Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Video card companies

I really just buy whatevers cheapest for the model I want, or has the best package deal at the time on newegg. Ive never had a horror story with any brand. Ive owned XFX, eVGA, MSI, Zotac, Gainward, Asus, ATI, Sapphire, and Powercolour before. No issues with any of em.

I only worry about brand with mobos, memory, and PSUs.

I've always had good luck with eVGA video cards. Especially their customer service, although this trend of going to shorter warranty's I'm not impressed with. XFX, not bad either, but their customer service...from my experience has been sub-par although their double warranty is a plus on re-sale.

Best,

Liquid Cool

as for th warranty, i just laugh when they state life time warranty....whoever keeps a card that long....

agree with above post, i would not be as worried with video cards as with other hardware...power supplys is one area i really look closely at the reviews...big differences in power supplys...buy a cheap one, and thats what you got
    #1-i5-4690k-msi z97 gaming 5- msi gtx 1060 6gb- lg ud 68 4k monitor
    #2-amd phenom II x6 1100T-gigabyte 990fxa ud3-xfx 480 4gb- asus pb 278 2k moitor
    #3-i5-2400- biostar tzz77-msi 480 4gb- asus vx24a 2k monitor
    #4-dell inspiron 1520-8600 gt

I had a EVGA 7800GT that ran massively overclocked for 5 years, never missed a beat. I bet if i pop it in right now. It runs at its old OC and has no issues.

That being said, im partial to EVGA and now ASUS.

XFX is always good too.

I always XFX was pretty good. The 8800GT I have is them, but its starting to bluescreen I think that was an architecture problem though.