Page 6 of 58 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Re: What movie are u watching tonight?

They had Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift on TV buit I have DVD so I watched on DVD, saved me so that I didn't have to watch the ads. Got sleepy at the end, just manage to stay awake to the end but after finish I had to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Spankin Partier View Post
    We all watched Despicable Me on the big screen.
    Fun movie
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Went to see True Grit on Saturday. Very enjoyable movie I recommend it for those who like westerns.

It comes across as authentic in feel and not some slick twentieth century sanitized view of the old west. The acting is good though not spectacular however the writing carries you into the story as does the cinematography. Jeff Bridges as U.S. Marshal Reuben J. "Rooster" Cogburn is very good as is Matt Damon as Texas Ranger LaBoeuf. Hailee Steinfeld as Mattie Ross is passable though a bit unemotional considering what she is going through. The best character work however comes from the all the small parts. The supporting actors all felt like they had been scooped out of the wild west and plunked down in the movie.

Apparently it holds a lot closer to the book than the John Wayne movie did and to be honest I don’t remember the John Wayne version very well.
    Game - BIOSTAR TA785 A2+ / Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 125W / Patroit 8GB DDR2 800 CAS 4 Timing: 4-4-4-12 / Sapphire HD 6870 1GB / Antec Three Hundred Case / PC Power & Cooling S61EPS 610W / X-Fi XtremeGamer / Western Digital 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s /Windows Vista home premium 64 SP1

Back up - Biostar 6100-939 / A64 3800 Venice(Stock 2.4) / 1.5 GB Corsair XMS 3200 / HD3870

I Am Legend

Spoiler!

I went for something a bit educational tonight. I started watching "When we left Earth" which is a Discovery series on the first US space missions. I never got around to catching it while it was on Discovery and so far I'm really enjoying it. It's sad in a way though. This country must have really been an incredible, super optimistic place to be back in the 60's. How times have changed.

Just got finished with Shutter Island...... good movie.

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinC939 View Post
    Just got finished with Shutter Island...... good movie.
    Agree.

We just watched "The Informant" with Matt Damon last night. Was not impressed, predictable plot. Damon was cast in a role he wasn't suited for.
    **left this site 01/29/11

My daughter just loaned me “The Terminal” with Tom Hanks. She says it’s her favorite Tom Hanks Movie of all time. Probably watch it tonight.
    Game - BIOSTAR TA785 A2+ / Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 125W / Patroit 8GB DDR2 800 CAS 4 Timing: 4-4-4-12 / Sapphire HD 6870 1GB / Antec Three Hundred Case / PC Power & Cooling S61EPS 610W / X-Fi XtremeGamer / Western Digital 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s /Windows Vista home premium 64 SP1

Back up - Biostar 6100-939 / A64 3800 Venice(Stock 2.4) / 1.5 GB Corsair XMS 3200 / HD3870

^^^I always wanted to see that one, but never did. I may have to look for it next time I'm at the video store.

Just finished watching "Frozen", better than I was expecting a movie about 3 kids stuck on a ski lift was gonna be.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmeat69 View Post
    Just finished watching "Frozen", better than I was expecting a movie about 3 kids stuck on a ski lift was gonna be.
    Now THERE"S a coincidence! Just finished "Frozen" 5 minutes ago. Decent horrifying indie flick, but totally believable. It could easily happen. As a youth I worked as a "snowmaker" at a ski resort one season. Hunter Mountain in Greene County, NY.

And I just got done watching a Tom Hanks movie.. 'The Burbs' what a classic.

The terminal is good also

Quote Originally Posted by frogmeat69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by game4ever View Post
    Now THERE"S a coincidence! Just finished "Frozen" 5 minutes ago. Decent horrifying indie flick, but totally believable. It could easily happen. As a youth I worked as a "snowmaker" at a ski resort one season. Hunter Mountain in Greene County, NY.
    "Frozen". Ugh. One of the worst movies I've ever seen. My wife still won't let me down for having her watch it with me. The wolves scene was especially amusing as there are no wolves in New England. Lol, I was expecting El Chupacabra to come strolling out of the woods next. Hey why not if there are ravenous packs of wolves lurking around ski lifts in New England no less for idiots to fall off of ski lifts after hours only of course. Oh and make sure to only throw stuff at the snow cat driver when he's backing up and can't see what it is that's hitting his vehicle. He'll think it's those darn wolves again!

Sorry, but as someone who's skied quite a bit in Colorado, I found this film to be utterly ridiculous and completely unrealistic at best.

Quote Originally Posted by grimmster View Post
    And I just got done watching a Tom Hanks movie.. 'The Burbs' what a classic.

The terminal is good also
    The Burbs' is one of my all time favorites. So many great lines in it. "Hey Pinocchio! Where are YOU going?"

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    The wolves scene was especially amusing as there are no wolves in New England. .
    There are large coyotes in New york, not sure about New England.

http://www.esf.edu/pubprog/brochure/coyote/coyote.htm

I've been stranded on a ski lift for 5 hours, that was bad enough.
    Last edited by game4ever; 01-12-2011 at 04:01 AM.