Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Re: Obama administration foreign policy... or lack thereof.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    You nailed it again!!!

You forecast his response and ;poof:, there he is.

Its as if you're the puppet master.
    Yeah, he's got his Mojo going on today - let's see, does government assistance still pay on the 15th of the month?
    "Walk Heavy, Stand Tall, Carry a Big Stick"
    Daily Driver - ASUS CROSSHAIR Atholn 64 X2 6400+ - Liquid Cooled
    A/V Mastering & Processing - ASUS A8N32-SLI Opteron 180
    Print/File Server - ASUS A7V880 XP-3200 Barton
    System Specifications

System Specifications

Last edited by AMDScooter; 12-07-2015 at 04:43 PM.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

The NYT has an Op Ed today about Gun Control measures - when addressing the Abysmal Failure of gun control measures in France to protect it's citizens, the rationale on the article is "At least they tried". At least they tried. What a pitiful excuse for taking away a citizens right to defend obeself from tyranny, terrorism, or other personal threat which the government is clearly incapable of doing.

At least they tried. That really helps the victims. I may get taken down by a bad guy some day - in the end, it won't be because I wasn't prepared to return fire and defend myself.
    System Specifications

"At least they tried"? What a hell of a epitaph on a headstone.

Ralph Peters is right Obama is a p-ussy... Gee I hope I don't get suspended for two weeks.
    I'm a centrist too.

The short answer is.... reality.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

^ That's called the "Obama Administration Him-Haw" - something they're very good at. Sit there and flap lips, saying absolutely nothing in the end.
    System Specifications

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post

The short answer is.... reality.
    Where's the rest of the video? This is an edit and cuts him off mid sentence.

Ya.. right... thank you.. Iran...??!! Are u effin kidding me?

Biden: Hey, Iran was just helping out our boats “in distress,” Kerry thanks Tehran

-The Gipper

^^^ The more I read about Iran grabbing our boats and sailors the angrier I get. The chances 2 of these boats broke at the same time just about nil. Does not make sense they "drifted" anywhere. Then I see this video of the capture:

https://twitter.com/hashtag/Iran?src=hash

The Iranian boats barely look large enough to "surrender" to. I'm willing to bet the sailors were ordered to stand down.

-The Gipper

^^ I'm thinking the same thing. I would like to know what the Navy's rules of engagement are in that region of the world. Benghazi all over again. I get the idea the whole thing was preplaned right down to the statements made by the commander of that boat and Kerry's kisses and hungs thank you to Iran.

Disgraceful
    I'm a centrist too.

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    ^^ I'm thinking the same thing. I would like to know what the Navy's rules of engagement are in that region of the world. Benghazi all over again. I get the idea the whole thing was preplaned right down to the statements made by the commander of that boat and Kerry's kisses and hungs thank you to Iran.

Disgraceful
    I heard a few of the admin tools making the news circuit last night parroting the "before our awesome nuke deal there would have been no communication to get the sailors freed" line. Only thing I could think is if the SCOMF was not in the WH Iran would not have even given thought to capturing a few of our boats.....

-The Gipper

Iran frees 4 captives ahead of expected lifting of sanctions

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/01/16/iran-...sanctions.html

My, my what a coincedence!

Everything is all better now. Obama and Kerry are geniuses...

Lifting sanctions on Iran is a 150 billion worth of brilliant. Whatever happened to "no money for hostages"...
    Last edited by tucker; 01-16-2016 at 12:39 PM.
    I'm a centrist too.

To the Obama administration, everything is political. Posturing serves as substance, and the optics of a situation are foremost in every event. U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry recently concluded an agreement with Iran that ensures they will have free reign to develop nuclear weapons without the awkward intrusiveness of U.N. or U.S. inspections, and that they will also receive a cache of $150 billion that was held up as a sanction against, among other things, their attempts to build nuclear weapons!

The horrendous deal, generally recognized as a huge giveaway to the Iranians for exactly nothing in return, has made Kerry look like a totally ineffective, easily fooled ignoramus, so he is anxious to try and salvage his tattered image.

That leads to his latest response when two U.S. navy patrol boats, on a routine transit mission between Kuwait and Bahrein, broke down and were “captured” by the Iranian coast guard. In another time, when America was seen as a fearsome super power with the might and will to exact serious punishment for such an interdiction, the question of whether the sailors would be released, or even captured, would have been moot.

However, Obama and company have been very active in diminishing the stature and respect this nation has in the world arena, and so Kerry was called on to negotiate the release of the servicemen, with Iran making sure that the world knew they had the upper hand and would control the ultimate outcome.

Kerry told Iran’s foreign minister, Mohammad Javad Zarif, to release the 10 U.S. sailors, and that it would be a “good story” for both countries, showing that the relationship between both nations was improving, and a senior U.S. official said that Kerry had urged Zarif to use the event to showcase the improving political situation.

“They speak relatively regularly, none of this is unusual in the wake of the dialogue we’ve had on nuclear issues,” he said, adding that Kerry had already had a scheduled call with Zarif before the news broke.

Kerry explained to Zarif that the sailors — crews in two US Navy patrol boats — had been on a routine transit mission between Kuwait and Bahrein and urged him to ensure that they were released quickly and unharmed.

And he added “if we are able to do this in the right way it would be a good story for both of us.”

According to the US official, speaking on condition of anonymity to discuss a private diplomatic exchange, Kerry’s success in the negotiation was testament to the closer ties developed between the governments during negotiations on the Iran nuclear deal.

It is sad that our stature is so diminished as to require us to negotiate and beg from these pirates. With stronger leadership it would have been a pro forma hand-over without the posturing and photo ops that this administration is so fond of. While it is wonderful that the incident was resolved quickly and without any loss of life, it is sad that the U.S. has come to this and must turn every small incident into a publicity show for the public.

One wonders what would happen if a serious clash should happen? It appears that this administration is completely unprepared for such an event.
    "ignoramus"

I'm a centrist too.

System Specifications