Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859 LastLast

Re: Unions Federal, State & whats left of the private sector...

How is this unedited? He interspersed this video with his own commentary. If the truth is really so evidently in his favor, why not share with us a truly unedited video that shows every single second of footage taken without interruption so that we can judge for ourselves?

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

I'd like to see it as well, maybe it's not all in one chunk. But it does clearly show that the union douchebag that ended up tossing knuckles was the aggressor from early on. He's the douchebag mashing the sign in the two guys faces and cussing as they are trying to take a photo. Speaking of photos.. here is a good shot of the aftermath of the union douchebags attack on the guy they called an uncle tom and n*gger you don't seem to want to comment on.

Great group there.. see them all rushing to help the poor working fellow out. me neither.

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

^^^ Typical... the ONLY one with his hands out of his pockets?

The self employed guy.

Union guys?

Hands in pockets.

For the past two years, there have been a lot of death threats against Scott Walker and Republicans. Fortunately, most of them were "just joking". Until today!

Tonight is Scott Walker's State of the State address where he addresses both houses of the State Legislature. 20-year-old Milwaukee resident Kvon R. Smith threatened to "do harm" against those assembled at the State Capitol tonight. Thankfully, the Madison police were on top of it and photos of the guy were circulated amongst local police.

They caught the guy trying to enter the Capitol today with a backpack. When the police asked what he had in his backpack, he said "molotov cocktails", and the bomb squad did find five molotov cocktails in his backpack. So, good work by the police for catching this nutjob.

I'd like to blame this on liberals, but I really can't. After checking out the guy's bizarre anti-government/anti-police posting on Facebook/Twitter and checking out this story from the newspaper (emphasis mine):

On Dec. 26, Smith filed a lawsuit -- if it can be called that -- in federal court in Madison. In the case, Smith attempts to sue the Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, the Dane County sheriff's office, Verona resident Don Neviaser and the UW-Madison Badgers football team.

He accuses the defendants of conspiracy to commit bankruptcy, violation of privacy and violation of civil rights.

"I want my money 989 billion-trillion. Equitable distribution. I believe in retributiojn, all involved deserve to be indited (sic). Also my motion for discovery," Smith wrote.
    I'm pretty sure he's just crazy.
    Last edited by Keven; 01-15-2013 at 06:57 PM.

^^^ That'll be an interesting guy to follow. Even after all the talk about containing the "identified nuts" before a tragedy like the school shooting, I'd wager this guy is walking the streets freely before summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    For the past two years, there have been a lot of death threats against Scott Walker and Republicans. Fortunately, most of them were "just joking". Until today!

Tonight is Scott Walker's State of the State address where he addresses both houses of the State Legislature. 20-year-old Milwaukee resident Kvon R. Smith threatened to "do harm" against those assembled at the State Capitol tonight. Thankfully, the Madison police were on top of it and photos of the guy were circulated amongst local police.

They caught the guy trying to enter the Capitol today with a backpack. When the police asked what he had in his backpack, he said "molotov cocktails", and the bomb squad did find five molotov cocktails in his backpack. So, good work by the police for catching this nutjob.

I'd like to blame this on liberals, but I really can't. After checking out the guy's bizarre anti-government/anti-police posting on Facebook/Twitter and checking out this story from the newspaper (emphasis mine):

I'm pretty sure he's just crazy.
    This only proves how long past due it is to have a discussion on banning cocktails, Molotov or otherwise!!!!:P

I'm betting the Twinkies will probably taste better minus the union label.

New Twinkie Maker Shuns Union Labor

The company that bought the Twinkie, HoHo and Ding Dong brands out of bankruptcy is gearing up to reopen plants and hire workers, but it won’t be using union labor.Hostess Brands — Metropoulos & Co. and Apollo Global Management's APO -0.58% new incarnation of the baking company that liquidated in Chapter 11 — is reopening four bakeries in the next eight to 10 weeks, aiming to get Twinkie-deprived consumers the classic snack cake starting in July.
    Chief Executive C. Dean Metropoulos said the company will pump $60 million in capital investments into the plants between now and September and aims to hire at least 1,500 workers. But they won’t be represented by unions, including the one whose nationwide strike sparked the 86-year-old company’s decision to shut down in November.
    Rachel Feintzeig sits down with MoneyBeat to discuss:
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    I'm betting the Twinkies will probably taste better minus the union label.

New Twinkie Maker Shuns Union Labor
    You probably wouldn't have noticed the difference. I noticed WSJ got slammed...
    Hostess Brands: We won’t shun union applicants
    By Christopher Seward

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Hostess Brands, which is hiring for several bakeries, including one in Columbus, emphasized Monday it will not discriminate against applicants on the basis of union membership or union activities.

The strident effort to clear the air on its hiring plans followed comments last week by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Dean Metropoulos, who suggested the company would be staffing plants with non-union labor.

Under the headline “New Twinkie Maker Shuns Union,” Metropoulos reportedly told WSJ the company does “not expect to be involved in the union going forward.”

In a statement Monday, Hostess Brands said “statements attributed to various Hostess officials were incomplete and did not reflect the company’s policies.”

“Hostess intends to hire the most qualified applicants, regardless of their age, race, gender, or prior or current union affiliation,” the company said. It added “none of the company representatives stated or intended to imply that Hostess will be avoiding union-represented employees or job applicants.”
    Chalk another one up for the Murdoch family of news.
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

^^^ Are you thinking, after reading that, the bakers are going to be unionized?

^^^ I'm not seeing where the WSJ got "slammed" either. Then again since otoc stopped parroting LGF headlines verbatim I have not bothered to find out where he is getting his talking points from. But I don't doubt they are getting "slammed" there.. probably to the cheers of the crowd and all that.

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    ^^^ Are you thinking, after reading that, the bakers are going to be unionized?
    It's my thinking the WSJ got it wrong and the company had to correct it. They say they will hire unions workers. Whether or not the facility becomes a union shop or closed shop is up to federal and state laws.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    ^^^ I'm not seeing where the WSJ got "slammed" either. Then again since otoc stopped parroting LGF headlines verbatim I have not bothered to find out where he is getting his talking points from. But I don't doubt they are getting "slammed" there.. probably to the cheers of the crowd and all that.
    Either? You read something in dutch's response that indicated a comment on the WSJ getting slammed?

Off on yet new topics I see. Have a great day.

Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    It's my thinking the WSJ got it wrong and the company had to correct it. They say they will hire unions workers. Whether or not the facility becomes a union shop or closed shop is up to federal and state laws.
    The company didn't say they got anything "wrong", but "incomplete"... quite a far cry from "getting slammed".

Their new moniker will likely be "former union workers". From what I gather from other sources, there are only non-union plans for the bakers.

Imagine if you would address the MSM for getting Benghazi or the Gosnell trial as "getting slammed" instead of "incomplete". Nah, that wouldn't happen, would it?

Either? You read something in dutch's response that indicated a comment on the WSJ getting slammed?
    Actually, Scooter read it correctly.

I still am at a loss for what you read that led you to believe the union is coming back for the bakers.

Maybe they will... anything's possible, but there's no indication of it in the article.

And here all these years I always thought collective bargaining labor agreements and unionization was up to the employees themselves.....