View Poll Results: What do you think of "enhanced" pat downs

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, whatever it takes to fly safely

5 17.24%
  • No, it is too intrusive

22 75.86%
  • I don't care. I don't fly commercial anyway.

2 6.90%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Re: "Enhanced pat downs?

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    The best thing to do is dress like an Arab and wear an OBL latex mask.

You’ll go through security completely unnoticed…
    Considering that any Muslim person would probably scream bloody murder and sue the TSA for racial profiling if they were yanked out of security - yeah, you probably would be able to go through security without a hitch.

^^^ The "brain trust" keeping us safe... sleep well America.

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    ^^^ The "brain trust" keeping us safe... sleep well America.

There has to be, uh, some, uh, significance to, uh, the use of the word, uh, "uh" when answering questions that make you uncomfortable or, uh, something.

guy: 1 minute 10 seconds, uttered uh 3x
    nap-ster: 1 minute, uh, 28 seconds uttered uh 32x

she sounded like Paul Sr, and he's a rocket scientist by most yard sticks...(kinda looks like him too)
    TForce TF8200 A2+
    Athlon X2 4850e 45w
    G.Skill 4GB PC2 8000
    74GB Raptor / 640GB WD
    Evga 512MB 9800GT
    My HEAT

Bleedin heart libberals always have a hard time wrapping the "racial profiling" moniker on statistical facts. She's no different. These nimrods are more than happy to let others have their throats slit in the name of political correctness.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

The Transportation Security Agency! A great incorruptible agency!

Palm Beach New Times: TSA Agent Caught With Passenger's iPad in His Pants; Allegedly Took $50,000 in Other Goods, Cops Say

​While most Transportation Security Administration employees are busy groping people or taking naked pictures of them, the cops say one of those employees was putting fliers' electronics down his pants.

The Broward Sheriff's Office says 30-year-old Nelson Santiago stole around $50,000 worth of electronics over the past six months from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport's Terminal 1.

Santiago -- a TSA officer since 2009 -- was caught earlier this week by a Continental Airlines employee taking an iPad out of someone's luggage and stuffing it into his pants, the cops say.

After being arrested Monday on two counts of grand theft, police say Santiago admitted to stealing computers, GPS devices, video cameras, and other electronic merchandise from luggage he was supposed to be screening.

The cops say Santiago would immediately take pictures of his new goods and upload the photos online to sell the stuff.

Santiago would typically sell the stolen goods to people before his shift was even over, police say.

BSO detectives estimate that Santiago's haul totaled $50,000 over the past six months.

[....]
    I'll say it again. This agency needs to be shut down and a new one created. They take anybody with a high school diploma/GED and give them a minimal amount of training and stick them at an airport security checkpoint. They need real professionals and new policies rather than these jokers they have groping nine-year-old girls and 95-year-old ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    The Transportation Security Agency! A great incorruptible agency!

Palm Beach New Times: TSA Agent Caught With Passenger's iPad in His Pants; Allegedly Took $50,000 in Other Goods, Cops Say

I'll say it again. This agency needs to be shut down and a new one created. They take anybody with a high school diploma/GED and give them a minimal amount of training and stick them at an airport security checkpoint. They need real professionals and new policies rather than these jokers they have groping nine-year-old girls and 95-year-old ladies.
    AND... they are all gonna be sporting the union label soon. What could possibly go wrong there?

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    AND... they are all gonna be sporting the union label soon. What could possibly go wrong there?
    Are you serious?

TSA agent mishandles a passenger's urostomy bag and gets piss all over him.

And it's the second time it's happened!

^^^ First.. yecch.

&

Are you serious?
    Dead serious..

American Federation of Government Employees wins TSA union election

-The Gipper

Interesting story here.

Senator Rand Paul, son of TLR's favorite OB-GYN Rep. Ron Paul, was 'detained' by the TSA this past week for allegedly declining to get an enhanced patdown.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0112/71818.html

Some things are interesting about this. Local Republican talk radio here, which hates Ron Paul, said that Rand Paul did this on purpose to draw attention to the TSA security crackdown at airports. I don't agree with that, but there are a few interesting things to note:

- Members of Congress are allowed to fly Space-A on military planes where there is extra space, so Rand Paul didn't have to fly commercial.
    - Members of Congress are issued cards which identify them has members of Congress. Remember Larry Craig tried to use his to get out of being arrested in Minneapolis? When all the TSA hate was going on last year, libs on Twitter were freaking out about John Boehner using his card to get around airport security.

So, what I'm trying to say is that Senator Paul didn't have to fly commercial and go through security. Maybe he wanted to be treated like an everyman, which is okay with me. It's also good that somebody is bringing attention to this issue, still can't believe TSA is still grabbing men's junk, old ladies and little girls.

In case your wondering, the Obama administration said that the TSA followed all the regulations when they 'detained' Senator Paul. I'm sure Obama wishes he could arrest all the Republicans. lol.

Do people find a tailor measuring their inside leg measurement intrusive too?

Interesting story here.

Senator Rand Paul, son of TLR's favorite OB-GYN Rep. Ron Paul, was 'detained' by the TSA this past week for allegedly declining to get an enhanced patdown.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0112/71818.html

Some things are interesting about this. Local Republican talk radio here, which hates Ron Paul, said that Rand Paul did this on purpose to draw attention to the TSA security crackdown at airports. I don't agree with that, but there are a few interesting things to note:

- Members of Congress are allowed to fly Space-A on military planes where there is extra space, so Rand Paul didn't have to fly commercial.
    - Members of Congress are issued cards which identify them has members of Congress. Remember Larry Craig tried to use his to get out of being arrested in Minneapolis? When all the TSA hate was going on last year, libs on Twitter were freaking out about John Boehner using his card to get around airport security.

So, what I'm trying to say is that Senator Paul didn't have to fly commercial and go through security. Maybe he wanted to be treated like an everyman, which is okay with me. It's also good that somebody is bringing attention to this issue, still can't believe TSA is still grabbing men's junk, old ladies and little girls.

In case your wondering, the Obama administration said that the TSA followed all the regulations when they 'detained' Senator Paul. I'm sure Obama wishes he could arrest all the Republicans. lol.

Video Shows Exactly How Full of Shit Rand Paul Was About Being ‘Detained’

And I didn't come up with the name of the link

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon24 View Post
    Hmmm, seems to depend on your definition of detained.

Either way, I still think current airport security is too invasive.

I go by my definition of propaganda.
    Propaganda = "full of shit"

Wisconsin-based conservative blogger Jim Hoft (gatewaypundit.com) captured this video at the Madison, WI regional airport of a woman sobbing during an enhanced pat down.

I like how the TSA morons (who, I'll remind anybody, have less training than a police officer) are apparently unphased by this. Hey, get the cattle through the line and give 'em a squeeze if the metal detector goes off.

This entire enhanced pat down thing came from administrative rule via DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano. Congress passed no law authorizing this sort of behavior and President Obama signed no law authorizing this.

If Obama wanted a little boost in the polls, he would fire Napolitano and stop this horsecrap. He could even be folksy about it if he wanted. Here, I'll help (because I don't know if you've seen any Obama speeches lately but he likes to reuse his material).

Obama: "Now, I some folks out there aren't happy about what we're doing at the airports. I... you may have heard, but my job comes with a company plane. (crowd chuckles) Called Air Force One. Pretty nice perk of the job. (crowd laughs) Well, so I'm not flying with you folks, but uh, I hear some of you are unhappy with the way that TSA people are treating average folks, so, I've asked for Secretary Napolitano to step down and her replacement Secretary so and so is look for new ways-"

Etc.

I'm telling you, this is an easy issue where Obama could win points with moderate Americans because we all hate lines at the airport and we all hate the TSA guy putting his hands on our junk. I guess saying the rich don't pay enough in taxes when the 1% already pays 95% of the tax burden in this country is a better argument.

Why do all the Obama secretaries have jobs? Geithner, Holder, Napolitano, Sebelius? I know I've repeated this point over and over again, but generally, when things go bad, presidents start firing people. Clinton dropped the axe on half the cabinet after the "Republican Revolution" of 1994. Bush fired Rumsfield after the 2006 midterms and when Iraq really went south. Why does our President seem completely out of touch that his administration is going poorly? Even liberals are unhappy with his tenure because he's going moderate on all the wrong issues.