Page 49 of 59 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Re: Unions Federal, State & whats left of the private sector...

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    Watch the democrats play circular firing squad tomorrow. You can bet the Obama campaign will be downplaying this one big time.
    I'm watching Twitter. Some lefties are calling Obama a "political genius" for staying far away from Wisconsin, while others are blaming him for not coming to the state.

As far as the election, I don't really know what to say. I'm literally speechless. For 14 months, the public employee unions and their constant bitching has been an omnipresence here in the Wisconsin groupthink. I really can't fathom the idea that it resolved itself the way I wanted.

Here's what I think happened - the unions overplayed their hands. Having the Dem state senators leave the state, the massive rallies at the capital building, the constant harassment of Walker at the State Fair or Special Olympics - Big Labor completely overplayed their hands and alienated the whole state. Case in point, I have an apolitical aunt and cousin who have never voted in their life, but they voted for Walker because of the antics of those who were opposed to him.

The liberal talking points will be about how Walker allegedly outspent Barrett 7-to-1. This is a fallacy, because that doesn't count union spending. Sure, Barrett's own campaign was a pitiful affair, but us Wisconsin citizens have been beat over the head the past 14 months with advertising from Big Labor. WEAC, the NEA, AFCSME, the AFL-CIO, the firefighters, and the machinist union at Harley all spent a FORTUNE on the election. That money is counted as regular union activities and is not moderated by campaign finance laws. Don't let BD and whatever the other liberals have to say fool you - the spending in this election was a lot closer than it may seem.

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    Al ready watching the bamma surrogates "it dun mean nuthin' " chorus for the last hour. ya.. sure it dosen't. Hilarious!
    I heard on Twitter that Lawrence O'Donnell went on his show on MSNBC and barely mentioned the recall election. Heh heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    I really can't fathom the idea that it resolved itself the way I wanted.
    Every once in awhile, things go the right way.

Here's a cold beer for ya... I know you've been in this fight from the start and I'm tippin' one just for you.

Enjoy it. You had a hand in it from the get-go.

Thanks, Dutch. I think I'll crack a beer too.

Thanks, Dutch. I think I'll crack a beer too.
    I cracked two... it was indeed a good night. Here's a nightcap for ya..

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Oh god. Let's cry over Big Labor's failed attempts to recall a governor who gave local communities greater control over how much they want to compensate public employees. Boo-hoo.

See, they're already making a big deal about the money issue when the "$39 million vs. $3.9 million" number or whatever one they're using completely discounts the money that unions spent in the state. It's just flat out lying.

And besides, what if Walker did spend more? Let's remember what happened in California with Whitman vs. Brown. Didn't Whitman spend all her eBay money on that election? Something like $140 million? And she still lost? Despite all the rhetoric about money and the Koch brothers, money doesn't buy votes. It's still 1 person - 1 vote. These union activists completely alienated the whole state with their extreme activism the past 14 months.

Besides, these lefties who are crying about the money Walker raised will surely be opening their pocket books for Obama, who was (I'll remind you all) at one time forecasted to raise $1 billion for the 2012 presidential election. So, it's okay that Obama can raise a shit-ton of money, but not Walker?

Of course, I think some won't, because some Wisconsin Dems on Twitter seem to be quite butt-hurt by Obama's decision to cut and run from Wisconsin. Exit polls say something like 13% of Obama supporters voted Walker. I don't know if Obama would have helped. I think Walker's victory comes down to a few things:

1 - Some people think public employees should have to contribute to their health care and pension benefits.
    2 - Some people were alienated by the antics of the unions and the left as a whole (including harassing Scott Walker at the opening ceremony of the WI State Fair and harassing him at the Wisconsin branch of the Special Olympics - nonpolitical events).
    3 - Some people think that recalls shouldn't be used to recall a sitting politician because of a poor public policy decision.

Great tweet I saw from somebody who writes for one of the Brietbart website:

"Dems claiming that Walker and his $9,999 Trillion war chest beat the Barrett and the unions with their 1 schilling."

That's pretty much how they're trying to frame the loss. The talking point about "Walker outspending Barrett" started appearing on Twitter about an hour after the polls closed. I saw Dem strategist Paul Begala use it too (which is odd, considering that Begala comes from the national Democratic machine which abandoned Barrett), so I'm wondering if it comes from the national Dem party.

It's so dishonest because Begala knows as well as anybody that Big Labor spent a fortune in Wisconsin advertising against Walker. Money that was, I'll repeat, considered apart of normal union activities and not expenditures.

It's so funny that the Dems are refusing to acknowledge that Big Labor played a role in money/advertising against Wisconsin. It would be like if I refused to admit that Walker had support from national Tea Party groups and some rich people. Yes, Walker raised out of state money, some from national Tea Party groups and some from rich people (Koch brothers, John Menard, Diane Hendricks, etc.).

I would love to see an independent non-biased group or university do a study on how much was spent in Wisconsin on the recall effort. I would bet a beer on the unions spending more on the effort than Walker. I mean, they've been running ads since last February when this all blew up. That's 14 months of political advertising across the entire state, every newspaper, TV channel and radio station. Plus, all the out-of-state paid political activists.

Now that Walker's won, I can say this, but all this money being spent on the recall is probably good for Wisconsin. As somebody who works in a field dependent on advertising, I can just imagine what kind of media buys the advertising departments on the Milwaukee, Madison and Green Bay TV stations were getting over the past 14 months.

Local conservative talk radio said something similar - although this whole recall thing has been hell for all of us conservatives for having to put up with the extreme activism of the left, the ratings for Milwaukee's two conservative AM talk radio stations have never been higher. In fact, they first skyrocketed when the teachers started acting like baboons outside of the State Capitol. Some food for thought when you're thinking about the wide margin of Walker's victory tonight.
    Last edited by Keven; 06-06-2012 at 04:30 AM.

As for spending, the union dropped something to the tune of $20M last year if I recall correctly (MSJ had an article on it). This year? Not so much, me thinks. As I posted elsewhere, the union leaders may have a bad case of group think (afflicts both parties), but they're not completely stupid. They didn't think they could win this one, and though they still spent on the recall of Walker they didn't come whole hog. The more sensible play was to save that money for this fall's Presidential election. Based on last night, they just might need it. . .

Pointing to Walker's massive edge in direct contributions as the reason for this loss is not wise, IMHO. Doing so allows the losing side to falsely believe it had nothing to do with the trend line of salary + benefits costs of PEU workers, and to falsely believe the rest of us are too daft to look at the budgetary history of Wisconsin over the past decade.

Yeah, Walker's handling of the budget and PEUs was as tactless as you can get, but every bit as warranted and necessary as it was tactless. Those of us *not* reliant on the public dime, as evidenced by last night's results, are able to get past the boorish manner in which Walker got things done and focus on the results.

Is this an indicator for the rest of the nation? I'd like to think so, but for the moment I doubt it. I tend to see this as little more than the pendulum finally swaying back from whence it came. For a time the total package of PEU employees rose far faster than the rest of us schmucks, propelled onward by unusually high increases in their packages combined with a broad contraction of heavy manufacturing in the state. Walker instituted a step change to the trend, and overnight readjusted the balance. Harsh and painful, sure, but also overdue.

Only time will tell if this reaches beyond Wisconsin, or even how long it'll last here.

^^^

Big Labor Recall Total to Exceed $20 Million

Plus a lil reminder of what the Messiah hauled in the last election. Hundreds of millions which are still from unaccounted for sources.

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post

Plus a lil reminder of what the Messiah hauled in the last election. Hundreds of millions which are still from unaccounted for sources.
    I have it on fairly good authority that the Romney war chest (yes, PACs included) will exceed two b-b-b-billion dollars.

I think we'll see Obambi out maneuvered financially this election season.

Well, Obama has been the most anti-Israel US president in history, so I'm not surprised that some of his Jewish supporters may be deciding to keep their pocket books closed this election.

I'm hearing all sorts of numbers for union political activities during the WI recall. Some are saying they spent $20 million like Scoot and Media Trackers. Right-wing talk radio said today it was closer to $40 million. Like that chart that Scooter posted shows, it wasn't just the unions directly organizing these political activities. They created shell groups like "We Are Wisconsin" and "Wisconsin Jobs Now" that were bankrolled by the unions and run by extremist moron activists like Jeremy "Segway" Ryan and Miles "Pink Dress" Kristan.

^^^ Facts be damned... the chorus from the left is Walker bought the election by having a 7x $$ advantage. Where the libtards are pulling that number from I have no idea, nor do I care. It's simply not true and at this point it makes no difference what narrative they are trying to spin.

The public unions pulled far too much bullsh*t for far too long. They are completely tone deaf. Now that they are bankrupting cities and states across the country in a downturn the politicians they voted for created the reaping is here. Even in San Diego and San Jose CA the union pension hay day is over. People are sick to death of hearing about union douchebags getting paid substantially more than their private sector counterparts and retiring at 45~50 with 95% of their last years salary and benefits for the rest of their lives that they paid not a red f*cking cent out of pocket for! It's insanity that is going to end soon. Especially seeing the dramatic drops in WI union membership once the state stopped collecting dues for them. More states need to do this as well as it's BS from go. Collect your own damn fee's/dues... they ain't taxes and should not be treated as such.

-The Gipper

Yep, it's pretty simple. What Walker and the Republicans did in Wisconsin is the blueprint to fix every ailing state's budget - public employee benefits. I know that New York, Illinois and California all have issues beyond the public employee benefits, but if they restricted the lavish benefits that public employees were given, it would be a start.

Great anonymous open letter to Wisconsin liberals. I don't know who wrote it, but it's making the rounds and it's pretty good:

To all leftists, occupiers, unionistas and malcontents:

Thank you! What an election! We couldn’t have done it without you. Without your tantrums, outbursts and boorish behavior we might have stayed home for this election. Without your filthy, pot smoking hemp-headed minions occupying and violating the Capitol we might have been complacent. Without your obnoxious protests, boycotts and other actions from your union playbook, we might have sat this one out.

But you couldn’t hold back. You couldn’t restrain yourselves and behave like adults. You couldn’t accept the 2010 election results. We sat and watched as you erupted in a juvenile hissy fit that embarrassed Wisconsin. The spectacle you created is what motivated us. And thanks to your ill-mannered behavior, we won. We turned out. Big time! And now we are organized and energized. Committed. “All in.”

And we aren’t going away. We now have our own organizations (no dues required), an army of volunteers and the means to communicate. And countless new sources of funding, including a donor base from all 50 states. And we have “i verify the recall” to ferret out your infiltrators in our future local elections.

So thank you Mike Tate, Graeme Zielinski, Fred “Loonie” Levenhagen, Ismael Ozanne, Maryanne Sumi, Noble Ray, Charles Tubbs, Joanne Kloppenberg, Segway Boy, John Chisolm, public employee union members, UW TA’s, WEAC, SEIU, MTI, AFSCME Council 24 in Union Grove and WI prison guards,. Thanks for the death threats, the intimidation, the bullying, belligerence, thuggery and goonish behavior. The lack of ethics and the failure to enforce rules and laws. Thank you for putting your selfish, greedy motives on display for all taxpayers to see.

Your antics might have made you feel good but they didn’t make you look good. They sickened the rest of us.

Thank you Shirley Abrahamson and Ann Walsh Bradley. Your petty politics woke us up. Thanks you Miles Kristan for dumping the beer on Robin Vos’s head. Thank you University doctors for writing the phony excuses; Madison teachers for calling in sick or dragging your students to the protests without permission.

Thank you Katherine Windels for making death threats against the Governor. The noontime capitol singers who taunted Sheboygan high school students. Thank you WEA Trust for raping Wisconsin taxpayers. Thank you Gwen Moore for your embarrassing minstrel show. And thanks all of you for harassing the Walker family at their private home.

You have all been exposed. Your tactics have been rejected. Your bad behavior has been forever captured on You Tube.

Thank you Peter Barca and fellow Assembly members for donning your foolish orange T-shirts and screaming “shame” at legislators just doing their jobs.

Thank you Mark Miller and all 14 senators for fleeing the state and making fools of yourselves in the process. Illinois needs a few more village idiots. Thanks for showing us what democracy doesn’t look like.

And Mayor Barrett. How grateful we are that you chose one low road after another in your issue-less campaign against the Governor. This was your strike three. You are out. Take a seat on the bench and stay there. I have a hunch this was your final at-bat.

All of you helped turn Wisconsin permanently red. Your Governor, Scott Walker, will not just complete his first term, he is all but assured as many future terms as he seeks. He will be your governor for a long, long time. Get used to it. And his national “rock star” status just might lead him to be your President some day. Just think, it couldn’t have happened without you! So to all of you blue fisters, thank you from the bottom of my happy, red heart.

Sincerely,

A Wisconsin taxpayer

Great anonymous open letter to Wisconsin liberals. I don't know who wrote it, but it's making the rounds and it's pretty good:
    Comon' Kev... go ahead and take credit for your work.

-The Gipper