Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Re: Any Bulldozer rumors?

Seeing your replies to Bulldozer threads on other forums, my guess would be that you're in "PR"....

Hey John, welcome to the forums!

Thanks for somewhat clearing up that "rumor". :P

Obviously I'm not NDA'd up yet, so I don't have the entire scoop. Can't wait to see how everything actually comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    Seeing your replies to Bulldozer threads on other forums, my guess would be that you're in "PR"....
    Definitely not in PR.
    While I work for AMD, my posts are my own opinions.

http://blogs.amd.com/work/author/jfruehe/

Follow AMD Opteron on Twitter: @JF_AMD

I saw an article over at legit reviews that had a picture of the bulldozer box and some other information. It said mid June for the release of the top desktop models.

AMD 'Bulldozer' CPUs Slated for June

AMD is said to have finalized the shipping dates of its new high-end processor lineup. The company's new nameless lineup of high-end desktop processors will be released to market in the second half of June. The new processors will be built on the 32 nm manufacturing process, and will be based on the much talked about Bulldozer architecture. The reason it's "nameless" is because there's no processor brand (such as Athlon or Phenom) attached to it. The lineup will consist of AMD FX8000 series octo-core processors, AMD FX6000 series hexa-core processors, and AMD FX4000 series quad-core processors. The chip will feature high-speed DDR3 integrated memory controllers, but will lack integrated graphics. AMD will release as many as eight processor models. To support the processors, AMD's partners in the motherboard industry will release socket AM3+ motherboards based on AMD 9-series chipsets, around the same time.
    http://www.techpowerup.com/141759/AM...-for-June.html
    Core i7 3930K | ASUS P9X79 Deluxe | GTX670 | 32GB DDR3 | 500GB SSD | Antec P183 | Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit | 3x 27" 1920x1080 Monitors
    Core i5 2500k | ASUS P8P67 Pro | 4GB DDR3 | 27 TB Storage | Antec 300 | Server 2012 Essentials | Headless
    Core i7 920 | ASUS P6T Deluxe | MSI GTX260 | 6GB DDR3 | OCZ 120GB Vertex 2 + WD 1TB + 750GB | Antec 300 | Windows 7 64bit | 27" 2560x1440
    Core i7 860 | ASUS P7P55D Pro | eVGA 8800GT | 4GB DDR3 | WD 1TB | Antec 300 | Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | 40" 1920x1080 HDTV
    Core 2 Q6600 |ASUS P5G41C-M LX | 8800GTS | 8GB DDR3 | WD Black 1TB HDD | Antec 300 | Windows 7 64bit | 27" 2560x1440

HP P6150 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit (Media Center System)
    HP EX490 MSS 16TB
    HP LX195 MSS

Hauppauge HD PVR 2x
    Hauppauge Colossus
    HDHomeRun 4x
    HDHomeRun Prime
    Xbox 360
    PS3
    Wii
    Wii U

Any rumors on performance?
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    Any rumors on performance?
    Well- we can help one being started .

http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-03-...ntel-core.html

According to report from X-bit Labs, leaked AMD documents reveal that Zambezi processors offer similar capabilities to Intel’s Core i7 Sandy Bridge processors. The report also states that AMD’s Zambezi features more over-clocked cores, dual graphics, OpenCL and GPU capabilities. This makes Zambezi more of an integrated graphics chip than a desktop CPU.

So there you have it- spread the word. Bulldozer is going toe-to-toe with the 2xxx series Sandy Bridges.

Of course, if you buy that hook, line, and sinker, you also believe this picture from the same article ...

... is a bulldozer.

(hint)

"We say in our platform that we believe that the right to coin money and issue money is a function of government....

Those who are opposed to this proposition tell us that the issue of paper money is a function of the bank and that the government ought to go out of the banking business. I stand with Jefferson rather than with them, and tell them, as he did, that the issue of money is a function of the government and that the banks should go out of the governing business."

William Jennings Bryan.

Shame for doubting AMD. I totally believe they can print a bulldozer on the heat spreader
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D

Are they still gonna make a 16 core version?

Yeah, for the server market. I believe it will be the dual die/single substrate product.

Server chips gonna have diferent socket?

Quote Originally Posted by Poci View Post
    They almost always do.

Quote Originally Posted by Poci View Post
    My understanding is that the sockets will be the same but I'm almost certain that the enterprise systems will be locked from system board to CPU. You will need to mod to be able to OC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Bridge

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGA_2011

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cpu...the-next-gen/1
    Last edited by AeroSim; 03-25-2011 at 12:55 PM. Reason: replaced link
    "We say in our platform that we believe that the right to coin money and issue money is a function of government....

Those who are opposed to this proposition tell us that the issue of paper money is a function of the bank and that the government ought to go out of the banking business. I stand with Jefferson rather than with them, and tell them, as he did, that the issue of money is a function of the government and that the banks should go out of the governing business."

William Jennings Bryan.

Different sockets--no wiggle room on that one. Desktop chips will use AM3+ which is a 940ish pin socket. Server chips will continue to use sockets C32 and G34, both of which are LGA and feature more pins.

The 16-core BD product will only be available as an "Interlagos" core Opteron server CPU. The biggest desktop chip will be an 8-core.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm becoming a dinosaur.

Reason I ask is cause there were 939 opterons and people were getting good OCs from them in desktop mobos.