Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Re: What movie are u watching tonight?

We have a city here called Hamilton, but I call it Hamiltr0n for lulz. Maybe watch tr0n later TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    Tron is awesomesauce
    Tron yes, Tron Legacy was utter crap.

Family watched Toy Story 3 tonight

Quote Originally Posted by grimmster View Post
    Tron yes, Tron Legacy was utter crap.
    Have to disagree about Legacy. Bonus - it's the best looking and sounding Blu-Ray that has ever been played on my HT system. Watched it tonight
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Have to disagree about Legacy. Bonus - it's the best looking and sounding Blu-Ray that has ever been played on my HT system. Watched it tonight
    Just watched Legacy tonight as well. I have to agree it looked beautiful on my plasma. Trying to find Blu-Ray Redbox movies is almost impossible though. I enjoyed the movie. It's been so long since I've seen the original now I can barely remember it though, so I can't really say which one was better.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dfxrain View Post
    We have a city here called Hamilton, but I call it Hamiltr0n for lulz. Maybe watch tr0n later TBH.
    Used to live in Hamilton...well Hamilton Ontario that is. Had a few nicks for it, like The Hammer or Hamihole, but never Hamitr0n.

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    It's been so long since I've seen the original now I can barely remember it though, so I can't really say which one was better.
    Same. I need to watch the original again. It's been so long it will be almost like the first time.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]

Same. I need to watch the original again. It's been so long it will be almost like the first time.
    while I enjoyed Tron Legacy I have to say that they did rip off Star Wars quite a few times. LOL right before we went to see it in the movies I tried to get a copy of the original. Cheapest I could find it was $125 on EBAY for a VCR Tape

Gotta love the Disney vault. Now it's like $12

Quote Originally Posted by zetachi View Post
    while I enjoyed Tron Legacy I have to say that they did rip off Star Wars quite a few times. LOL right before we went to see it in the movies I tried to get a copy of the original. Cheapest I could find it was $125 on EBAY for a VCR Tape

Gotta love the Disney vault. Now it's like $12
    I noticed the Star Wars rips. There were a couple Matrix rips as well like the Light Jets going really high until they almost stall.

Classic Tron is available on Netflix starting tomorrow 4/12. I'm sending Tangled back today. Maybe I'll get lucky and get Tron. If not it's Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole up next.

You guys got Hulu Plus?

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    You guys got Hulu Plus?
    Only Netflix + cable for me. I think Brandito has Hulu Plus.

Only Netflix + cable for me. I think Brandito has Hulu Plus.
    If I didn't watch baseball, I would get rid of cable. I love Hulu Plus.

Between Hulu Plus and Amazon VOD, I can pretty much get any TV show I want.

How is the quality? I'm used to watching 720p HD with 5.1 audio over cable. It looks and sounds pretty good on my 61" TV and 7.1 surround system.

How is the quality? I'm used to watching 720p HD with 5.1 audio over cable. It looks and sounds pretty good on my 61" TV and 7.1 surround system.
    Quality is okay. As I wrote about here before, I suspected my new Cable ISP was throttling Hulu traffic. I switched from their DNS server to OpenDNS and 720p streaming speed has improved.

It is 720p quality on the PC, but the Hulu Plus PS3 app streams in 1080p. Both are pretty good, but no 1080p on the PC. The trade-off for that is that not all content streams to TV boxes (PS3 or set-top boxes). Not an issue if you have a home theater PC since Hulu on PC gets everything.

Hulu is owned by the TV networks themselves, of course, so it has to cater to all the whims of the content providers.

If I didn't watch baseball, I would get rid of cable. I love Hulu Plus.

Quality is okay. As I wrote about here before, I suspected my new Cable ISP was throttling Hulu traffic. I switched from their DNS server to OpenDNS and 720p streaming speed has improved.

It is 720p quality on the PC, but the Hulu Plus PS3 app streams in 1080p. Both are pretty good, but no 1080p on the PC. The trade-off for that is that not all content streams to TV boxes (PS3 or set-top boxes). Not an issue if you have a home theater PC since Hulu on PC gets everything.

Hulu is owned by the TV networks themselves, of course, so it has to cater to all the whims of the content providers.
    I've been looking for ways to cut down on my monthly bills and the one that really annoys me the most is Directv. It's up to $85 a month now. This wouldn't bother me as much if I actually watched that much sat. tv, but I don't watch much tv at all anymore and every show my wife watches is available for free with just on OTA antenna. I don't have an HTC (but have always wanted to build one), but I do have a PS3. Keven, you say not all content is on the PS3. Could you elaborate on this?

I should probably just make a whole thread out of cable/sat. alternatives and get a lot of responses.

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    I've been looking for ways to cut down on my monthly bills and the one that really annoys me the most is Directv. It's up to $85 a month now. This wouldn't bother me as much if I actually watched that much sat. tv, but I don't watch much tv at all anymore and every show my wife watches is available for free with just on OTA antenna. I don't have an HTC (but have always wanted to build one), but I do have a PS3. Keven, you say not all content is on the PS3. Could you elaborate on this?

I should probably just make a whole thread out of cable/sat. alternatives and get a lot of responses.
    I would say that 95% of the content on Hulu Plus is on both PS3 and PC. All the new stuff is.

While cruising the back catalog for older TV shows, I have encountered some stuff that is declared "web only" and won't play on the PS3 or any set top box.