View Poll Results: What do you think of "enhanced" pat downs

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, whatever it takes to fly safely

5 17.24%
  • No, it is too intrusive

22 75.86%
  • I don't care. I don't fly commercial anyway.

2 6.90%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: "Enhanced pat downs?

Full body scans. Enhanced pat downs. Long security lines. Of course if you want to ride on the landing gear of the plane no one seems to notice. Now just think for a minute had this been a terrorist with a bomb.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/12/10...est=latestnews

All I know is that the screening and pat-downs are not stopping the flow of drugs and illegal weapons that come through the nations airports every day. Business is still great.

If a terrorist really wanted to do damage, all they need is a suicide bomber inside the busy airport and stand in longest line of the security check point.

Yes, but you know their long standing obsession with aircraft. Those big silver birds their culture couldn't design in a million years.

Because, while blowing up an airport works, there's nothing like blowing up transport to bring the headlines, and aircraft best of all. I assume that the fact that people already hate having to give up control to some stranger scares them enough already. It doesn't work with a coach, because most people think: "I could do that", but an aircraft is way beyond most people, who can't even work out how it stays in the air (and it's a lot more complicated than you were taught in school). Combine that with the complete inability to escape, and it's a newspaper's (and thus terrorist's) wet dream. So Top Trumps is still aircraft, right up until we have public transport spacecraft.

M

Quote Originally Posted by Enmore View Post
    Yes, but you know their long standing obsession with aircraft. Those big silver birds their culture couldn't design in a million years.
    too true!
    Brian

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TRAVEL/04/15...ex.html?hpt=C1

Quote Originally Posted by CNN
    Arrogant complaining about airport security is one indicator Transportation Security Administration officers consider when looking for possible criminals and terrorists, CNN has learned exclusively. And, when combined with other behavioral indicators, it could result in a traveler facing additional scrutiny.......

........But some experts say terrorists are much more likely to avoid confrontations with authorities, saying an al Qaeda training manual instructs members to blend in.
    This article deserves one big fat NO SHIT SHERLOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

As far as I know TSA hasn't nabbed a single terrorist... nada, none...

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    As far as I know TSA hasn't nabbed a single terrorist... nada, none...
    Hey now. There hasn't been a single terrorist attempt by a grandmother or kid under eight since TSA started body searches. TSA has 'em scared.

I think it's entirely uncalled for regardless of who you are. These are clear violations of our privacy rights and the TSA has already proven they cannot be trusted with the X Ray photos among other things.And based on the article I posted above, and groping 6 year old girls, I really don't think these people are capable of any kind of intelligent common sense decision.
    Yet poll after poll shows that Americans largely support the TSA procedures which is yet another example of how little Americans value the constitution, and how poorly Americans understand why the founding fathers believed these rights were so important. Living in a free country is going to have risks, and I'd rather live free and face the danger than sacrifice my rights.

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

I don't fly at all. Had a lot of that in the service and still made it out
    alive. However if I had to go to the airport and knowing this, it'd be
    all about a lot of chili beans and potato salad for chow a few hrs before the
    pat down..

The reigning Miss USA got an aggressive pat down from the TSA. She feels it's too invasive and will be taking up the cause against the TSA and their pat downs.

http://www.susiecastillo.net/blog/20...xperience.html

Looks like Texas is going to try banning the TSA patdowns.

Texas bill would ban patdowns that "touches the anus, sexual organ, buttocks, or breast of another person including through the clothing, or touches the other person in a manner that would be offensive to a reasonable person".

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Looks like Texas is going to try banning the TSA patdowns.

Texas bill would ban patdowns that "touches the anus, sexual organ, buttocks, or breast of another person including through the clothing, or touches the other person in a manner that would be offensive to a reasonable person".
    http://blog.tsa.gov/2011/05/texas-ho...s-seeking.html

TSA apparently doesn't think Texas can tell them what to do.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bk94si View Post
    http://blog.tsa.gov/2011/05/texas-ho...s-seeking.html

TSA apparently doesn't think Texas can tell them what to do.
    LOL. I think Blogger Bob from the TSA is wrong on this.

The Supremacy Clause of the Constitution, I believe, prevents states from passing their own laws that conflict with the Federal Constitution and Federal Laws.

The US Congress did not pass any law authorizing the TSA patdowns. There is no part of the US Code that explicitly says its okay for the TSA to grope little girls. I don't know if a policy, instituted by the TSA without any Congressional mandate is protected under the Supremacy Clause.

I'm not a Constitutional Lawyer. But neither is Blogger Bob. So maybe he should shut the hell up and go back to touching people. People don't like the enhanced patdowns, and Texas is trying to correct the problem by outlawing them in their state.

Every attempted attack that im aware of since 9/11 has been stopped by passengers on the airplane.

The TSA is irrevelant.