Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Emachine et1352-01 CPU upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by TheGlasMan View Post
    The difference is logo (logo(y)), or no logo (logo(n)).

The processor is discontinued (705e and the other tri cores) my thinking is that any 65 watt or less AMD am2 or 3 cpu will work fine

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...e=&srchInDesc=

Check pricewatch.com , they list some e's as available, buyer beware etc (I've never had trouble with their listers, but there are a whole lot of em)
    Thanks again for the information. I bought the AMD X2 255 and installed it two days ago and it works great! I am very happy with the upgrade.

Hello, My story on the eMachine is like yours. A friend closed his computer store and I got the ET1352 brand new for $150.00 He also threw in a Samsung 730B monitor. I ran into the same CPU thing you all have the "WTH" is this Athlon II 160u and what upgrades it. OK, my husband went to the base and hooked up with the military computer geeks. Emachine support is NO help. They tore the machine down and here is what we have. The main board is a generic ASUS MA061L-D3 uATX with a AM2 socket. The weird CPU is a 240 pin and not a 938 pin.
    We have done the same mods such as 4 gig of DDR3, A 500 Watt power supply, added another 500 gig HD and a second burner that out shines the issue one. Today I'll go to NewEgg and get a video card. But, what AMD cpu will work in this Frankenstein? It's my machine as my hubby has his own. He likes to see how many pixels he can add to Lara Crofts "form". That takes horsepower. His machine is a powerhouse. It's also his. So, can someone help me on what AMD cpu will work in this patchwork ASUS AM2 socket board? The OS is Win 7 64 bit and my hubby found a new BIOS flash that he will do today. I would like to get a 3 gig CPU to work in here if I can. The date if manufacture was June 2010 so the AM2 CPU socket is a mystery. Help

Hello, My story on the eMachine is like yours. A friend closed his computer store and I got the ET1352 brand new for $150.00 He also threw in a Samsung 730B monitor. I ran into the same CPU thing you all have the "WTH" is this Athlon II 160u and what upgrades it. OK, my husband went to the base and hooked up with the military computer geeks. Emachine support is NO help. They tore the machine down and here is what we have. The main board is a generic ASUS MA061L-D3 uATX with a AM2 socket. The weird CPU is a 240 pin and not a 938 pin.
    We have done the same mods such as 4 gig of DDR3, A 500 Watt power supply, added another 500 gig HD and a second burner that out shines the issue one. Today I'll go to NewEgg and get a video card. But, what AMD cpu will work in this Frankenstein? It's my machine as my hubby has his own. He likes to see how many pixels he can add to Lara Crofts "form". That takes horsepower. His machine is a powerhouse. It's also his. So, can someone help me on what AMD cpu will work in this patchwork ASUS AM2 socket board? The OS is Win 7 64 bit and my hubby found a new BIOS flash that he will do today. I would like to get a 3 gig CPU to work in here if I can. The date if manufacture was June 2010 so the AM2 CPU socket is a mystery. Help
    Have A Great Day!

here's what you have. http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K10/AM...0UEAK13GQ.html

gm has a link to what you can use.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGlasMan View Post
    The difference is logo (logo(y)), or no logo (logo(n)).

The processor is discontinued (705e and the other tri cores) my thinking is that any 65 watt or less AMD am2 or 3 cpu will work fine

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...e=&srchInDesc=

Check pricewatch.com , they list some e's as available, buyer beware etc (I've never had trouble with their listers, but there are a whole lot of em)

ud

I have one of these machines and it will take a quad-core AM3 CPU with no issues, just be sure to upgrade the PSU. I haven't tried putting a 6-core in it. You can also put 8GB of RAM in the machine no problem even though the specs say it only supports 4GB.

Glad i found this forum, i got one of these coming on thursday for my other half so i get my computer back to my self, glad it can be upgrade as i will be doing it in the future

Hi, seems you guys are the only group of people on the internet that have tried to upgrade this thing, so I figured you might have an answer to my problem.

I recently got a free ET1352-01 with the Athlon II 160u and decided to upgrade it to a quad core Athlon II X4 905e with a 450W Antec PSU which works perfectly, upgraded RAM to 4GB, and upgraded to an old 7800GT that was lying around over the integrated graphics.

The problem I've run into however has me completely at a loss. No matter what 3D game I try to run, it always crashes instantly with a kernelbase.dll error. I've reinstalled W7 over 3 times now, with the same disc I use for all my other PCs. I even redownloaded the ISO from MS and burned a new disc, which didn't make any difference. I reinstalled another desktop I had laying around and my games worked fine on it, so it's not Windows. I had all drivers fully updated each time as well.

Then I turned to the hardware. I first tried using just the integrated graphics, but it crashes all the same. I tried switching back to the original single core 160u, same results. I tried the DDR3 from my other computers that run flawlessly, same results. The only thing I have not done at this point is replace the motherboard, which pretty much defeats the purpose of upgrading, and would render the case unusable as well since the power button and indicator lights are integrated into one plug.

Have any of you run into this issue as well? Are there any solutions? If you have any ideas, please share, because I've completely run out of them at this point. It's not especially urgent as this will primarily be an HTPC, but it would be nice if it could run a game or two. That and it's an itch and I need to scratch it. I'm having difficulty accepting that it's the motherboard that's causing this issue, but if you guys can confirm it, then I'll just have to deal with it.

TL;DR: All 3D games crash instanly with a kernelbase.dll error. Please help.
    Last edited by Kerii; 08-24-2012 at 03:17 AM.

Hello, The reason your emachines keeps crashing when playing 3D games is because your power supply is only 450 watts. You need to upgrade your power supply to at least 600 watts to run your computer without any blue screens or error memory dumps. The higher the watts on the power supply the better.

Your power supply isn't putting off enough watts to the graphics card so it crashes.

Hope this helps you. If you need any other help please let me know.

I bought an eMAchine 1352-01e slimline model a few months ago. The problems a lot of you are having now , well , I've been there.
    Here is some data I've garnered , sharing it here may save some people a few headaches hopefully.

first , a pic of what "we" have http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=EL1352-01E-FB-R

next , here is the Motherboard ""American Megatrends, Inc. P01-A1 01""( MOBO ) and specs. you'll notice there is a list of compatible CPUs here as well ; http://www.findlaptopdriver.com/emac...352-07e-specs/

Here is a thread at Tom's Hardware discussing cpu upgrade potential http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/35...rade-potential

Here is a link to the best/fastest cpu that will fit the eMachine MOBO ( might be better deals elsewhere , but there is lots of info here ) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...D=ywubbcmgqzgh

For information regarding everything in your system I suggest running Belarc. it's free with NO strings attached for a change. http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html
    It's 4 1/2 starts rated by CNET.

The Propus benchmark score - http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?...hlon+II+X4+640

Now beware , there are higher up propus models , take note they have a higher TDP . the best our MOBO can handle is the 95 watt.

My system info as of today ..
    I have the same mobo and cpu it came with (Athlon II x2 215)
    So far I have replaced the PSU ( make sure you get one with multiple connector types ) with a 750Watt
    I then added a Graphics card Nvidia 550Ti.
    Now to do this I hade to gut my eMachine and put everything into an old tower. There is not a GPU on Earth that will fit in that slimline. They put the board in upside down so that the PCI-e slot is at the very top of the case just a hair from the metal upper plate.
    Also note , getting the card to fit was a very close thing even after swapping the guts. Some power leads and such make things pretty cramped on the board , but it DOES work.

I use my machine for games a lot , heres my list..
    Battlefield 3 , playable currenlty but I lag on anything higher than a "mediocre medium" setting. ( that game wants a quad core )

Skyrim I play on ultra
    World of tanks I play on highest but unchecked the uber water and tracks in the dirst effects , and run that at 28 FPS
    EVE online I can run at max with few issues.

So , upgrading to the Propus would certainly be a big step up.

More bad news - If you decide to swap the mobo so you can get a meaner CPU be warned.. you will not be able to use your current operating system. Your OS came built in so to speak. When you turn on your eMachine it "pings" a chip that is cold soldered onto the MOBO called an EEPROM for a code. If it doesn;t get that code , you won't be getting into windows.
    So , you're going to have to talk to Microsift and kiss serious butt to get a "freebee" code ( can happen at times but don;t bet on it )
    Don't bother asking E-fail_machines.
    Or just suck it up and buy a new copy of windows ( save a few bucks using Ebay just be careful and read the fine print )

Lastly , my advice , if someone wants to upgrade cheaply and with all the bang for their buck they can get ...
    Get the new mobo and cpu a long with a new OS ( however you choose to do that one ) ..
    I highly recommend the Phenom II x4 965 Black edition along with a decent motherboard. the CPU you can get for less than a hundred bucks , and a rock solid MOBO for well under that. ( get one that is AM3+ so you can upgrade for years to come , they are backwards compatible all the way down to the Semprons )

I hope this will help someone.

I bought an eMAchine 1352-01e slimline model a few months ago. The problems a lot of you are having now , well , I've been there.
    Here is some data I've garnered , sharing it here may save some people a few headaches hopefully.

first , a pic of what "we" have http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=EL1352-01E-FB-R

next , here is the Motherboard ""American Megatrends, Inc. P01-A1 01""( MOBO ) and specs. you'll notice there is a list of compatible CPUs here as well ; http://www.findlaptopdriver.com/emac...352-07e-specs/

Here is a thread at Tom's Hardware discussing cpu upgrade potential http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/35...rade-potential

Here is a link to the best/fastest cpu that will fit the eMachine MOBO ( might be better deals elsewhere , but there is lots of info here ) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...D=ywubbcmgqzgh

For information regarding everything in your system I suggest running Belarc. it's free with NO strings attached for a change. http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html
    It's 4 1/2 starts rated by CNET.

The Propus benchmark score - http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?...hlon+II+X4+640

Now beware , there are higher up propus models , take note they have a higher TDP . the best our MOBO can handle is the 95 watt.

My system info as of today ..
    I have the same mobo and cpu it came with (Athlon II x2 215)
    So far I have replaced the PSU ( make sure you get one with multiple connector types ) with a 750Watt
    I then added a Graphics card Nvidia 550Ti.
    Now to do this I hade to gut my eMachine and put everything into an old tower. There is not a GPU on Earth that will fit in that slimline. They put the board in upside down so that the PCI-e slot is at the very top of the case just a hair from the metal upper plate.
    Also note , getting the card to fit was a very close thing even after swapping the guts. Some power leads and such make things pretty cramped on the board , but it DOES work.

I use my machine for games a lot , heres my list..
    Battlefield 3 , playable currenlty but I lag on anything higher than a "mediocre medium" setting. ( that game wants a quad core )

Skyrim I play on ultra
    World of tanks I play on highest but unchecked the uber water and tracks in the dirst effects , and run that at 28 FPS
    EVE online I can run at max with few issues.

So , upgrading to the Propus would certainly be a big step up.

More bad news - If you decide to swap the mobo so you can get a meaner CPU be warned.. you will not be able to use your current operating system. Your OS came built in so to speak. When you turn on your eMachine it "pings" a chip that is cold soldered onto the MOBO called an EEPROM for a code. If it doesn;t get that code , you won't be getting into windows.
    So , you're going to have to talk to Microsift and kiss serious butt to get a "freebee" code ( can happen at times but don;t bet on it )
    Don't bother asking E-fail_machines.
    Or just suck it up and buy a new copy of windows ( save a few bucks using Ebay just be careful and read the fine print )

Lastly , my advice , if someone wants to upgrade cheaply and with all the bang for their buck they can get ...
    Get the new mobo and cpu a long with a new OS ( however you choose to do that one ) ..
    I highly recommend the Phenom II x4 965 Black edition along with a decent motherboard. the CPU you can get for less than a hundred bucks , and a rock solid MOBO for well under that. ( get one that is AM3+ so you can upgrade for years to come , they are backwards compatible all the way down to the Semprons )

I hope this will help someone.

It's really easy to upgrade the emachine ET1352-01. Here's what I did, I got the Phenom IIx4 840 processor installed on the motherboard. I upgraded the PSU(power supply unit) to 500W coolermaster. I upgraded the graphics card to Gigabyte GT630. I pluged the computer back on and everything worked flawlessly. I also added 4GB more of ram to the memory with atotal of 6GB. The motherboard will take 8GB of ram easily. You can also use any kind of Amd processor that supports AM3 motherboard. Also I'm using the stock heat sink/fan that came with the original processor Athlon 160u. If anybody has any question? feel free to contact me.

For those of you who upgraded RAM, which manufacturer did you use? I am looking to boost the 2GB this has with 2-4GB more by populating the open DIMM slots. Any particular modules work (or not work?)