GTX 460 mini HDMI no audio

got a galaxy GTX 460 GC 768MB and card works great for games when using my headphones but i also use it to watch movies on my pc and have the audio come out of the TV with the hdmi(on old card) and planned to do the same with this card(mini hdmi) but the audio isnt working and ive been looking all around for fixs havent seen 1 ive also been looking around to download the latest nvidia audio drivers but cant find them i have realtek audio and it seems that that is what the problem is the drivers r conflicting right now when i update my nvidia driver no sound from hdmi if i update the realtek drivers my TV doesnt show up and work as a second monitor

Re: GTX 460 mini HDMI no audio

you have changed the default playback device right ?

yup ive tried them my top one says my tv model number and nvidia hd audio or whatever and it doesnt work

What version of the nvidia drivers are you using ?

i first tired the latest galaxy drivers 260.89 then i went and got the latest nvidia drivers because i thought that maybe that was it and i got the nvidia 266.58 drivers

Quote Originally Posted by dstorm View Post
    i first tired the latest galaxy drivers 260.89 then i went and got the latest nvidia drivers because i thought that maybe that was it and i got the nvidia 266.58 drivers
    Clean install ?

What OS ?

yep i always do a clean install and vista 32bit

have you tried the spidif pass through i know it sounds wierd but i have to set mine[asus xonar] either to spidif[even tho i dont have a spidif cable] out for certian players like winamp or if im watching a movie thats recorded in 2channel for surround , or the speakers setting for uncompressed 5.1-7.1 if its recorded that way.I have my monitor one running off dvi and MONITOR two runs hdmi from vidio card out to sound card in,sound card out to amp in amp out to tv and without the tv or amp on there is no sound.it gives me other options like my amp and tv as playback devices but if those are selected it does nothing no sound.
    Foxx

Hot deals trading rules
    rig
    950 i7 core,evga ftw3 mobo,3x2 gigpc12000,1xevga480, 4 x 74 g raptors, 2- 500gb seagates,46inch lcd monitor max res 1920\1080,obsidian 800d

the problem isnt even with a player ill try what ur saying but i cant even get windows to make the ding when i turn my sound up ill try a few players tho

any ideas any1?

I have problems with my gtx570 through hdmi..nvidia has yet to get hdmi down just right. Especially over scan but thats a diff topic.

Was your old card ati? If so thats why you didnt have any issues with hdmi.

With my gtx570 there are only one set of drivers that will properly display on my screen. Maybe you should give them a shot for your sound as well. I know it works on mine. They are the 263.09 drivers.

Also, make sure your sound output is enabled in your nvidia control panel.

no my last card was a geforce 210 and had no problem with the hdmi i didnt even have to set it up i never knew it worked and then 1 day the volume on the tv was up and my speakers were off and i heard it

so yesterday i signed on skype and the sound started coming out of my tv and it popped up saying it found a new audio device and it was my tv with nvidia drivers idk if there was a update or if it just randomly started warking lol