Page 62 of 336 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast
Results 916 to 930 of 5035
  1. #916
    Joined
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Oregon
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,499

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Thank you for admitting that Paul Ryan is the ideological leader of the party.
    Ha! I've known he's been the ideological leader of your party for awhile now. He's the only republican who can get on TV and give a speech without projectile-shitting out of his mouth. If his policy ideology weren't so bass-ackward I'd like him a lot.

    Hm? Didn't see anything in the debate that would draw me to that conclusion.
    Just watch my friend:

    http://nation.foxnews.com/2012-presi...-attack-romney

    Now tell me this. Conservatives around here never really come out and say it but there is always some level of disgust they feel with how Bush ran things. So tell me honestly, after watching that clip....or any other clip of the gubbernor from Texas....that he is not GWB all over again....only worse.

    Then read this, posted previously but worth re-mentioning because I think it is spot on given the atmosphere surrounding these debates (I give my usual warning for conservatives here that is from kos):

    The Republican Debate: Rick Perry may be the candidate the GOP has been looking for

    It goes down like this...the only two guys with a shot at this moment are Romney and Perry. Each of them have some tremendous skeletons in the closet that do some serious harm to the image they are trying to project to us today. Romney the job creator? Perry the anti-stimulus crusader? You get my drift.

    The only guy who is good at doing the presidential thing is Romney. He pwned Perry in that debate. And he will continue to do so because Perry is weak on EVERYTHING he talks about. Could you imagine him in a debate with Obama right now? It would be frightening. Romney? Romney would at least hold his own and might even be a favorite.
    Last edited by BlackDragon24; 09-24-2011 at 01:26 PM.

  2. #917
    Joined
    Aug 2003
    Location
    West Richland, WA
    Posts
    6,397

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon24 View Post
    Now tell me this. Conservatives around here never really come out and say it but there is always some level of disgust they feel with how Bush ran things.
    Where have you been? Particularly in his second term?
    Brian

  3. #918
    Joined
    Mar 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    24,210

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bk94si View Post
    Where have you been? Particularly in his second term?
    The selective memory is funny isn't it? Libs only seem to remember the points.. well.. that they want. They will trot out the "two wars" bit pretty frequently... hoping we'll forget both parties voted overwhelmingly to authorize both. Prescription drugs.. we were not big fans of that either. Immigration reform.. there's a thread here for that showing we were not real hot for it. GWB's "stimulus".. the same.. a conservative chorus against it.

    Know what I'd like to see? Anything similar from libberals in regard to Bamma's policies. Have libs here launched threads condemning the SCOAMF™ like conservatives did with GWB? Not that I can see. Of course.. that's because they clearly have no issues with their party leader. Apparently the only issue most libs here have is that the SCOAMF™ is he's too conservative. Or that he's not tough enough on the republicans because all of his political failures like the economy, unemployment, foreign policy, energy policy, etc., are actually the repuggies fault. Even though the (D)'s had full control of the gubberment for Bamma's first 2 years. I could go on at length.. but I'm sure many get my point

    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."


    -The Gipper


  4. #919
    Joined
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Oregon
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,499

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    Apparently the only issue most libs here have is that the SCOAMF™ is he's too conservative.
    Actually you are spot on with that assessment. I think his biggest mistake was not ramming through more legislation ALA Bill Clinton when he had majorities of both houses of congress. He sat back and let the Senate filibuster everything he wanted to do because he was afraid of pissing off Joe Lieberman or something ridiculous. So instead of playing hardball he sought bi-partisanship, and we all see how well that worked out. Now we have gridlocked government.

    I'll tell you this Scoot. You already know it. But it bears repeating and it will save you a whole bunch of tying and me a whole bunch of reading. If you KNOW that liberals ONLY dislike Obama because he is TOO conservative, then you KNOW why liberals aren't starting the threads you are talking about. Cuz they don't like him for completely different reasons than you do. But they still like him better than the other guys.

    It would be comical to see actually, what a response would be to a thread title like "The stimulus wasn't big enough....Obama failed" from me or any other liberal. "Well you are half right..."

    So I won't waste my time typing it, you won't waste your time reading it and we are all winners.

    I invoked "He Who Shall Not Be Named" because I do really believe that you guys have problems with how GWB handled a lot of things. You guys don't come outright and say it most of the time, but you can tell that there is some underlying hostility towards some of the things he did. Now maybe the things I hated about GWB are different than the things than you hated about GWB, but when I look at Rick Perry, I see a meaner stupider version of GWB. And the tea party loves him. So I'm having a hard time reconciling what I hear in here from you guys about GWB, and the love for Rick Perry that the tea party seems to be showing for him.

    It's why I posted the Kos article.... cuz it seems to me that if the tea party folk are critical of GWB, then it doesn't make sense for Rick Perry to be there candidate.

    My $.02

  5. #920
    Joined
    Aug 2003
    Location
    West Richland, WA
    Posts
    6,397

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    I wasn't aware that Perry was a Tea Party candidate????
    Brian

  6. #921
    Joined
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    5,755

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    ^^^ he isn't

  7. #922
    Joined
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Oregon
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,499

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Between he and romney he is the tea party candidate.

  8. #923
    Joined
    Nov 2001
    Location
    E n g l a n d
    Posts
    10,979

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Romney appears to be the bookies favorite. He does look like a politician from central casting though.

  9. #924
    Joined
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Oregon
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,499

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    I dunno what it really means but the headline certainly makes me look good

    Cain upsets Perry as winner of Florida straw poll

  10. #925
    Joined
    Aug 2003
    Location
    West Richland, WA
    Posts
    6,397

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon24 View Post
    I dunno what it really means but the headline certainly makes me look good

    Cain upsets Perry as winner of Florida straw poll
    What?!? How can that be? I thought Republicans are racists.
    Brian

  11. #926
    Joined
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    8,132

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon24 View Post
    I dunno what it really means but the headline certainly makes me look good

    Cain upsets Perry as winner of Florida straw poll
    It's just another sign of how fractured the GOP has become in spite of the lockstep they try to run in the House. Cain is todays version of Ross Perot, a simple message that's based on common sense with his 9, 9, 9 plan. As with Ross, all he'll do is be a player on the electoral side of things. The interesting point was how Mitt is only #3 in that small poll with Perry still in the running. Nice to see the voters aren't playing into the race bait issue though. Good for them.

  12. #927
    Joined
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Oregon
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,499

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    It's just another sign of how fractured the GOP has become in spite of the lockstep they try to run in the House. Cain is todays version of Ross Perot, a simple message that's based on common sense with his 9, 9, 9 plan. As with Ross, all he'll do is be a player on the electoral side of things. The interesting point was how Mitt is only #3 in that small poll with Perry still in the running. Nice to see the voters aren't playing into the race bait issue though. Good for them.
    It was mentioned earlier that Rick Perry isn't a tea party candidate. I suggested that between he and Romney, he most definitely is the tea party candidate. Herman Cain however, is a much bigger tea party favorite and I would imagine it shows here in this poll. The tea partiers are going to be the ones showing all the enthusiasm this far out from the election, me thinks.

    I'll have to look back at the straw poll and figure out how it was conducted....if its anything like the one Michelle Bachmann won awhile back its probably meaningless....I can't remember the state but I do remember that you had to pay money for a ballot and that Bachmann bought a bunch of ballots and handed them out to people. Democracy in action. If that's the way these straw polls work then they are meaningless and should be abolished on both sides.

    But yeah I agree...fractured GOP, Ross Perot, etc.

  13. #928
    Joined
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    8,132

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon24 View Post
    It was mentioned earlier that Rick Perry isn't a tea party candidate. I suggested that between he and Romney, he most definitely is the tea party candidate. Herman Cain however, is a much bigger tea party favorite and I would imagine it shows here in this poll. The tea partiers are going to be the ones showing all the enthusiasm this far out from the election, me thinks.

    I'll have to look back at the straw poll and figure out how it was conducted....if its anything like the one Michelle Bachmann won awhile back its probably meaningless....I can't remember the state but I do remember that you had to pay money for a ballot and that Bachmann bought a bunch of ballots and handed them out to people. Democracy in action. If that's the way these straw polls work then they are meaningless and should be abolished on both sides.

    But yeah I agree...fractured GOP, Ross Perot, etc.
    To your point, Michigan straw poll results...
    Mitt Romney wins Michigan straw poll, Rick Perry a distant second

  14. #929
    Joined
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Oregon
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,499

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    To your point, Michigan straw poll results...
    Mitt Romney wins Michigan straw poll, Rick Perry a distant second
    LOL...its like we could write this stuff without even knowing the facts. So predictable.

    I looked back....in Florida they polled "activists" and in Michigan they polled "pragmatics."

  15. #930
    Joined
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    8,132

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon24 View Post
    LOL...its like we could write this stuff without even knowing the facts. So predictable.

    I looked back....in Florida they polled "activists" and in Michigan they polled "pragmatics."
    Sure is at this point. The next part of 42 is how the voters react to the next part of the equation. The one where Obama has given the GOP enough rope to hang themselves over the question of compromize in respect to the economy. Then it'll be a debate between the winner and president. I have a different take on his performance to date than you. I think he had to play that hand before he took the current tact of throwing it in the face of the GOP. They now have a clear choice. Offer a real plan that deals with the economy as well as the debt or play for the coming election next year.

    This is like playing chess with the endgame too far away to call.

    Edit: Gotta love Fox news and their coloration of the news when it comes to Cain. It's like them ignoring Paul.
    Cain No Rodney Dangerfield, but Waiting for Respect After Florida Straw Poll Victory

    Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...#ixzz1Yz5YcmWa
    Then again there's always SNL...
    http://www.hulu.com/watch/282324/sat...ing-gop-debate
    Last edited by otoc; 09-25-2011 at 02:42 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •