Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Re: Unions Federal, State & whats left of the private sector...

Quote Originally Posted by falcon_view View Post
    Oh, I don't know. Why don't you go back to your's and scooter's first posts on Economic News/Discussion and tell me how that turned out.....
    No thanks.

If you have a problem with something in the Economic News/Discussion thread, I'd suggest you address it there, instead of in a different thread responding to a post that didn't have jack sheet to do with you.

I'm not interested in your snipe hunt.

Tensions are high here in Wisconsin.

One of my aunts is a teacher and is active in the union. She de-friended me and all other family members who voiced support for Governor Walker via Facebook. Oh no, the drama!

Wisconsin's budget battle, tearing families apart!

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post

One of my aunts is a teacher and is active in the union. She de-friended me and all other family members who voiced support for Governor Walker via Facebook. Oh no, the drama!

Damn Republicans!
    Brian

Maybe she can adopt some of those students the unions have been bringing along to the protests with them.

Change:

48% Back GOP Governor in Wisconsin Spat, 38% Side With Unions

&

Graham: ‘There was a referendum on this issue and the unions lost’

&

Pass...

Walker (Still) Holds His Ground, Won’t Back Deal

Over at Developing, Katrina Trinko notes that Wisconsin state Sen. Dale Schultz, a moderate Republican, is trying to craft a deal with the public-sector unions that would temporarily eliminate collective bargaining. On MSNBC’s Daily Rundown this morning, Gov. Scott Walker (R., Wis.) rejected the idea. “No,” he said. “We can’t do a short-term fix.” GOP senators, he added, remain supportive of his budget plan.

More from the Wall Street Journal:

Even if moderate Republicans did move to support Mr. Schultz’s proposal, it is not clear that Democrats would accept it. On Sunday, Democratic senators emphasized that the elimination of bargaining rights should be taken off the table all together since the state’s public sector unions have accepted the governor’s concessions on increase pension and healthcare contributions to repair the current budget addressed by Mr. Walker’s bill.

Several senators also said a compromise on the bill that would sunset the collective bargaining provisions in 2013 would not be acceptable to Democrats. One reason is that Republicans will likely still be in control of both the state senate and assembly and simply extend the provisions. But a bigger reason, according to several senators, is that unions have already agreed to fix the fiscal issues.
    UPDATE: In an interview with ABC News, Walker tells George Stephanopoulos that if the 14 state senators return, “we’d gladly talk to them.” But he is not ready to give an inch. “The bottom line is we are trying to balance our budget and there really is no room to negotiate on that because we’re broke,” he says.
    Last edited by AMDScooter; 02-21-2011 at 04:11 PM.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Did you guys see this?

Local talk radio has figured out who this guy his. He's a 8th grade teacher here in Hartland, WI (suburban Milwaukee). Meet Fred Levenhagen.

Is this baboon the type of guy you want teaching your kids?

^^^^

Repeat

Fred lies
    Fred lies
    Fred lies
    Fred lies
    Fred lies
    Fred lies
    Fred lies
    Fred lies
    Fred lies
    Fred lies

And he might wanna reconsider using one of those phony doctors notices...

UW Health investigates doctors who wrote sick notes for protesters

In other WI union "news"..

^^^

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    And he might wanna reconsider using one of those phony doctors notices...
    Yeah, that makes me mad.

On Saturday night, one of the Fox News producers got one of those phony doctor's notes and it had a REAL MEDICAL LICENSE NUMBER ON IT!

The Wisconsin Medical Examining Board NEEDS to revoke all those licenses. Politics aside, that really pisses me off that doctors are writing fake notes.

If a doctor is willing to lie about this, what else are they willing to lie about? Will they write fake prescriptions? That really makes me mad.

Yeah, that makes me mad.

On Saturday night, one of the Fox News producers got one of those phony doctor's notes and it had a REAL MEDICAL LICENSE NUMBER ON IT!

The Wisconsin Medical Examining Board NEEDS to revoke all those licenses. Politics aside, that really pisses me off that doctors are writing fake notes.

If a doctor is willing to lie about this, what else are they willing to lie about? Will they write fake prescriptions? That really makes me mad.
    Even the highly partisan hacks at TA cannot believe what is occurring...

Wisconsin's Real Doctors and Their Fake Sick Notes for Protesters

. . .

After viewing the videos at my request last night, Dr. Arthur Derse called me up exclaiming, "Holy mackerel! It's much worse than it looked in the paper. I'm stunned, absolutely stunned." Dr. Derse is the Director of Center for Bioethics and Medical Humanities a the Medical College of Wisconsin. "When all's said and done, it's really the profession of medicine that has the black eye in this case," he says.

There is no question these doctors are masking political opinion in the white coat of the medical profession, Dr. Derse believes. "The videos are pretty damning."

. . .
    So how ya think this is gonna pan out? My money is on the MMGW/ACORN model where the docs and MSM will claim the video's are edited or taken out of context. Believe the MSM and not your lying eyes! Then focus on the 33bil people who had the gall to film the actions of these fine... outstanding... examples of the medical practice. The university is already laying the groundwork for not having to disclose the results of their "investigation".

-The Gipper

Even the highly partisan hacks at TA cannot believe what is occurring...

Wisconsin's Real Doctors and Their Fake Sick Notes for Protesters

So how ya think this is gonna pan out? My money is on the MMGW/ACORN model where the docs and MSM will claim the video's are edited or taken out of context. Believe the MSM and not your lying eyes! Then focus on the 33bil people who had the gall to film the actions of these fine... outstanding... examples of the medical practice. The university is already laying the groundwork for not having to disclose the results of their "investigation".
    I don't know. The Medical College of Wisconsin is an extremely good school (my family doctor is a graduate, my grandmother had her cancer treatments there) and this whole thing is black eye on the institution. If they want to save their reputation, they should quickly find these doctors and turn them into the Wisconsin Medical Examining Board.

That being said, I'm sure we've all heard the stories about how doctors won't say anything bad about another doctor. Last week, as I mentioned, the Wisconsin Court of Appeals ruled that all the teachers calling sick and protesting at the State Capital WASN'T an illegal strike. So I don't have much faith in anything right now.

Did you guys see this?

Local talk radio has figured out who this guy his. He's a 8th grade teacher here in Hartland, WI (suburban Milwaukee). Meet Fred Levenhagen.

I know the liberals hate Fox News for whatever weird reasons the peculiar liberals hate things, but I can guarantee you you'll never see CNN, ABCNews, and of course MSNBC, airing any segment with someone shouting that "they lie". FoxNews is FAR from perfect, but when I see them go ahead and air something that puts them in a bad light? I don't think it's detrimental to them.

Oh and btw, if that ••••tard shouting the same thing like an imbecile wasmy daughter's 8th grade teacher? Let's just say that anything less than a B from him and I'd sue his ass for anything I could drum up.
    Not a GoodWhite.

Really? You linked to The American Prospect? The self-proclaimed journal of liberal intelligence?
    Are you denying the facts in the article or attacking the source?

You know what I find amusing? If this were teabaggers protesting a liberal bill, I'd wager you'd be all for it.
    Last edited by liteman; 02-22-2011 at 03:52 AM.
    Fox News watchers are less informed - The Proof

I hope we shall... crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations which dare already to challenge our government in a trial of strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country.
    - Thomas Jefferson

Vicious cycle that is bankrupting the fed and states.
    Well of course Unions are going to donate to the democratic party because they are the only ones who give two shits about the working class. [/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by AeroSim View Post
    I used to be in a Union.

A corrupt bunch of mofos AFAIC. They pigeon-hole you and strangle the initiative of new and eager workers. I remember a few took me aside because I was doing too much and explained it to me.

Fortunately they were polite- or we would have been done that day.

Don't tell me about how righteous unions are. Especially the leaders involved in the politics. I left and found better opportunities elsewhere.

The AFL-CIO can bite me. .!..

Yeah, I had to join a union in high school when I worked at a grocery store. I had to join the almighty UFCW. Long story short, it was awful and most of the 30-60 year olds who were career union grocery workers at the store were pretty apathetic and lazy. They threatened to go to the union every time management whispered a negative syllable in their direction. And I was 16-17 years old and I could tell that unions had become compliment, greedy and corrupt.

Wisconsin isn't a right to work state. I could of opted out of the union, but I still would of had to pay union dues because I was covered under their CBA. So I decided to stay in the union - if I was paying them, they were going to hear my voice if they did something I didn't like.

They still send me their newsletter once a quarter and send me a letter telling me who to vote for every election. They didn't endorse Scott Walker in the last election.
    I'm not going to argue that unions arent corrupt becuase I think that corruption is inevitable when an organization becomes too big and powerful.
    But without union, an employee is entirely at the mercy of his employer, and whenever the budget needs to be cut, or they want to gain an edge on profits, you can guarantee that it will come off the working man's back in some way.

There is no constitutional right, either in the Wisconsin Constitution or US Constitution, that guarentees public employees the right to collective bargining. The right to collectively bargin is NOT a inalienable right recongized by the United Nations.
    So?

You're right. I don't know what sane person would belong to a union. Unions are just as corrupt and greedy as the worst corporations. Why anybody belongs to a union is beyond me.
    So you mean to tell me if you had a choice between a union job paying $50k/year vs. a non-union job paying $25k/year, you would select the non-union job?
    [/quote]

It's being reported here in WI on local talk radio that Mary Bell - head of WEAC (Wisconsin Teacher's Union) made $500,000 last year.
    I'd give that a BS factor of about 1,000% or so.

Well maybe you should stuff a sock in it next time you wanna get up on yer soapbox with the "Its soul-less, heart-less, and immoral" crap if reality ain't yer gig.

It is. What really drags a knot in my ass is how all of these people act like these teachers are living the life or something. These are people trying pay their mortgage, and feed their children just like anybody. You all act like every teacher is some unionized POS that doesn't deserve pot to piss in. You guys would be griping if teachers were making $20 a week and living in a van. What about all the teachers who do their jobs and care about their students? How many of us here have graduated from a pooblic school?
    Balancing the budget is great, but why won't the Governor step up and take a cut in pay? What about the other elected officials? What about their staff(s)? Who is coming out saying "I make too much money, and maybe I should serve the public good and not make as much"? Why does every spending cut need to come off the backs of schools, fire and police depts? It's because they're an easy target, nothing more.

And yes, it's class warfare, and this is only the beginning.
    Last edited by JustinC939; 02-22-2011 at 06:20 AM.

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

Did you guys see this?

He's obviously smarter than a baboon considering that he can look up Media Matters and find that Fox News does infact lie.

And kbohip, we libs don't have a problem with Fox News existing so much as we have a problem with them referring to themselves as news, and "fair and balanced"

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinC939 View Post

And yes, it's class warfare, and this is only the beginning.
    Its in the very rhetoric of those who speak out against the unions in this very forum.

"Nope no class warfare to see here....move along. I could care less about the working man who has to pay a mortgage and take pay cuts to balance the self-created budget deficit the governor created by giving tax breaks to corporations. Nothing to see here."

The Unions have conceded the pay cuts and all of the financial stuff. Theyjust want their right to collectively bargain. The governor is now fighting the unions not over money, but whether or not they get to be a union any more.

I personally think that unions have no place in government. Any labor that depends on taxation has no room to complain when the citizens ability to pay taxes dries up.

This is actually a great way to discourage people from ballooning government.
    Last edited by AeroSim; 02-22-2011 at 10:17 AM. Reason: added citizens
    "We say in our platform that we believe that the right to coin money and issue money is a function of government....

Those who are opposed to this proposition tell us that the issue of paper money is a function of the bank and that the government ought to go out of the banking business. I stand with Jefferson rather than with them, and tell them, as he did, that the issue of money is a function of the government and that the banks should go out of the governing business."

William Jennings Bryan.