Earth all that time? Who knows. I'd bet that we wouldn't have been attacked, we therefore wouldn't have been involved in two wars, and gas would still be as expensive as ever, but in the end, this is all water that's under the bridge. I will say however that our foreign policy of having American soldiers on just about every continent is no longer sustainable for us and for this reason I think we might be forced to become ever more "isolationist", at least in matters of the military, whether RP gets elected or not.

Bottom line for me is the other candidates know they can't touch RP on anything other than some of his unpopular stances like 9/11 and the wars so they go after him only on these points every time they get a chance. It tells me that they aren't prepared to deal with the real problems of the country though. I just hope the Repubs aren't setting us up for another McCain in 2012.

Why would it be inevitable? It only matters how the votes stack up in the Republican party not the whole populace. Besides, Perry is outpolling him at this point among Republicans. No one is a sure thing in this. It depends how people realign themselves as some drop out of the race.
    Brian

Of course the PPP poll is an outlier. Nearly every other poll I've seen recently shows Bamma losing to "generic repuggie". RCP gives ole' generic repuggie a 5 point advantage.

President Obama vs. Republican Candidate

Which is a far better assessment IMHO as the repug field is still splitting the vote.

^^^@kbohip

IIRC I've yet to have cause to call RP a liar. I just think he's nuts. I do think he feels 9/11 is our fault. IMHO even if we had built a maginot line and kept to ourselves as his foreign policy seems to indicate he'd favor.. we'd still have been attacked. Jihadists need an enemy to be demonized. One not easily defeated so they can keep the jihadist lemmings paddling and themselves in power.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Did we talk about Perry's Social Security == Ponzi scheme in this thread yet?

Interesting. A graph that doesn't show what its creator claims... because it doesn't show Romney outdoing McCain, although it does show Obambi doing worse against Romney than McCain. There's a surprise.

I think you post these things to mess with my eyesight, BD. I had to look at this a few times to gather up all of its idiocy.

I'm looking forward to the Biden vs. Rubio debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    Interesting. A graph that doesn't show what its creator claims... because it doesn't show Romney outdoing McCain, although it does show Obambi doing worse against Romney than McCain. There's a surprise.

I think you post these things to mess with my eyesight, BD. I had to look at this a few times to gather up all of its idiocy.

It's the difference that matters Dutch. Romney is within 4 points. McCain was within 7. Romney is the only one closer than 7.

Nothing wrong with your eyesight

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    I'm going to break out my BD glass ball. If Romney wins the nomination, Tim Pawlenty will be his running mate.

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    Ron Paul. Living proof that there aren't any honest men in Washington. The fact that he's right seems lost on everyone. Need proof? When was the last time that Canada was attacked by middle easterners that "hated them for their freedoms?"

When was the last time Canada was the mightiest country on earth.

When was the last time Canada was the keeper of freedoms gates.

Ron Paul is Insane

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    When was the last time Canada was the mightiest country on earth.

When was the last time Canada was the keeper of freedoms gates.

They don't need to bother with any of that war stuff when the US has made such a big business out of sacrificing our sons and daughters protecting other countries. PS, we're not the keeper of freedom's gates. The UN is, we do whatever they tell us to.

Latest results are in... The Nevada House seat remains Republican, congratulations Representative Amodei.

But the real good news:

The Wiener seat went to Turner, the Republican. In a district that's gone to a Democrat since 1929, or something like that. Thank you, Obambi.

The spin on this one's gonna be great...

"It doesn't matter."
    "It won't be a district for long."
    "Its not a reflection on the president."

I saw some libs discussing it on Twitter. Apparently they're playing the "Republicans and their diebold voting machines fixed the election" card.

I love how the youth of today thinks that Republicans are the crooked party. I mean, who can forget the "vote early, vote often" mantra of the Chicago Democratic Machine (the same that produced our beloved President).

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    They don't need to bother with any of that war stuff when the US has made such a big business out of sacrificing our sons and daughters protecting other countries. PS, we're not the keeper of freedom's gates. The UN is, we do whatever they tell us to.

I guess you’re right this country and the free world is no longer worth the loss and the sacrifice.