Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: TES V: Skyrim

TES V: Skyrim

The latest TES game has started the countdown. Launch down for next year. I'm not sure (and neither is anyone else) if that way of rendering 6 is a clue. But it looks like it has dragons...

Site seems to be taking a bit of beating though - can't think why! I gather it will be a new engine, not the old Oblivion/Fallout3 one.

Edit: title change to the correct name for the game!

M
    Last edited by Meridian; 11-16-2011 at 05:16 PM.

Re: TES II.II.II : Skyrim

geez, so many good games coming out late in 2011! I'm gonna have to save up some serious cash.

TES:V and ME3 are my big targets

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

TES: VI that would be - V was Oblivion... Didn't you do Roman numerals in school?

M

Quote Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
    TES: VI that would be - V was Oblivion... Didn't you do Roman numerals in school?

M
    check your facts, oblivion was IV... morrowind was III

Trust me, I do science

Bweheheheh, mod got corrected.

I hope they really push PCs as a platform. I don't think I'm going to spring for another console port at launch. Better not have an online requirement either.
    My heatware

All students need to check out www.dreamspark.com

Proudly NOT a console or subscription/micropayment gamer.

Indeed, it is TES V: Skyrim.
    The II.II.II is seen in the video at the end when the word SKYRIM turns to a profile.
    It could mean Nov. 11, 2011. But that is on a Friday, so I don't know. Just a guess. May be lore? May be nothing at all, except to make us wonder, lol.
    System Specs
    GIGABYTE GA-EP45C-UD3R <> INTEL E8400 AT 4.0GHz (445X9) <> XIGMATEK HDT-S1283R <> 2048(x4) G.SKILL DDR2-1000 <> XFX GEFORCE GTX 285 <> WESTERN DIGITAL 640GB <> REALTEK ALC889A AUDIO <> CORSAIR TX750 <> ASUS DRW-22B1LT DVD <> LOGITECH Z506 5.1 <> ACER 25.5" LCD(x3) <> MATROX TRIPLEHEAD2GO <> LOGITECH G500 <> GENIUS G-PEN F610 <> LOGITECH G25 <> LOGITECH G940 <> RAZER NOSTROMO <> NATURALPOINT TRACK-IR 4 <> 11240/2048 CABLE CONNECTION <> MS VISTA ULTIMATE X64

waiting on this gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Windrunner View Post
    Bweheheheh, mod got corrected.

It's what happens when the mod, who is old after all, relies on memory rather than looking at the -ing boxes...

M

Well, IMO, oblivion was a watered down version of Morrowind, especially in the combat system. But the game does get enjoyable.

I just hope this new one is not a watered down version of Oblivion.

IMO: Morrowind was the best.

Cue the old-timers saying Daggerfall was better etc...

I really was not looking forward to the combat in Ob when I heard it described pre-release, but in the end I got used to it pretty quickly and generally like it. It managed the difficult job of giving the player a fair degree of control, but still effectively making sure that higher stats won. Going back to MW now and again leaves me wishing that the combat was better. I'd probably be joined by a large number of people if I said that Morrowind with Oblivion (or better) graphics would be one of the ten top games of all time (mind you, I'd put MW there anyway). My worry hear is that Bethesda's long dumbing down will continue, as each game is easier (and thus duller) than the last. I'm not talking about combat, but about things like: actions have consequences. MW had this; Ob by and large did not. Like not being able to join every faction at the same time. Like needing to actually use magic to get to the top of the Mages Guild! Whoever traded complexity for voice-acting got the brown end of that stick,

M

I fully agree with all of that.
    Lets hope Skyrim will be more like the early games, only with better machanics and graphics.
    Many people did complain about the dumbing down that OB had, so it may be that they will give us better options in the way we choose to play. Things like the ability to turn off invincibility of quest related NPC's. I know a lot of players messed up in MW by going on a killing spree, only later to find that they killed someone important. Also, the level scaling should be selectable too. I loved how I had to be very careful when I went somewhere. At any moment I could come across someone or something that was far more powerful than I was. MW did a good job of preparing one for exploration, if one listened to NPC's in the beginning. They clearly warned us of the dangers out there.

I enjoyed OB, but found MW far more mysterious and interesting. I am hoping Skyrim will bring back that feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Meridian
    It's what happens when the mod, who is old after all, relies on memory rather than looking at the -ing boxes...

M
    its all good

as someone who barely played morrowind, I'd be perfectly happy with the game being a lot like Oblivion. Yes, it needs some more complexity and some stuff to be changed with regards to the consequences of certain actions, but as long as the story is good and I can get my mileage from it, i'm happy

Trust me, I do science

Trust me, I do science

Hmmm, I wonder what it's going to be like KB&M.

Not sold about this yet.

I'm reminded of Midas' magic by that lightning bit, too. Wonder if he was credited or hired.
    My heatware

All students need to check out www.dreamspark.com

Proudly NOT a console or subscription/micropayment gamer.

That footage that AMD posted was from the 360 version. Just imagine how awesome it will be on a gaming PC.
    Do you wanna know why I use a knife? Guns are too quick. You can't savor all the... little... emotions. In... you see, in their last moments, people show you who they really are. So in a way, I knew your friends better than you ever did. Would you like to know which of them were cowards?