Unhappy Onboard ethernet not showing up in device manager

Hello!

I'm a newbie to this forum and would like some assistance with my onboard ethernet.

I have a K8Triton series nForce4 Mobo and it has a internal peripheral MAC LAN thing which is set on automatic which enables the LAN ROM however this device doesnt appear when i check in device management and I have no yellow exclamation marks :/

What's more worrying is that all the drivers that came in the nForce4 series utility CD have all been installed - this includes the nVIDIA Ethernet Driver.

I've tried accessing nVIDIA ForceWare Network Access Manager to see if I could fix my problem but i repeatedly receive the the notice ' NVIDIA Hardware/Driver not found.'

I'm currently operating on Windows xp 32 home edition and have about 1gb of RAM.

If anyone can help, please! - I'd really like my internet back :/

Re: Onboard ethernet not showing up in device manager

Uninstall NAM, never did work right. Make sure Ethernet is enabled in BIOS (turn off Lan boot etc)

edit, do you have a realtec (not sound) or other chip on that board? Uninstall the nVidia driver as well and see if windows auto detects another ethernet chip.
    Last edited by TheGlasMan; 01-10-2011 at 12:31 PM.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

thanks for the quick response!

I didn't manage to install NAM due to the software not being able to detect Nvidia hardware/driver so theres no need to uninstall it

I've downloaded the ethernet driver countless times from the nvidia utility cd and in addition im positive that the MAC LAN is on [AUTO] which naturally enables the LAN ROM however i still havent got access to the internet nor is the integrated ethernet device on the device manager :/

I don't have any other cards or chips which support networking but i suspect that the onboard device has busted so i'll be switching over to a network card which will hopefully work

will be back to post an update on whether it'll succeed.. or not

Quote Originally Posted by TheGlasMan View Post
    Uninstall NAM, never did work right. Make sure Ethernet is enabled in BIOS (turn off Lan boot etc)

edit, do you have a realtec (not sound) or other chip on that board? Uninstall the nVidia driver as well and see if windows auto detects another ethernet chip.
    turn off LAN BOOT? don't i need it enabled?

ive got a realtec netword card which ill be testing in afew hours time but its not currently attached to the mobo - is it strange that the nvidia driver doesnt have a size? furthermore, NAM didn't even detect its existence :S

What could this all possibly mean?

does device manager show that the lan is working properly,,,,,if not, could be bad lan chip
    #1-i5-3570k -asus sabertooth p67- msi r9-270x
    #2-amd phenom II x6 1100T-asus M5A97-evga gtx 470
    #3-amd phenom II x2 560 (4 cores enabled) -BIOSTAR TA880GB -evga gtx 260
    #4-amd fx-6300- GA-990FXA-UD3-gigabyte gtx-660 oconboard graphics
    #5-dell inspiron 1520-8600 gt

I've just attached both a realtec network card and a wireless d-link card but both of which aren't being picked up by windows and don't seem to exist in device manager. What am I doing wrong? Both attachments have their green lights on so where is the chemistry?

The d-link wireless utility keeps closing whenever I try accessing it

Onboard ethernet not showing up in device manager

I have the same problem, my ethernet device is not showing in the device manager which is on board.I have Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz using windows 7 64 bit.System model is VG071AA-UUW m9789sc.Please help me out.