Page 48 of 58 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Re: What movie are u watching tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    Started watching the new "Vikings" show and while it's not bad, I just can't seem to get as interested in it as the great ones such as "Sons of Anarchy" and "Breaking Bad" or even "Justified". It's good, but not even as good as "Game of Thrones" which I'd rate at 3-1/2 stars plus or minus some good/bad episodes. Maybe it will pick up and I'll start caring more about the characters like I did with SOA.
    Yeah I watched 1 episode of Vikings and gave up on it....I don't waste my time with lame TV any more. The lamest I get is "Amazing Race" and I justify that with the fact that I'm usually learning something about history/geography, even if it is about how wonderful Vietnam and their Communism is.

Justified has entered "pantheon" status for me. There are only a few shows that get held that high up...Breaking Bad, The Wire, and Deadwood are the only ones that I can think of. Game of Thrones is great...I love the show but I also read the books so it ruined it for me in terms of where I can rank it in terms of great TV shows.

The second season of Justified is probably the best overall....I'd put it up against the 4th season of the Wire as one of the best seasons of TV ever.

LOL can you tell I like the show....my avatar didn't give it away did it?
    Last edited by BlackDragon24; 04-07-2013 at 10:03 AM.

^^^ I'm going to really miss Breaking Bad once it's over.. but it has run it's course and it's time. The first 2 seasons were some of the best tv I've seen in a long time. Wife and I still watch Walking Dead.. but it already seems like it's a season too long. Only movie that interests me lately is the Hobbit.. and I missed it on the big screen. Looks like blu-ray for me.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    ^^^ I'm going to really miss Breaking Bad once it's over.. but it has run it's course and it's time. The first 2 seasons were some of the best tv I've seen in a long time. Wife and I still watch Walking Dead.. but it already seems like it's a season too long. Only movie that interests me lately is the Hobbit.. and I missed it on the big screen. Looks like blu-ray for me.
    Speaking of Breaking Bad, I was in Albuquerque a couple of weeks ago where the show is filmed. Anyway there's a donut shop there called Rebel Donuts that came up with a donut called Blue Sky in honor of the show. I made it a point to go by and get one. It was very delicious. Blue cream frosting with blue rock candy topping.

http://laughingsquid.com/breaking-ba...l-meth-donuts/
    Last edited by kbohip; 04-07-2013 at 11:39 PM.

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest - nice wrap up of the Trilogy, weakest of the 3, but still a good movie. Now I gotta watch the whole thing over on Netflix with the extended six part TV mini-series version, guess it adds a lot more to each film.

Watched a good older movie, Rock Star again. One of the best rock movies I think, and Jennifer Aniston looks F.I.N.E in it!

Saw "Gangster Squad" last night. 6/10. Horrible writing, great action.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon24 View Post
    Saw "Gangster Squad" last night. 6/10. Horrible writing, great action.
    Not so surprisingly reminded me of "L.A. Confidential". Only unfortunately much, much worse.

Has anyone seen Zero Dark Thirty? I've been wanting to see that.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Had a tall glass of estrogen and watched Titanic. All I can say is - WOW! Demo worthy video and great audio. Haven't seen it since it's original theater run, and actually enjoyed it a lot more than then. And I forgot how stunning Kate Winslet is, about as beautiful as can be.
    Last edited by frogmeat69; 04-15-2013 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pehu View Post
    Not so surprisingly reminded me of "L.A. Confidential". Only unfortunately much, much worse.
    Yeah TBH it was like watching a rough draft prequel of LA confidential.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    Has anyone seen Zero Dark Thirty? I've been wanting to see that.
    I didn't get the spine-tingling chills running thru my body while I was watching that movie and I expected to. I thought it was good but not great. I thought the last 5 minutes of the movie needed to be completely re-done.

EDIT I take that back....the first minute of the movie almost brought me to tears AND sent chills down my spine. You know when you "see" it.

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    i watched the hobbit in hd off the psn network a week ago or so. i enjoyed the movie, kinda a slow start.............then right as its picking up.........the end. (to be continued really).

im guessing it felt abrupt because they are trying to make a trilogy out of something that was a single book.

Quote Originally Posted by modru2004 View Post
    i watched the hobbit in hd off the psn network a week ago or so. i enjoyed the movie, kinda a slow start.............then right as its picking up.........the end. (to be continued really).

im guessing it felt abrupt because they are trying to make a trilogy out of something that was a single book.
    Just watched it last weekend... and I agree. Abrupt ending. But the story needs to be told slowly IMHO. Hope they do the ending up right.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Django unchained. not for kids! 4/5 Also watched 'The Master' I'm still trying to figure it out. 3/5

Quote Originally Posted by grimmster View Post
    Django unchained. not for kids! 4/5 Also watched 'The Master' I'm still trying to figure it out. 3/5
    If you are still trying to figure it out, it has done its job. Go read the wiki article on the film's plot and then tell me what you think

^^ thanks for that, the wiki did help clear some things up.