Page 61 of 336 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast

Re: The 2012 Election Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gaming Again View Post
    Policy is forged, voted on and made in the House of Representatives. And the tea party noobs are controlling the gop. Of that there is no rebuttal possible.

The House and its actions will sway the voting public when its time to vote. Whether that be in a primary or a general election. With todays technology the public is becoming more aware of who voted for what.
    Sorry, even in the House, the Tea party is a minority. Also, the public, for the most part, is completely ignorant of who voted for what.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bk94si View Post
    Sorry, even in the House, the Tea party is a minority. Also, the public, for the most part, is completely ignorant of who voted for what.
    Show me where I stated the tea party WAS the majority!

I'm well aware of the breakdown numbers. Its just that most of the GOP in there are sackless and let the few extremists dictate policy. They are too afraid to speak up. In a general election a tea party candidate is toast. A moderate candidate BEATS Obama, another extremist from the right gets crushed.

More people are affected by this crap economy then in recent years and they ARE paying attention.

Policy is forged, voted on and made in the House of Representatives. And the tea party noobs are controlling the gop. Of that there is no rebuttal possible.

The House and its actions will sway the voting public when its time to vote. Whether that be in a primary or a general election. With todays technology the public is becoming more aware of who voted for what.
    L

I think you're way off talking about the noobs and their power. The fact is the RINO leadership is still running the show. If you look closely at the results of debt debate and settlement the leadership in both parties got exactly what they wanted... I can still hear the can clanking down the road.

If you're talking about extreme in the republican you need to take a good look again. The extreme is the same old leadership doing the same old crap they've been doing ever since Reagan left office.

^^^^

Exactly, the RINOs have much more influence than the Tea Party.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    L

The extreme is the same old leadership doing the same old crap they've been doing ever since Reagan left office.
    Hmmm......"W" was fairly moderate as a Republican but Cheney? Cheney was hardcore right and he called the shots behind the scenes.

Obama is hardcore left, he HAD to fund the military and make decisions he doesn't even support if he wants to get re elected......

IMO, there hasn't been a MODERATE in office calling the shots since "W's" father was president.......

Moderation is whats needed...........extremism either way just pisses off half the population. GRIDLOCK forever.

Huntsman is the answer, any other prez in 2012 and the country continues its downward spiral. Romney is moderate but he has little experience in foreign affairs and he has no balls at all.
    Last edited by Gaming Again; 09-23-2011 at 04:29 PM.

Hmmm......"W" was fairly moderate as a Republican but Cheney? Cheney was hardcore right and he called the shots behind the scenes.
    yeah, that's how we wound up with no child left behind and prescription drug coverage? Cheney told him to do that.
    Brian

Do you have any proof of this? Any proof at all? Any memoirs from a White house staffer? Any anonymous reports published by the Washington Post?
    Last edited by Keven; 09-23-2011 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Do you have any proof of this? Any proof at all? Any memoirs from a White house staffer? Any anonymous reports published by the Washington Post?

Do you, or anybody else posting in this thread or forum, have access to White House staff?

wtf kind of comment is this?

you and the hardcore conservatives resort to lunacy in response to common sense as its what you know I guess.

Do you, or anybody else posting in this thread or forum, have access to White House staff?

you and the hardcore conservatives resort to lunacy in response to common sense as its what you know I guess.
    When throwing accusations, it helps to have actual proof.
    Brian

WTF are you talking about. Did you have inside access to support your belief Cheney called all the shots?

If you take the time to read Cheney's book there were many times he didn't get his way.

Welcome to the TLR pot calls kettle black club.

Huntsman is a so-called conservative that meets Obambi specifications… Welcome aboard Mr. Ambassador.

I wonder if he paid his 500 thousand dollar bundlers ambassador fee.
    Last edited by tucker; 09-23-2011 at 10:09 PM.

No, which I why I asked for you to provide a link to a book or Washington Post article that supported your viewpoint. Both the memoirs of Bush and Cheney make it clear that Bush was in charge. Bush says in his book that Cheney wanted Bush to give Scooter Libby a full pardon, and Bush just communed his prison sentence, leaving the felony on his record and the $250,000 fine. Bush says Cheney was so pissed, he didn't talk to him for the remainder of his term in office. Does that sound like Cheney is running the shots if Libby didn't get a pardon?

This isn't the corner barber shop where we jaw about politics. This is TLR. You're going to get hard on your posts and asked to back up your statements with facts (see AMDScooter and otoc exchanging links and graphics ad nauseum). If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.

I'm probably the most moderate conservative of our TLR regulars here (I prefer the term pragmatic though). And I asked to provide anything proving your point, not exactly an outrageous request.

In a general election a tea party candidate is toast. A moderate candidate BEATS Obama, another extremist from the right gets crushed.
    Yeah, there's no way a Tea Party candidate can win a general election. Like when Tea Party-friendly Marco Rubio beat the Democratic candidate and moderate Republican Charlie Crist in the statewide election in Florida. Or where Tea Party-endorsed candidate Ron Johnson beat incumbent US Senator Russ Feingold in Wisconsin. I mean, Tea Party candidates can only win in US House elections, not states with big populations like Wisconsin and Florida.
    Last edited by Keven; 09-23-2011 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    No, which I why I asked for you to provide a link to a book or Washington Post article that supported your viewpoint. Both the memoirs of Bush and Cheney make it clear that Bush was in charge. Bush says in his book that Cheney wanted Bush to give Scooter Libby a full pardon, and Bush just communed his prison sentence, leaving the felony on his record and the $250,000 fine. Bush says Cheney was so pissed, he didn't talk to him for the remainder of his term in office. Does that sound like Cheney is running the shots if Libby didn't get a pardon?

This isn't the corner barber shop where we jaw about politics. This is TLR. You're going to get hard on your posts and asked to back up your statements with facts (see AMDScooter and otoc exchanging links and graphics ad nauseum). If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.

I'm probably the most moderate conservative of our TLR regulars here (I prefer the term pragmatic though). And I asked to provide anything proving your point, not exactly an outrageous request.

Yeah, there's no way a Tea Party candidate can win a general election. Like when Tea Party-friendly Marco Rubio beat the Democratic candidate and moderate Republican Charlie Crist in the statewide election in Florida. Or where Tea Party-endorsed candidate Ron Johnson beat incumbent US Senator Russ Feingold in Wisconsin. I mean, Tea Party candidates can only win in US House elections, not states with big populations like Wisconsin and Florida.
    In a redneck state like Florida a tea partyist is the favorite.

In a national election a tea party candidate will catch a beatdown from a lefty.

In Wisconsin? Who cares? LOL< large population my ass....

come to NYC, if u want density.....farmer

Links to biased sites is automatic credibility?

You tea party nuts are too fekkin much. Bitch about gov't and have no answers to resolve problems yourselves. Tax cuts for millionaires and the gov't has no revenues to bail out your states from disaster, because of the tax cuts you nuts want for millionaires.

Tea partyist= wimpy whiner

You really need to work on your debate skills as you currently have none.
    Brian

In a redneck state like Florida a tea partyist is the favorite.

In a national election a tea party candidate will catch a beatdown from a lefty.

In Wisconsin? Who cares? LOL< large population my ass....

come to NYC, if u want density.....farmer
    Links to biased sites is automatic credibility?

You tea party nuts are too fekkin much. Bitch about gov't and have no answers to resolve problems yourselves. Tax cuts for millionaires and the gov't has no revenues to bail out your states from disaster, because of the tax cuts you nuts want for millionaires.

Tea partyist= wimpy whiner
    Are you autistic?