Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Emachine et1352-01 CPU upgrade

I was at microcenter a couple weeks ago thinking about building a PC to play WoW on since i decided to leave my good Phenon PC hooked up to my HDTV.

I was pricing out parts and stuff and ran across a one day special of an E-Machine for $249 ... way cheaper than i could build for w/win 7 included. So i bought it ... popped in a ATI 5570 and some ddr3 ram (4gb total). Also had an extra Rosewill 420w power supply that i replaced the 250 that came with the computer.

The bottleneck of the system is its AMD Athlon™ II Processor 160u low power single core CPU. For everyday stuff i am impressed by the little guy but for WoW its kind iffy at times.

I can't find any info on the motherboard that eMachine uses in the ET1352-01 desktop. It's generic with no identifying numbers that i can see and eMachine's website isn't any help.

I need to know what multi core CPU i can pop in safely. (They sell the 1352 series with an Athlon II Dual Core 240 CPU also). Anyone have any thoughts or know where i can find any info?

Smile Re: Emachine et1352-01 CPU upgrade

I purchased this same pc as well with full intention of upgrading the cpu. Couldn't beat the price for a complete system.

I've run into the same problem however. No information anywhere. I talked to a tech guy on emachines website and he was able to get me a little info, but not as much I would have liked. He did say this though:

The Processors that are bundled with the ET1352 desktop series are
    -AMD Phenom™ II X3
    -AMD Athlon™ II X3
    -AMD Athlon™ II X2
    -AMD Athlon™ II
    -AMD Sempron

So I would safely assume that you could at least get the Phenom 2 x3 in there (that's my hope anyway). I have also heard that the 160u while single core out of the box it is suppose to have a second dormant core that can be unlock (haven't tried yet though - its still in the box as a gift).

Here is the motherboard info he gave me, its just a generic Acer mother board (from searches it seemed to give me back laptop motherboard replacements, so not sure what that is all about).

The Motherboard installed in your computer is MB.NBU01.001 MB KIT ET1352 NVIDIA MCP61P REALTEK RTL8211CL W/O 1394 LF.

Hope some of this helps you.

Please, if you get any additional info or find a processor that works well, let me know!

Re: Emachine et1352-01 CPU upgrade

thanks for sharing

the Phenom X3e series are 65watt CPUs ... all the AMD II CPUs labeled with "e" are low watt so i will keep it 65 watt or under to be safe ... thanx

the system runs great once all the Norton crap is removed ... then again i gave it extra RAM and a good video card.

i have sent an email to emachines to ask them ... they replied asking me for specific serial number and what country i bought it in. waiting for their reply to my reply now

low powered AMD chips are way more expensive than i thought ... a 65watt quad core athlon is $140 which is INSANE.

emachines refused to anwser my question because i didn't register the system ... so i just registered it ... waiting for answer ... their email responses have been very quick.

emachine just emailed me back and informed me my system is registered and under warranty ... whoo hoo/who cares.

they informed they don't let customers upgrade the systems and they wouldn't answer my question.

this is why people don't buy emachine computers.

guess i'll just do a basic AMD athlon II X2 65watt and hope my computer doesn't explode ... really wanted a quad

if you haven't already, add a fan in the rear exhaust. also add some heatsinks to the mosfets on left side of the cpu.

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/memandvidcar.html

ud

wow ... i have moderator spam

anyways .... after emachine told me they won't answer my question they tried to sell me a $200 support package.

$200

the mosfets are what blow when you add a cpu that pulls too many watts for their rating.

ud

$14 bucks for the forged copper ones that Swiftech branded ones go 18 for and short ones as well for under the gpu water block outlets

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Quote Originally Posted by darthgault View Post
    I was at microcenter a couple weeks ago thinking about building a PC to play WoW on since i decided to leave my good Phenon PC hooked up to my HDTV.

I was pricing out parts and stuff and ran across a one day special of an E-Machine for $249 ... way cheaper than i could build for w/win 7 included. So i bought it ... popped in a ATI 5570 and some ddr3 ram (4gb total). Also had an extra Rosewill 420w power supply that i replaced the 250 that came with the computer.

The bottleneck of the system is its AMD Athlon™ II Processor 160u low power single core CPU. For everyday stuff i am impressed by the little guy but for WoW its kind iffy at times.

I can't find any info on the motherboard that eMachine uses in the ET1352-01 desktop. It's generic with no identifying numbers that i can see and eMachine's website isn't any help.

I need to know what multi core CPU i can pop in safely. (They sell the 1352 series with an Athlon II Dual Core 240 CPU also). Anyone have any thoughts or know where i can find any info?
    do you know what brand psu came with the emachine rig...just curious?
    #1-i5-3570k -asus sabertooth p67- msi r9-270x
    #2-amd phenom II x6 1100T-asus M5A97-evga gtx 470
    #3-amd phenom II x2 560 (4 cores enabled) -BIOSTAR TA880GB -evga gtx 260
    #4-amd fx-6300- GA-990FXA-UD3-gigabyte gtx-660 oconboard graphics
    #5-dell inspiron 1520-8600 gt

Quote Originally Posted by TheGlasMan View Post
    $14 bucks for the forged copper ones that Swiftech branded ones go 18 for and short ones as well for under the gpu water block outlets

ud

Don't know if I'm to late to reply to this thread, but here goes.

Give this address a look. It appears to be the 'Builders specs' for the emachine ET1350.

http://www.mk-electronic.at/Herstell...nes/ET1350.pdf

It gives a list of processors that can be installed into this unit/mobo.

Quote Originally Posted by tacodog01 View Post
    Don't know if I'm to late to reply to this thread, but here goes.

Give this address a look. It appears to be the 'Builders specs' for the emachine ET1350.

http://www.mk-electronic.at/Herstell...nes/ET1350.pdf

It gives a list of processors that can be installed into this unit/mobo.
    Very nice link.

I noticed there are two motherboards listed for the ET1350 which makes me wonder if all the listed processors can be used on both motherboards or only some and what is different about the two motherboards.

The Phenom™ II X3 705e would be a nice upgrade for the ET1352-01 if the motherboard can take it. The Athlon™ II X2 260u should work and if you can find anyone that has it in stock. For some reason nobody I know of stocks any of the low voltage AMD processors.

The difference is logo (logo(y)), or no logo (logo(n)).

The processor is discontinued (705e and the other tri cores) my thinking is that any 65 watt or less AMD am2 or 3 cpu will work fine

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...e=&srchInDesc=

Check pricewatch.com , they list some e's as available, buyer beware etc (I've never had trouble with their listers, but there are a whole lot of em)
    Last edited by TheGlasMan; 03-02-2011 at 04:41 PM.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)