Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Re: What movie are u watching tonight?

We might watch Inception. I got it for Christmas, so with all the hype surrounding it and the positive feedback from everybody, I'm really looking forward to this. So is the missus.

We have to go deeper.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dfxrain View Post
    We have to go deeper.
    Not unless you buy me dinner first.
    Game - BIOSTAR TA785 A2+ / Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 125W / Patroit 8GB DDR2 800 CAS 4 Timing: 4-4-4-12 / Sapphire HD 6870 1GB / Antec Three Hundred Case / PC Power & Cooling S61EPS 610W / X-Fi XtremeGamer / Western Digital 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s /Windows Vista home premium 64 SP1

Back up - Biostar 6100-939 / A64 3800 Venice(Stock 2.4) / 1.5 GB Corsair XMS 3200 / HD3870

lol should take nice American woman

Just got Galaxy of Terror from Netflix, might watch tonite or tomorrow. Great big slice of early 80's sci-fi / horror cheese produced by Roger Corman, starring a bunch of (semi) well known folks, like Erin Moran from Happy Days, Sid Haig and Robert Englund, and a notorious scene involving a hot blonde and a giant maggot.

The Dark Knight
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

In Iron Man 2 they didn't show the making of the new briefcase suit although I think they should have shown the making of the briefcase suit like the making of the prototypes in the first Iron Man film.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmeat69 View Post
    Just got Galaxy of Terror from Netflix, might watch tonite or tomorrow. Great big slice of early 80's sci-fi / horror cheese produced by Roger Corman, starring a bunch of (semi) well known folks, like Erin Moran from Happy Days, Sid Haig and Robert Englund, and a notorious scene involving a hot blonde and a giant maggot.
    And I ask myself “how could I have possibly missed this one”
    Game - BIOSTAR TA785 A2+ / Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 125W / Patroit 8GB DDR2 800 CAS 4 Timing: 4-4-4-12 / Sapphire HD 6870 1GB / Antec Three Hundred Case / PC Power & Cooling S61EPS 610W / X-Fi XtremeGamer / Western Digital 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s /Windows Vista home premium 64 SP1

Back up - Biostar 6100-939 / A64 3800 Venice(Stock 2.4) / 1.5 GB Corsair XMS 3200 / HD3870

So I watched both SALT and Inception last night.

SALT sort of surprised me with some of the plot, there were some things I thought would happen that didn’t and some things I thought wouldn’t happen that did. Don’t want to spoil anything for people that haven’t seen it. All in all a good, thought I wouldn’t say a great, movie. As someone else pointed out it was a bit “Action Hero” in some places.

Inception was interesting. It felt too long in some places and rushed in others. About half of the way thought it turns into a never-ending fight sequence while ripping off concepts from the Matrix, James Bond, and several SiFi movies I can think of. Still the plot idea was interesting, the graphics amazing, and the special effects extremely well done. Perhaps it was the acting of Leonardo De Caprio at fault, and I’m not one of the De Caprio haters, but I never truly felt any empathy for his character.

I also found the Ellen Page character to be a bit on the annoying side, though she is very cute. At some points I wanted to just slap her character, at others spank her.

I loved Ken Watanabe and his performance was great, the rest of the cast was also decent. For a film that I expected to surprise me with plot twists and serious craziness it ended up being pretty predictable.

First Iron Man had much superior story about creation of suit, if there is Iron Man 3 and new suit again, would like more about creation of suit like first one. However, props about new power source story anyhow.
    Last edited by 3dfxrain; 12-29-2010 at 12:26 PM. Reason: added props

Yes I’m with you on this one. I think the overall story line of Iron Man 1 was much stronger, and it was overall a much more satisfying film than the sequel.

Late night pr0n, no, i'm joking.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dfxrain View Post
    First Iron Man had much superior story about creation of suit, if there is Iron Man 3 and new suit again, would like more about creation of suit like first one. However, props about new power source story anyhow.
    Quote Originally Posted by RatboyX View Post
    Yes I’m with you on this one. I think the overall story line of Iron Man 1 was much stronger, and it was overall a much more satisfying film than the sequel.
    I HATED Iron Man 2. It was one of the biggest letdowns for any sequel I can remember.

Oh and as far as terrible movies go, I've seen hundreds. Still, there are those that are so terrible that they become good somehow. At the very top of the list is a gem from the 80's (of course) that was so absolutely horrible, so utterly and completely ridiculous, that I found I couldn't stop laughing the whole way through. Until you rent "The Stabilizer", you can never tell anyone you've seen the worst movie ever made. I recommend having an alcoholic beverage or two, and renting it. Words cannot describe the extreme cheesiness.

Well the Ed Wood films were pretty bad. I saw Plan 9 from outer space and Glen or Glenda way before Johnny Depp did his Ed Wood movie.

Some of the films in MSTK3 could easily compete for worst film ever; “Manos Hands of Fate” was seriously bad.

The Thing with Two Heads was AMAZINGLY bad. The plot consists of a rich but VERY racist white man having his head grafted onto the body of an African American man, because his own body is dying. If I recall correctly the plan was to cut off the head of the African American but he woke up too soon. Hilarity ensues of course. But all of those can be watched because they are so bad they are fun.

A truly bad film that shouldn’t have been was the 1998 Joan of Arc film “The Messenger” I mean we are talking about a serious big budget film here. I wanted to gouge my eyes out after seeing it in the theater and to this day I don’t know why I didn’t get up half way through and demand my money back. This film had ZERO entertainment value. They should have taken the money they spent on that film and given it to the poor.

Now if anyone wants some recommendations for some off beet films that I found amazingly good here are a few:

Comedy
    Kung-Fu Hustle. - By the same group of people that produced and acted in “Sholin Soccer.” I recommend watching it in Chinese with subtitles.

Family
    My neighbor Totoro. - If you haven’t seen this classic Miyazaki Anime you are missing out. Good for the entire family. Let your inner child enjoy this one and you will get caught up in it.

Si-Fi
    Dark City – A 1998 Si-Fi film with Rufus Sewell, William Hurt, Kiefer Sutherland, and Jennifer Connelly. The author of Inception sites this film as one that helped influence him. A VERY GOOD Film.

District 9- Sci, fi

Futuristic, apocapalyptic, well written sci fi. Almost believeable....will keep you watching beginning to end, more of a drama then a thriller I'd say.
    **left this site 01/29/11