Intel DG31PR - BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI Compliant

Hi everyone! I learned about this forum looking for a solution to my problem in Google.

I recently tried to install Windows 7 and right after the DVD loads the neccesary files, a blue screen appears saying that "BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI Compliant".

I've reanding some threads in this forum about people who had the same problem but I couldnt solve mine with the solutions provided to them.

My motherboar is an Intel DG31PR. To being with, I tried disabling APM in BIOS (as recommended to people with a different mobo) but that option doesn't exist in my BIOS. Also, I tried disabling Legacy USB support but that didn't work. Finally, I tried restoring the optimal default BIOS config but it didn't work either.

Despite all this I could make Win7 work but not in the way I would like. My specs are:

Intel DG31PR
    Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 2,2Ghz
    2 x2GB Kingston DDR2 800Mhz
    XFX Geforce 8600GT

What I did was to remove one of the memory sticks and by doing that I could install and use Win 7 perfectly. The problem is that when I "re-plug" the second stick that lovely blue screen would appear again just before the computer starts loading the system. I'm sure both RAM memory sticks work perfectly as I tested them several times. Also I'm sure both slots work fine.

Basically my problem is that I can only use Windows 7 as long as I use only one RAM memory slot (the mobo just have 2 slots).

So is there anything I can do to be able to use both slots? Thanks in advance!

Re: Intel DG31PR - BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI Compliant

Wow 60 views and no replies.. how disappointing! :P
    Just kidding!

Let me tell you some new developments:

As I said, I have 2 RAM sticks of 2 GB each. On another PC I have two other sticks but of 1 GB each. All of them are DDR2 800 Mhz.

Also as I said, I am using just one stick of 2GB because I thought I could only use one slot. However, I decided to try the two 1 GB sticks (occupying both slots on the mobo) and it worked! Then I tried one 2 GB stick combined with one of 1 GB and it worked too! Unfortunately when I tried again to use the two 2 GB sticks the blue window pop-up again.

It seems then that the problem is I cant use 4 GB although my mobo is supposed to support them. May it be related to a voltage issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Sansire View Post
    Hi everyone! I learned about this forum looking for a solution to my problem in Google.

Intel DG31PR
    Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 2,2Ghz
    2 x2GB Kingston DDR2 800Mhz
    XFX Geforce 8600GT

What I did was to remove one of the memory sticks and by doing that I could install and use Win 7 perfectly. The problem is that when I "re-plug" the second stick that lovely blue screen would appear again just before the computer starts loading the system. I'm sure both RAM memory sticks work perfectly as I tested them several times. Also I'm sure both slots work fine.

Basically my problem is that I can only use Windows 7 as long as I use only one RAM memory slot (the mobo just have 2 slots).

So is there anything I can do to be able to use both slots? Thanks in advance!
    Welcome to the forums

How exactly did you test the memory?

If you haven't done so yet, I'd try memtest

I just tested them one by one and the computer worked fine. I supposed that if the sticks were damaged the PC wont start or wont work properly.

Anyways have just used Memtest and both are fine.

same problem . but after i update to latest bios . problem solve