Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: TES V: Skyrim

Re: TES V: Skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by modru2004 View Post
    the problem is that the exclusivity deals are teh worst marketing campaigns anyones ever thought of. no ones buying a console because of who gets dlc first. that being said sony does the same thing, i think they got some bf3 dlc first. who ever came up with this stuff is mentally retarded.

no ones going to buy a console specifically because of this. especially when both sony and microsoft do it. because no matter what you do (ie no matter what console you buy) your going to get screwed at some point by either microsoft or sony out of this crap.

its a lose lose for everyone involved.
    Agreed. Its downright insulting. If developers are going to sell out like this, I'd like there to be a downside for them. PC gamers made bethesda what it is and keep the TES franchise strong through their long-running modding efforts. This just feels like a slap in the face

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    Agreed. Its downright insulting. If developers are going to sell out like this, I'd like there to be a downside for them. PC gamers made bethesda what it is and keep the TES franchise strong through their long-running modding efforts. This just feels like a slap in the face
    It is insulting. If it wasn't for PC gamers there would be NO gaming industry outside of the Williams/Konomi archade games in the strip malls. It may have started on Atari and Commadores, but you have to realize that as primitive as they were - they were still PC under the covers. Okay, the Atari wasn't but the rest were. The point is: PC's made the industry what it is, not the consoles. The game developers are going for the consoles now because it's easier to code for the dumbed-down consoles than to keep up with advances in the PC. Easier and cheaper. Ouch!! Another slap in the face.

100% AMD ROG gaming system, thanks to AMD.

I think the Dragonborn DLC will be released for PC tomorrow as it will have been 30 days since it was released for Xbox. I think I might pick it up and play Skyrim again.

As I've said here 100 times, I played so much Skyrim in the week after it came out that I got burned out on it and haven't touched it since (over a year). I think I might try it again with some DLC if that Dragonborn comes out tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    I think the Dragonborn DLC will be released for PC tomorrow as it will have been 30 days since it was released for Xbox. I think I might pick it up and play Skyrim again.

As I've said here 100 times, I played so much Skyrim in the week after it came out that I got burned out on it and haven't touched it since (over a year). I think I might try it again with some DLC if that Dragonborn comes out tomorrow.
    I felt the same way (burned out), but I'm not about to go back. Not supporting BS 30 day exclusivity windows

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Honestly, you guys might not think that people would buy the consoles for that reason but i know that people would. Call of duty is the biggest game out and has been, getting all the DLC a month early is important for a lot of people gives them more replay without getting bored. I agree i think it is dumb, but they aren't going to stop they make money off of it.

I spend my nights learning to draw instead of modding Skyrim, I'm certain plenty of their potential future content creators are looking in other directions as well.

They make less money off of it than you think. I'm not saying I'm a hugely talented artist or level designer, but their modding community isn't playing the game on the Xbox 360.
    My heatware

All students need to check out www.dreamspark.com

Proudly NOT a console or subscription/micropayment gamer.

lol after the crappy implementation of dragon riding that bethesda implemented in dragonborn which is essentially pointless a modder does a better job 2 weeks after release. or at least i just found it.

bethesda's version you get on dragon, dragon flys around randomly in general area............press a couple buttons to cycle a target and make the dragon autoattack a nearby target. can fast travel on dragon..............

essentially its pointless and does nothing.

thats pretty sad bethesda.

i used to think bethesda was simply cashing in on their existing engines which is why t he games never really changed (skyrim and oblivion are pretty much the same game other than different quest/lore flavoring and improved textures and graphic tweaks in skyrim).

to be honest skyrim is kinda a big expansion pack using the same engine as oblivion and the newer fallout games. all bethesda has to do is make some quest content and level designs. as a result the games have pretty much stagnated and remained the same.

now im beginning to believe they are simply incompetent.

/rant

I'm back on the Skyrim bandwagon! I purchased the DLC as it came out and decided I better get back in Skyrim. I'll get some thoughts about it together later.