Newegg is still my fav online vendor

Was skimming their site the day after I received my Samsung HDTV + Samsung blu ray player from them (this past Saturday).

I happened to notice they were giving away a Samsung wireless adapter ($79 item) with the purchase of the same TV I had just bought. I bought the particular Sammy blu ray player because it HAD built in wireless lan, and I needed that to access Samsung apps (Netflix, facebook, VuDu, Twitter, etc)...

I called and said I was disappointed they were giving away a free item with that tv the day AFTER I got mine! They decided to send it to me free anyway.

Even though I don't need it I appreciate it, maybe I can sell it. Doubt I'll open it.
    **left this site 01/29/11

Re: Newegg is still my fav online vendor

Quote Originally Posted by game4ever View Post
    Was skimming their site the day after I received my Samsung HDTV + Samsung blu ray player from them (this past Saturday).

I happened to notice they were giving away a Samsung wireless adapter ($79 item) with the purchase of the same TV I had just bought. I bought the particular Sammy blu ray player because it HAD built in wireless lan, and I needed that to access Samsung apps (Netflix, facebook, VuDu, Twitter, etc)...

I called and said I was disappointed they were giving away a free item with that tv the day AFTER I got mine! They decided to send it to me free anyway.

Even though I don't need it I appreciate it, maybe I can sell it. Doubt I'll open it.
    Cool. I've heard of Newegg doing that kind of thing before. My new Samsung plasma doesn't have built in apps, but it is wifi capable with that adapter. I have no need for the apps as I have a PS3 but I thought I might buy a wireless adapter if they were cheap enough, maybe make doing a firmware update easier or transfer pictures from the pc without using a thumb drive. Then I saw the prices and changed my mind. You should Ebay it. They seem to go for at least $40 and up.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

Some stores do similar things to that around here. Last year before Christmas I bought my niece some lamps for her new apartment at Canadian Tire. Then the week prior to Christmas they went on sale 50% off! Brought in the receipt and my debit card, and had my cash back within 5 min!

Good to hear that the Egg does something similar. I assume they did free shipping as well? Hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Spankin Partier View Post

Good to hear that the Egg does something similar. I assume they did free shipping as well? Hope so.
    Ya, FREE shipping. After I research reviews for a few weeks I wait till I see FREE shipping being offered on large ticket items.

**left this site 01/29/11

Some stores do similar things to that around here. Last year before Christmas I bought my niece some lamps for her new apartment at Canadian Tire. Then the week prior to Christmas they went on sale 50% off! Brought in the receipt and my debit card, and had my cash back within 5 min!

You bought your niece lamps...at a tire store?
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

I ordered the wrong item once...They gave me a full refund and let me keep the item....The egg rules.

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    You bought your niece lamps...at a tire store?
    Lol! I can see how that puzzled you. Their moto years ago was "There is a lot more to Canadian Tire than tires." But now they known for their their tools, automotive supplies, hardware, and housewares, fuel, oh and of course tires too.

I honestly don't believe there's a city in Canada that does not have a CT store. They are absolutely huge here. But no matter how they tried, they could never break into the American market.

http://www.canadiantire.ca
    Last edited by Spankin Partier; 01-18-2011 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Found their actual moto

I honestly don't believe there's a city in Canada that does not have a CT store. They are absolutely huge here. But no matter how they tried, they could never break into the American market.
    The name probably has something to do with it!

Quote Originally Posted by ai5000 View Post
    The name probably has something to do with it!
    FRH
    If more sane people were armed the crazy ones would get off fewer shots.

Win 7 Premium SP1 / MX 15 KDE / MEPIS 11

Being that I live on the U.S.-Canada border,I know the store and I will agree that Canadian Tire is a great store for more than just tires.

Yeah it's a lot easier for an American company to branch into Canada with an American name than a Canadian company to branch into the US with a Canadian name...

For proof just look at American Eagle, American Apparel... ... and The Lightning Round.

As for Canadian Tire -- the ones around where expanded to even a surprising amount of food... and I don't mean snacks you take fishing or hunting (though that was once true and there's still plenty of that).

The store itself kind-of went from Automotive -- added tools -- added hunting and fishing and camping -- added home appliances -- added DIY supplies -- add a lil' garden stuff -- add food (not necessarily in that order -- but a general idea).

Now they're basically a testosterone frankenstein.
    Last edited by Phopojijo; 01-20-2011 at 09:20 PM.