Thread: Dell ?

Dell ?

My dad has an Dell Optiplex Gx270. And the heatsink and fan, The fan is going out. But with it being a micro short case. What do you all think what type of heatsink and fan can i replace with. the fan look like a blower motor with a fin heading tolds the back.

Re: Dell ?

Think I found something. It is a known issue that this series been having since day one. That the fan will go fast to the point that it sounds like its about to break. I think its time for my dad to upgrade. Not sure yet. I am going to look into it more. But any idea's will be welcome.

Yeah, if the fan spins up really fast, that means the PWM controller on the motherboard is shot. If the PC works fine the way it is, and if he can live with the noise, then there's no problem in keeping it. Otherwise, if he's bothered by the noise then I'd upgrade the PC all together.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter256 View Post
    Yeah, if the fan spins up really fast, that means the PWM controller on the motherboard is shot. If the PC works fine the way it is, and if he can live with the noise, then there's no problem in keeping it. Otherwise, if he's bothered by the noise then I'd upgrade the PC all together.
    Is there a way to bypass it. What if i hocked up a fan adapter and plug it into the PSU.

there is no easy way to bypass this and nearly fans power offthe motherboard so i dont think this will work

Quote Originally Posted by johnbwickham View Post
    there is no easy way to bypass this and nearly fans power offthe motherboard so i dont think this will work
    Well I bypassed the fan with a $1.50 adapter to plug it into the PSU. Its working but it is a temp fixed until the replacement computer gets here.