Thread: (X).0 speakers

(X).0 speakers

Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. So i just bought a bunch of parts and are in the mail and me and my friend plan on putting my computer together. With this new computer upgrade i also wanted to upgrade my speaker set-up.I have been using really high fidelity high fidelity headphones for awhile now (Denon Ah-D7000's plugged into a nuforce Icon HDP amp/dac) but there are occasions where i could use some at least decent speakers but i don't have any. One problem i have is that i don't have any room under my desk because that is where my tower is placed so i need a strictly top of the desk set-up. I was looking at KRK studio monitors but they seem to be a bit of a hassle and would take up a lot of space though they would fit. I mostly listen to Electronica, Drum n' bass, Dubstep, Indie, and Alternative. I also need to know if it would be better to plug my speakers into my headphone amp(if possible) or my sound card(links below). So basically i can have as many speakers as i need on top of my desk and possibly mounted on the walls I just have no room for a separate sub-woofer under me and i need some decent quality speakers. I have a budget of around 300$ or less. Thank you for reading

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-014-_-Product

http://www.amazon.com/NuForce-High-e.../dp/B00370OIYE

Re: (X).0 speakers

Really like my M-Audio AV40's, Audioengine are also very highly recommended. Both are self-powered, and although they are not small, there is no sub-module to futz with.

So it appears that I'm getting a desk that will be able to fit something under it so now really I just need to know what speakers would work best for that price.

Happy with my Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker - now you have room for the SW.
    the Britgeezer

My Heat otherwise a smoke free home

Ya the logitechs are probbly the best bang for the buck.
    Foxx

Hot deals trading rules
    rig
    950 i7 core,evga ftw3 mobo,3x2 gigpc12000,1xevga480, 4 x 74 g raptors, 2- 500gb seagates,46inch lcd monitor max res 1920\1080,obsidian 800d

I'm finishing my review of the Corsair SP2500 2.1 speaker system. Really impressive unit, especially if you have a taste for great audio.

Were you looking for a higher end solution or just some half decent computer speakers that would improve the sound quality.

These will need an external amp to power them however they are very nice speakers and if you get last years model(RC-Mini) you should be able to get them for $350/pair.
    http://www.energy-speakers.com/na-en...mini-overview/
    Last edited by Petden; 02-09-2011 at 11:15 AM.