Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: TES V: Skyrim

Re: TES II.II.II : Skyrim

I have the official guide. It's so packed they struggled to get everything in! But note that Bethesda have published it directly, as they did with the one for MW IIRC, rather than rent it out to Brady.

M

I just beat the main quest. You get some cool perks to make playing the game still interesting.

I wont say anymore, dont want to spoil anything.

I've put in 24 hours, but that's spilt up between two different characters. I wanted to try out some other stuff with another dude. Still having a lot of fun. Nowhere near being done with this game.

40 hours in with one character and i feel ive barely scratched the surface of the game. i haven't even continued the main quest yet. completed mage guild, working on dark brotherhood right now.

playing as an assassin/mage type character.

Quote Originally Posted by modru2004 View Post
    40 hours in with one character and i feel ive barely scratched the surface of the game. i haven't even continued the main quest yet. completed mage guild, working on dark brotherhood right now.

playing as an assassin/mage type character.
    This is one of the best things about this game. How many times have you played a great game for 8 hours or so only for it to abruptly end? Skyrim just goes on and on. I've always told myself I'll NEVER pay $60 for any game, but even I have to admit that Skyrim might be worth it. It's certainly a much better deal than most games (cough, MW3) for the same price.

My problem is that I'm picking up quests faster than I can close them, and that's just random quests: currently I'm not following any major faction or similar quest line. But every now and then I overhear something, or someone approaches me, and we (Lydia and I) are off again. Been playing about 22 hours, level 24, and six dead dragons.

M
    Last edited by Meridian; 11-16-2011 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
    My problem is that I'm picking up quests faster than I can close them, and that's just random quests: currently I'm not following any major faction or similar quest line. But every now and then I overhear something, or someone approaches me, and we're (Lydia and I) are off again. Been playing about 22 hours, level 24, and six dead dragons.

M
    Lol, sounds like what's happened to me in Oblivion. I can't even remember which one was the main quest anymore!

My problem is that I'm picking up quests faster than I can close them, and that's just random quests: currently I'm not following any major faction or similar quest line. But every now and then I overhear something, or someone approaches me, and we're (Lydia and I) are off again. Been playing about 22 hours, level 24, and six dead dragons.

M
    I think that's fairly common. Was listening to a games podcast and one reviewer said in his review playthrough after 60 hours (and completing the main quest), he had about 15 unfinished named quests and 15 unfinished miscellaneous quests.

I'm doing the main story now. There's actually a few twists in there. I won't call them plot twists, per se, but there are some great unexpected moments in the story.

Re: TES V: Skyrim

How big of a deal is Skyrim to the gaming community? Well, even sites like Forbes, yes that Forbes are reviewing it!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain...-is-skyrim-pc/

And the best part? He reviewed the pc version of the game. The fact that he hates it so far because of the terrible UI is another thing, but we all pray the mods will save us from that soon enough. It's one of the big reasons I'm waiting to pick this game up still.

I have the official guide. It's so packed they struggled to get everything in! But note that Bethesda have published it directly, as they did with the one for MW IIRC, rather than rent it out to Brady.

M
    How can they write a guide if the game is supposedly never ending :P

Quote Originally Posted by drkCrix View Post
    How can they write a guide if the game is supposedly never ending :P

Lol, good point. I haven't gone through the guide in any detail yet, but I'm assuming it just helps you out with the main quest and the guild quests. As for the quests from the "quest generator"? Who knows.

Can somebody with this game post a pic or two of their character? Or maybe a dragon?

I'd like to see the graphics.

Just noticed Amazon has dropped the price of Skyrim for Xbox to $55 and Ps3 to $58. The PC remains at $60 though. What a joke. Remember when all pc games maxed at $50 and they were always less than consoles?

I've just discovered that fixed-site dragons respawn. But the new ones don't pass on their souls. Or there's a bug.

Also, there are two daedric quest starting in the same village.

And smithing is a little too easy to level up: my character is elvel 26, but with level 92 smithing.

M
    Last edited by Meridian; 11-19-2011 at 02:12 AM.

I gotta stop reading this thread... $60 is more than I can spend on a new game right now, but damn if this game doesn't sound fun

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present