Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: TES V: Skyrim

Re: TES V: Skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by Enmore View Post
    There's various bugs - missions not being marked as completed is the main one. I also had the bug where one of the main characters (Esbern - voiced by Max von Sydow, incidentally) wasn't talking. I've managed to find a way to fix that now, so hopefully I can progress.

Anyone else accidentally gone out of the house wearing just a loin cloth? Some of the comments you get are great. In skyrim too.
    LOL never did do that yet!

My current bugged mission is probably a similar problem that I was having with the Companion quest: I cleared out the dungeon prior to receiving the quest. I have to release one of the Gray-Manes from Thalmor custody, but I see that I've cleared the dungeon on my map and whenever I enter the building it crashes my game to desktop. The companion quest is a common issue: doing one of the quests that frequently gets assigned to that dungeon (helm of winterhold) will prevent the quest from getting assigned by Vilkas. It also won't get assigned if that other quest is active. Theres a console fix or you can wait 30 in-game days for the dungeon to reset. I'm guessing quite a few quests (especially radiant AI quests) could get messed up by having them assigned to locations you've already cleared.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    I'm guessing quite a few quests (especially radiant AI quests) could get messed up by having them assigned to locations you've already cleared.
    I had to kill a bandit leader for the Yarl of Riften that I'd already done by chance a few days before. When I went back to the location, his two henchmen were back, but the leader was still dead. I had to bring him back to life and then kill him again to complete the quest.

The way to do this is to stand in front of them, bring up the console, click on the dead body, type 'resurrect' and press enter. When you exit the console they will respawn next to you. Simples.

I had to kill a bandit leader for the Yarl of Riften that I'd already done by chance a few days before. When I went back to the location, his two henchmen were back, but the leader was still dead. I had to bring him back to life and then kill him again to complete the quest.

The way to do this is to stand in front of them, bring up the console, click on the dead body, type 'resurrect' and press enter. When you exit the console they will respawn next to you. Simples.
    Lol, in Skyrim there is a tale of one bandit leader they called Jesus....

I've started a new character after I'd done pretty much every quest there was with my old one. I was a Nord before but this time I decided on a Dark Elf and I'm really enjoying it. That I can enjoy something at all the second time I've done it is testament to how fun this game truly is. I will put the emphasis on archery, sneaking and destruction magic on this new character and enjoy a different game.
    Last edited by kbohip; 01-09-2012 at 01:53 PM.
    Beware liberals with guns.

Yes I've been thinking of starting again with a different character. I've not done any of the Empire / Stormcloak tasks yet so I'll save those for the new game.

I resurrected a dragon once as it didn't burn up and release its soul. I killed it again, but it still refused. Apparently if the game respawns a dragon you've already killed, you can't get the soul again.

I think my first horse was driven off the cliff near the Mage's College by a gang of those nasty Magic Anomalies. Either way it dissapeared once I'd managed to fight them off. Weird thing was, I was exploring the north coast much later on and I saw a dead horse floating by. I tried to resurrect it, but no joy unfortunately. I've got a real bad ass horse now (Shadowmere), so it's all good.

Yes I've been thinking of starting again with a different character. I've not done any of the Empire / Stormcloak tasks yet so I'll save those for the new game.

I resurrected a dragon once as it didn't burn up and release its soul. I killed it again, but it still refused. Apparently if the game respawns a dragon you've already killed, you can't get the soul again.

I think my first horse was driven off the cliff near the Mage's College by a gang of those nasty Magic Anomalies. Either way it dissapeared once I'd managed to fight them off. Weird thing was, I was exploring the north coast much later on and I saw a dead horse floating by. I tried to resurrect it, but no joy unfortunately. I've got a real bad ass horse now (Shadowmere), so it's all good.
    Shadowmere ftw. If there's one thing I really wish they could fix with this game it's the horses. I don't know how many times I hop off my owned horse to battle some random thing for a few minutes and can't find my horse anywhere. This happened last night again to me so I decided to use the no clip mode to get a bird's eye view of where the horse had gone. I searched what was probably a 2 square mile area and it was no where to be found. This has happened to me a few times and is very annoying as it usually happens in an area I haven't discovered yet. Strangely enough though, I never once had this problem with Shadowmere. Still, if they ever come out with an atv mod, I'm going to get it.

Oh and another funny thing happened to me while strolling on foot through a hot springs area that unbelievably I hadn't seen before last night. It was dark and as I was walking through I saw what I thought was a dead body laying just under the water. It was a woman wearing only her underwear. As I walked up to take a closer look she looked at me and said "need something"? Umm, sure?

I've had a couple of couriers come up to me in just their loincloths. Maybe they were mugged? As for horses, I never use them. I had Shadowmere, but he got killed and I never bothered with a replacement. Even if you could fight from horseback I'm not sure I'd bother until you can use a lance from one. Which would mean polearms being put back in.

M

I've had a couple of couriers come up to me in just their loincloths. Maybe they were mugged? I dread to imagine where they were keeping the message if it wasn't found when they stripped...

As for horses, I never use them. I had Shadowmere, but he got killed and I never bothered with a replacement. Even if you could fight from horseback I'm not sure I'd bother until you can use a lance from one. Which would mean polearms being put back in.

M

LOL. Shadowmere is so agressive he goes running off to attack everything in sight and gets in the damn way of my arrows. I hear the only way he can die is by falling off a cliff, so he's handy in distracting dragons.

I hear the only way he can die is by falling off a cliff, so he's handy in distracting dragons.

Assuming that he is like a companion, then no, it's not the only way he can die. In my case he was so good at distracting the dragon that it killed him.

M

Oh well, I usually park him round the corner from any trouble as he wants to go charging in each time.

Lydia died on me a few times. I don't know how. I mean, she's survived dragon battles and seemed to be marked essential by the game, but one time we were clearing a cave with a lot of witches and she died.

Companions can die. Essentially, the game works like this: when their health is low, you'll see them go down on one knee to show you that they can't fight any more. At this point, enemies will stop attacking them and focus on you. However, your companion can still die in a number of ways:

1) You are too far away from the baddies (or too well hidden) for them to attack you, so they give up on you and go back to attacking your companion.

2) An area effect spell catches them when they are weak.

3) You (or an enemy) accidentally hit them when they are weak.

4) The last enemy attack does so much damage that it takes them straight through that weak phase from healthy to dead. I've lost Lydia this way.

5) A lingering effect like fire or poison, which is still active, can remove the final health points.

The carls you get with becoming a Thane are the strongest, and apart from one other character, level the highest (level 50). This is why they are usually the most popular.

M

LOL. Shadowmere is so agressive he goes running off to attack everything in sight and gets in the damn way of my arrows. I hear the only way he can die is by falling off a cliff, so he's handy in distracting dragons.
    According to my guide book, Shadowmere has twice the stamina and almost three times the health of a normal horse. His health also regenerates more quickly. One thing I miss with my new character is Shadowmere.

One thing I like about horses, if your carrying too heavy a load it allows you to fast travel. ( Makes dungeon crawls easier.)

If your having trouble with suicidal horses, ride the other way and jump off.

Talking of killing followers, just managed to polish off another one. Jenessa I think she was called - you hire her in Whiterun. She was supposed to be a stealth warrior, and she was pretty good. But she had one annoying habit: when an enemy got suspicious that someone was around, she'd immediately de-cloak and charge in - often into my line of fire. Which is roughly how she died. Now I need another victim for Boethiah...

And I also need to find out what the game defines as "murder". My new thoroughly even character carries out killings of pretty much anyone he can where he won't get caught. So far he's launched surprise attacks on Thalmor, hunters, the walking wedding guests, an old woman in a shack, etc etc. But only one of these has been flagged as "murder" in the logbook. Does it only count if it's a one-hit or something? Only count in walled cities?

M