Page 1 of 57 123451151 ... LastLast

What movie are u watching tonight?

Kick Ass is next , just arrived from Netflix. Looked forward to seeing this movie for awhile now.

Will post thoughts on this one later tonight.
    **left this site 01/29/11

Re: What movie are u watching tonight?

Good idea for a thread! Tomorrow night I have "Knight and Day" coming from Netflix. Wishing it was on Blu-Ray now because of my new plasma though.

Didn't even know Netflix HAD "Knight + Day" yet! Thanks, man.

NEW queue order:

1.) Knight + Day
    2.) Reservoir Dogs
    3.) Inception
    4.) Salt
    5.) The Informant
    6.) The Hangover
    Last edited by game4ever; 12-27-2010 at 05:04 PM.

Just started watching The West Wing Complete series again
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

Quote Originally Posted by game4ever View Post
    Kick Ass is next , just arrived from Netflix. Looked forward to seeing this movie for awhile now.

Will post thoughts on this one later tonight.
    Watched Kick Ass a while ago… Not bad but not a film with a lot of repeat watching value. Still good enough for what it was.

Films I’ve watched recently

Despicable Me
    Loved it, predictable certainly but still satisfying.

You Tube – Fists of ledged
    A take off on Fists of Fury with Jet Li In the Bruce Lee roll and a slightly changed story line. Hard to improve on the original and it was missing some of the cool fights that Bruce Lee did in his version. Still the acting and cinematography was much better. Then again that’s not why you watch a Kung Fu movie is it?

You Tube – Young Master
    The first Movie that Jacky Chan directed. Typical Jacky Chan movie with humor and amazing Kung Fu. Jacky finally beats the evil Kung Fu villain after drinking water from a “water pipe.” Not sure what was being smoked in that pipe but it made Jacky almost indestructible… hummmmm

Karate Kid
    The new version with Jacky Chan and Jaden Smith. I liked it better than the original and after watching the special features showing Jaden Smith practicing Kung Fu I was pretty impressed.

Scorers Apprentice
    Unless you are a HARD CORE Nicolas Cage fan then skip this one. It’s one of those “I’m sorry I watched this” kind of films. I sort of expected it to be bad but thought I would give it a chance.
    Last edited by RatboyX; 12-27-2010 at 06:07 PM.
    Game - BIOSTAR TA785 A2+ / Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 125W / Patroit 8GB DDR2 800 CAS 4 Timing: 4-4-4-12 / Sapphire HD 6870 1GB / Antec Three Hundred Case / PC Power & Cooling S61EPS 610W / X-Fi XtremeGamer / Western Digital 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s /Windows Vista home premium 64 SP1

Back up - Biostar 6100-939 / A64 3800 Venice(Stock 2.4) / 1.5 GB Corsair XMS 3200 / HD3870

Didn't even know Netflix HAD "Knight + Day" yet! Thanks, man.

NEW queue order:

1.) Knight + Day
    2.) Reservoir Dogs
    3.) Inception
    4.) Salt
    5.) The Informant
    6.) The Hangover
    Looking forward to seeing Inception and Salt. They both look good.

And is this the first time you have seen Reservoir Dogs? IMO it’s the best old QT has EVER done.
    Game - BIOSTAR TA785 A2+ / Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 125W / Patroit 8GB DDR2 800 CAS 4 Timing: 4-4-4-12 / Sapphire HD 6870 1GB / Antec Three Hundred Case / PC Power & Cooling S61EPS 610W / X-Fi XtremeGamer / Western Digital 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s /Windows Vista home premium 64 SP1

Back up - Biostar 6100-939 / A64 3800 Venice(Stock 2.4) / 1.5 GB Corsair XMS 3200 / HD3870

I have inception on Blu Ray, it's trippy.

Salt = Great flick! I really enjoyed it.

Karate Kid (2010) - If you're going to see it, it must be seen in HD on a large screen. Its the only way to appreciated the cinematography that went into the scenes that were shot in China's country side. The rest of the movie was good, but those scenes there made it worth buying on Blu Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by Spankin Partier View Post
    Salt = Great flick! I really enjoyed it.

Karate Kid (2010) - If you're going to see it, it must be seen in HD on a large screen. Its the only way to appreciated the cinematography that went into the scenes that were shot in China's country side. The rest of the movie was good, but those scenes there made it worth buying on Blu Ray.
    Cool. I order Salt on Blu Ray. I want to see Angelina. <3

Agree with Ratboy pretty much. Kick Ass had a few hilarious moments, and one action sequence was incredible by that lttle girl near the end. But its mostly a forgettable flick. Worth it as a Netflix rental, but its not worth a buy. 6 out of 10.

I saw Salt on Christmas Eve. I didn't think I was going to like it at all as I'm not really an Angelina Jolie fan, but I was pleasantly surprised. A pretty good movie and I must admit she did a VERY good job. Heh, I guess I'm a fan of her's now after this. My only complaint is some of the action scenes are absolutely over the top ridiculous. As in jumping off overpasses onto semi's traveling at 60mph and not even getting a bruise type of over the top. It seems almost every Hollywood movie now has these type of action scenes once reserved for superheros only though.

Just added "When we left Earth" on Blu-Ray to my queue. Has anyone here seen this yet? If so, how is it? I'm just hoping it isn't too slow.

Oh, and to any Rush fans (the band, not the fat guy), I highly recommend "Beyond the Lighted Stage." It was an excellent documentary on whom I feel is the greatest band of all time.

Haven't seen that Blue Ray documentary but I have seen quite a few Angelina Jolie flicks. If SALT is over the top like Mr + Mrs Smith was I'll be a happy camper. Loved that movie, despite its mediocre ratings.

Haven't seen that Blue Ray documentary but I have seen quite a few Angelina Jolie flicks. If SALT is over the top like Mr + Mrs Smith was I'll be a happy camper. Loved that movie, despite its mediocre ratings.
    I liked Salt WAAAYYYY more than Mr. and Mrs. Smith. I just remembered why I wasn't a Jolie fan when you mentioned that movie. You're really going to like this one though.

Almost forgot. A movie I LMAO the whole time on is "The Other Guys." Let's just say that from now on whenever I see a Toyota Prius I think "soup kitchen".
    Last edited by kbohip; 12-27-2010 at 08:31 PM.

SLEEPER NETFLIX HITS---> "Inside Out", "Arc"

Never heard of either but enjoyed both, these are available instantly whether you have Roku or not. I watched them on my pc with a 280 watt 5.1 sound system.