Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 866
  1. #211
    Joined
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Auckland
    Age
    40
    Posts
    30,912

    Re: What movie are u watching tonight?

    We have a city here called Hamilton, but I call it Hamiltr0n for lulz. Maybe watch tr0n later TBH.

  2. #212
    Joined
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    1,840

    Re: What movie are u watching tonight?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    Tron is awesomesauce
    Tron yes, Tron Legacy was utter crap.

    Family watched Toy Story 3 tonight



  3. #213
    Joined
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Southern Tier of NY
    Age
    52
    Posts
    21,707

    Re: What movie are u watching tonight?

    Quote Originally Posted by grimmster View Post
    Tron yes, Tron Legacy was utter crap.
    Have to disagree about Legacy. Bonus - it's the best looking and sounding Blu-Ray that has ever been played on my HT system. Watched it tonight
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.



    [Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

  4. #214
    Joined
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Colorafornia, USSA
    Age
    46
    Posts
    13,817

    Re: What movie are u watching tonight?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    Have to disagree about Legacy. Bonus - it's the best looking and sounding Blu-Ray that has ever been played on my HT system. Watched it tonight
    Just watched Legacy tonight as well. I have to agree it looked beautiful on my plasma. Trying to find Blu-Ray Redbox movies is almost impossible though. I enjoyed the movie. It's been so long since I've seen the original now I can barely remember it though, so I can't really say which one was better.

  5. #215
    Joined
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Southern Ontario
    Age
    45
    Posts
    13,194

    Re: What movie are u watching tonight?

    Quote Originally Posted by 3dfxrain View Post
    We have a city here called Hamilton, but I call it Hamiltr0n for lulz. Maybe watch tr0n later TBH.
    Used to live in Hamilton...well Hamilton Ontario that is. Had a few nicks for it, like The Hammer or Hamihole, but never Hamitr0n.

  6. #216
    Joined
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Southern Tier of NY
    Age
    52
    Posts
    21,707

    Re: What movie are u watching tonight?

    Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    It's been so long since I've seen the original now I can barely remember it though, so I can't really say which one was better.
    Same. I need to watch the original again. It's been so long it will be almost like the first time.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.



    [Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

  7. #217
    Joined
    Jul 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    53
    Posts
    9,778

    Re: What movie are u watching tonight?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    Same. I need to watch the original again. It's been so long it will be almost like the first time.
    while I enjoyed Tron Legacy I have to say that they did rip off Star Wars quite a few times. LOL right before we went to see it in the movies I tried to get a copy of the original. Cheapest I could find it was $125 on EBAY for a VCR Tape

    Gotta love the Disney vault. Now it's like $12
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.


  8. #218
    Joined
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Southern Tier of NY
    Age
    52
    Posts
    21,707

    Re: What movie are u watching tonight?

    Quote Originally Posted by zetachi View Post
    while I enjoyed Tron Legacy I have to say that they did rip off Star Wars quite a few times. LOL right before we went to see it in the movies I tried to get a copy of the original. Cheapest I could find it was $125 on EBAY for a VCR Tape

    Gotta love the Disney vault. Now it's like $12
    I noticed the Star Wars rips. There were a couple Matrix rips as well like the Light Jets going really high until they almost stall.

    Classic Tron is available on Netflix starting tomorrow 4/12. I'm sending Tangled back today. Maybe I'll get lucky and get Tron. If not it's Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole up next.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.



    [Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

  9. #219
    Joined
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,027

    Re: What movie are u watching tonight?

    You guys got Hulu Plus?

  10. #220
    Joined
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Southern Tier of NY
    Age
    52
    Posts
    21,707

    Re: What movie are u watching tonight?

    Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    You guys got Hulu Plus?
    Only Netflix + cable for me. I think Brandito has Hulu Plus.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.



    [Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

  11. #221
    Joined
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,027

    Re: What movie are u watching tonight?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    Only Netflix + cable for me. I think Brandito has Hulu Plus.
    If I didn't watch baseball, I would get rid of cable. I love Hulu Plus.

    Between Hulu Plus and Amazon VOD, I can pretty much get any TV show I want.

  12. #222
    Joined
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Southern Tier of NY
    Age
    52
    Posts
    21,707

    Re: What movie are u watching tonight?

    Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Between Hulu Plus and Amazon VOD, I can pretty much get any TV show I want.
    How is the quality? I'm used to watching 720p HD with 5.1 audio over cable. It looks and sounds pretty good on my 61" TV and 7.1 surround system.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.



    [Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

  13. #223
    Joined
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,027

    Re: What movie are u watching tonight?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    How is the quality? I'm used to watching 720p HD with 5.1 audio over cable. It looks and sounds pretty good on my 61" TV and 7.1 surround system.
    Quality is okay. As I wrote about here before, I suspected my new Cable ISP was throttling Hulu traffic. I switched from their DNS server to OpenDNS and 720p streaming speed has improved.

    It is 720p quality on the PC, but the Hulu Plus PS3 app streams in 1080p. Both are pretty good, but no 1080p on the PC. The trade-off for that is that not all content streams to TV boxes (PS3 or set-top boxes). Not an issue if you have a home theater PC since Hulu on PC gets everything.

    Hulu is owned by the TV networks themselves, of course, so it has to cater to all the whims of the content providers.

  14. #224
    Joined
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Colorafornia, USSA
    Age
    46
    Posts
    13,817

    Re: What movie are u watching tonight?

    Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    If I didn't watch baseball, I would get rid of cable. I love Hulu Plus.

    Between Hulu Plus and Amazon VOD, I can pretty much get any TV show I want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    How is the quality? I'm used to watching 720p HD with 5.1 audio over cable. It looks and sounds pretty good on my 61" TV and 7.1 surround system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Quality is okay. As I wrote about here before, I suspected my new Cable ISP was throttling Hulu traffic. I switched from their DNS server to OpenDNS and 720p streaming speed has improved.

    It is 720p quality on the PC, but the Hulu Plus PS3 app streams in 1080p. Both are pretty good, but no 1080p on the PC. The trade-off for that is that not all content streams to TV boxes (PS3 or set-top boxes). Not an issue if you have a home theater PC since Hulu on PC gets everything.

    Hulu is owned by the TV networks themselves, of course, so it has to cater to all the whims of the content providers.
    I've been looking for ways to cut down on my monthly bills and the one that really annoys me the most is Directv. It's up to $85 a month now. This wouldn't bother me as much if I actually watched that much sat. tv, but I don't watch much tv at all anymore and every show my wife watches is available for free with just on OTA antenna. I don't have an HTC (but have always wanted to build one), but I do have a PS3. Keven, you say not all content is on the PS3. Could you elaborate on this?

    I should probably just make a whole thread out of cable/sat. alternatives and get a lot of responses.

  15. #225
    Joined
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,027

    Re: What movie are u watching tonight?

    Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    I've been looking for ways to cut down on my monthly bills and the one that really annoys me the most is Directv. It's up to $85 a month now. This wouldn't bother me as much if I actually watched that much sat. tv, but I don't watch much tv at all anymore and every show my wife watches is available for free with just on OTA antenna. I don't have an HTC (but have always wanted to build one), but I do have a PS3. Keven, you say not all content is on the PS3. Could you elaborate on this?

    I should probably just make a whole thread out of cable/sat. alternatives and get a lot of responses.
    I would say that 95% of the content on Hulu Plus is on both PS3 and PC. All the new stuff is.

    While cruising the back catalog for older TV shows, I have encountered some stuff that is declared "web only" and won't play on the PS3 or any set top box.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •