Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Re: What movie are u watching tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by RatboyX View Post
    Well the Ed Wood films were pretty bad. I saw Plan 9 from outer space and Glen or Glenda way before Johnny Depp did his Ed Wood movie.

Some of the films in MSTK3 could easily compete for worst film ever; “Manos Hands of Fate” was seriously bad.

The Thing with Two Heads was AMAZINGLY bad. The plot consists of a rich but VERY racist white man having his head grafted onto the body of an African American man, because his own body is dying. If I recall correctly the plan was to cut off the head of the African American but he woke up too soon. Hilarity ensues of course. But all of those can be watched because they are so bad they are fun.

A truly bad film that shouldn’t have been was the 1998 Joan of Arc film “The Messenger” I mean we are talking about a serious big budget film here. I wanted to gouge my eyes out after seeing it in the theater and to this day I don’t know why I didn’t get up half way through and demand my money back. This film had ZERO entertainment value. They should have taken the money they spent on that film and given it to the poor.

Now if anyone wants some recommendations for some off beet films that I found amazingly good here are a few:

Comedy
    Kung-Fu Hustle. - By the same group of people that produced and acted in “Sholin Soccer.” I recommend watching it in Chinese with subtitles.

Family
    My neighbor Totoro. - If you haven’t seen this classic Miyazaki Anime you are missing out. Good for the entire family. Let your inner child enjoy this one and you will get caught up in it.

Si-Fi
    Dark City – A 1998 Si-Fi film with Rufus Sewell, William Hurt, Kiefer Sutherland, and Jennifer Connelly. The author of Inception sites this film as one that helped influence him. A VERY GOOD Film.
    I've seen "Manos" and agree of course that it was as craptacular as they come, but it's no "Stabilizer." Manos was awful but boring at the same time. The Stabilizer otoh was truly awful, but had me laughing the whole way through. I'd LOVE to see MST3K get a hold of The Stabilizer. SOO much too work with on that one.

http://www.internalbleeding.net/2008/08/the-stabilizer/
    Last edited by kbohip; 12-29-2010 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by game4ever View Post
    District 9- Sci, fi

Futuristic, apocapalyptic, well written sci fi. Almost believeable....will keep you watching beginning to end, more of a drama then a thriller I'd say.
    I like that one a LOT. It took me a while to warm up to the main (Non Alien) character in the film but they gave him such a great series of nemesis’s to fight against. With three major characters in the film trying to kill him for various reasons, you end up rooting for the guy. He was sort of backed into a corner but he proved to be a heroic figure in the end.
    Game - BIOSTAR TA785 A2+ / Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 125W / Patroit 8GB DDR2 800 CAS 4 Timing: 4-4-4-12 / Sapphire HD 6870 1GB / Antec Three Hundred Case / PC Power & Cooling S61EPS 610W / X-Fi XtremeGamer / Western Digital 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s /Windows Vista home premium 64 SP1

Back up - Biostar 6100-939 / A64 3800 Venice(Stock 2.4) / 1.5 GB Corsair XMS 3200 / HD3870

Salt on Blu Ray arrive from great online retailer I go to regulary so I be watching that next. I dig dem action films.
    Last edited by 3dfxrain; 12-29-2010 at 06:13 PM. Reason: added dig for action film

If you guys are looking for a "so bad it's good" flick and have Netflix streaming, I urge you to watch " The Incredible Melting Man", actually has some nice suspense, but still very cheesy and funny, plus the great Rick Baker did the Special FX.

I especially dig them dumb/entertain action movie with any nice/good looking/hot woman

Watching "The Bounty Hunter" tonight with my wife. Eh, not really looking forward to it. Maybe it'll surprise me.

Harry Potter and Chamber of Secrets on free digital TV here tonight. It's called Freeview in NZ. May have seen before however will watch again.

Tron Legacy with my son and then some West Wing with the wife
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

Wanna watch A-Team later even though is not exactly like the TV series I was following as a kid.

Harry Potter 1 & 2 recently. I bought the Blu-ray boxed set of movies 1-6. Going to try and watch them all. Haven't seen the new movie yet.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Watched a screwy collection of flix yesterday, had people over and viewed Coraline, Lord of the rings:Fellowship of the Ring, Sleepy Hollow, Forbidden World (another Roger Corman produced chunk of Velveeta, full of hot naked women and tons of gore), then finished the night with a couple of Three Stooges short films.
    Last edited by frogmeat69; 01-02-2011 at 06:29 PM.

Certain it's not gonna be a love story movie.

Wife and I use the VOD too much on the remote.

Last night we watched 'Devil'. Meh. It was ok.
    Rock the Jukebox:
    2x Intel XEON E5405
    Asus DSBV-DX
    4x Kingston 2Gb FBuffered 667mhz w/4x MemCooler
    FSP 650w PSU
    MS Server 2008 STD

M3ltD0Vvn:
    Intel Q9550 w/Coolermaster Hyper 212 - 2x 120mm
    Asus P5N-D
    2x Transcend 2Gb 800Mhz
    FSP 550w SLI Certified <~~Bullet Proof
    EVGA GTX560Ti SC (Asus 22" 1680x1050)
    MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Will be watching Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (#3) tonight.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]

Tonight was Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (#4)