Hybrid View

Do you know what this web site is???

I typed "HD 6870 vs. HD 6950" in my Google search box in the upper right of my browser and I get a list of results in Google. So I go ahead and click on this one.

Even though it pretends to be a Seattle Mariners fan site, all of the links are advertising products. And below the first set of ads, it says "No posts matched your criteria. Search result from other sites:" but none of the entries are hyperlinked...making it a big pile of crap.

It just seems that as time goes on, I'm getting more and more bizarre, crappy search results. Anyone ever get the page with the smiling preppy blond girl when your search leads to a dead end?

It seems that "spam" has become institutionalized! For all I know this page was dynamically created to spam me. BTW, if anyone has a link comparing the 6870 to the 6950, please post it.

My video "tribute" to Armed Assault.

Re: Do you know what this web site is???

You want more of them than this one? http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=1051 I think Ryan forgot to compare them. Maybe something to add later. No, hold on (facepalm) the comparison in the crossfire and architecture pages.
    Last edited by 3dfxrain; 12-19-2010 at 07:11 PM. Reason: added more comparison text

Thanks 3dfx. After spending a LOOOONG time re-educating myself about ATI (being a current Nvidia user for quite some time), I ended up snagging a used HD 5870 for a great price on fleabay! It always feels a little "dirty" to switch camps whether it's CPUs or GPUs. But after analyzing the video card playing field and knowing that my budget was in the $200-300 range, I determined by far, my best solutions were either a 5870 or a 6950. And that's coming from a diehard Nvidia user....who was a long time ago, a diehard ATI user when the ATI 9500/9700/9800 was the big thing - anyone still remember those days?
    Last edited by Chiles4; 12-22-2010 at 10:45 PM.

My video "tribute" to Armed Assault.

Vividly, Lots of games. I played lots of Unreal Tournament 2003/2004 at the time. Radeon 9700. Cheers.