Page 15 of 73 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Re: Obama administration foreign policy... or lack thereof.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post

Maybe you're talking about things Romney said elsewhere.

Show me.
    His first statement, released on 9/11

MITT ROMNEY: “I’m outraged by the attacks on American diplomatic missions in Libya and Egypt and by the death of an American consulate worker in Benghazi. It’s disgraceful that the Obama administration’s first response was not to condemn attacks on our diplomatic missions, but to sympathize with those who waged the attacks.
    http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/0...8KCBTM20120912

Full of Bulldung, eh?

The Egypt not an ally has been redone. Now they are an ally again.

As I think about all of it knowing now its not about the film we cant help but wonder why the Administration pushed so hard on the "film" angle.
    Pretty obvious now that its more convenient to blame a film than a lack of secutity and everything else. So it makes everything said by Clinton and Obama about the film really irrelevant.
    Rather than focus and admonish some silly film the old issue remains.
    Extreme Muslims will always find something to hate out guts about....so why even bother yapping about the film? It may as well be shoelaces.
    Media focusing on the film is slight of hand designed to hide the real issue.
    The real issue is Muslims. Intolerant Muslims who right now are pushing to see just how much they can get away with and what side the new governments will come down on.
    And its gonna get worse.
    And for the Administration to think this isnt a judgement on its policies is denial.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon24 View Post
    His first statement, released on 9/11

http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/0...8KCBTM20120912

Full of Bulldung, eh?
    Yeh. It is. For two reasons. First, Romney didn't call them terrorists and second, the first response from the United States (read: Obama) government was indeed an apology and sympathetic statement. The statement, the apologetic and sympathetic one, came from the embassy before the attack and was repeated after the attack.

Maybe, just maybe, you're comfortable with inserting "terrorists" in Republicans' statement to make them seem vile and whenever a Republican speaks truthfully about failures of the Won, its "classless".

I dunno. I've thought about it, and yeah, its still full of bulldung in my eyes.

But I get it. Once again, the Obambi campaign needs to be insulated from his missteps and in this case, it revolves around painting Obambi as anything but what he is... a president with feckless foreign policies. So as usual, they find a squirrel. This time its a sentence from Romney. One that's true by all accounts, but as you say, is classless. Oh my. Embassies attacked but look... over there... a classless sentence!!!

Now we learn that the Libyan embassy was protected by... Libyans. Not US Marines.

That Marines guarding the Egyptian embassy were not allowed to have real bullets.

That the attacks were not unexpected, but anticipated.

Chant by protestors: "Obama. Obama, we are all Osama."

^^^ To be clear, Obambi has called these people terrorists when making his statements (which were made after those made by Romney). I s'pect it was too early for Romney to do the same, or maybe, because he wanted to stay classy when attacking Obambi, kept that part on the down low.

Oh boy, sounds like these protesters don't like Obama.

Who woulda thunk that his "tough guy" foreign policy of sending the Navy Seals everywhere and using drone missiles on civillians would backfire?

(Not that I agree with him on everything related to foreign policy, but) Somewhere, Ron Paul is smiling.

Oh, Arab spring a national security risk? Nah. Michelle Obama is more worried about fat people. http://politics.kfyi.com/cc-common/m...ticle=10415544
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bk94si View Post
    Oh, Arab spring a national security risk? Nah. Michelle Obama is more worried about fat people. http://politics.kfyi.com/cc-common/m...ticle=10415544
    Obesity is a national security risk because fat people can't join the military? Is she retarded?

Sorry, but that's just stupid. Obesity is a health concern in our country, but a national security risk? Come on, now, Michelle.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Obesity is a national security risk because fat people can't join the military? Is she retarded?

Sorry, but that's just stupid. Obesity is a health concern in our country, but a national security risk? Come on, now, Michelle.
    With this kind of reasoning, a good economy is a national security risk with fewer people enlisting.
    Brian

Well that clears it up.. like a bucket of mud.

White House: On second thought, Egypt is still kinda sorta an “ally”

Smartest prez evar eh? Ya.. right. Twit.

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

^^and Romney supposedly shoots first and aims later.
    Okey dokey

Tommy Vietor, Spokesman for the National Security Council: (emphasis mine)

I think folks are reading way too much into this. ‘Ally’ is a legal term of art. We don’t have a mutual defense treaty with Egypt like we do with our NATO allies. But as the president has said, Egypt is longstanding and close partner of the United States, and we have built on that foundation by supporting Egypt’s transition to democracy and working with the new government.
    Huh?

I must be a stupid Republican. I don't know what he's talking about.

Ah, I get it. It's just like jobs created/saved/supported.

If a "term of art" means "a word or phrase that has a particular meaning." So, he tells us that we're overracting to the President's comments, but then tells us that "ally" is a strict legal concept defined by federal law?

The President didn't know what "ally" meant?

This is just like Obama pronouncing "corpsman" as "corpse man".

And they're concerned about Romney's lack of foreign policy/military experience?
    Last edited by Keven; 09-13-2012 at 07:00 PM.

^^^ What it means is Bamma whipped it out and stepped on it hard. MSM in full bamma CYA mode discussing everything but bamma's failed policies. Instead let's have a LOOOOOOONNNGGG discussion on whether or not Mitt reacted too quickly even though he was right and the administration is now following his lead. A familiar tactic.

Kirstin Powers.. that repuggie shill.

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    ^^^ What it means is Bamma whipped it out and stepped on it hard. MSM in full bamma CYA mode discussing everything but bamma's failed policies. Instead let's have a LOOOOOOONNNGGG discussion on whether or not Mitt reacted too quickly even though he was right and the administration is now following his lead. A familiar tactic.

Kirstin Powers.. that repuggie shill.

I watched some MSNBC today and you'd think Romney had run over a baby or something. They were all talking about his MAJOR FOREIGN POLICY GAFFE. OH GOD, WATCH OUT.

Watching MSNBC gives me a tiny glimpse into BD's brain.

From their perspective (MSNBC), the Romney angle was a bigger story than the ongoing developments in Egypt/Libya/Yemen. And no mention of Obama's TV interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    Yeh. It is. For two reasons. First, Romney didn't call them terrorists and second, the first response from the United States (read: Obama) government was indeed an apology and sympathetic statement. The statement, the apologetic and sympathetic one, came from the embassy before the attack and was repeated after the attack.

Maybe, just maybe, you're comfortable with inserting "terrorists" in Republicans' statement to make them seem vile and whenever a Republican speaks truthfully about failures of the Won, its "classless".

I dunno. I've thought about it, and yeah, its still full of bulldung in my eyes.
    Tell where the apology is Dutch:

The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims – as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions.
    Now I guess if you feel comfortable inserting the word "apology" for the word "condemn" I can see where you are coming from, but the fact of the matter is there is no apology. They were pissed at the idiot who made the movie.

We can get into the BS about whether or not this was a statement from Obama (which it wasn't), but I'll give you that if Obama is the president, the embassy speaks his voice, even if Obama doesn't know about it. So I'll even give Mittens the benefit of the doubt that he thought Obama put out that statement. But it still wasn't an apology or sympathy rant, and it came out way before we ever knew about the ambassador being killed in Libya. So Mittens bungled it all up because he couldn't wait to try and score political points on 9/11. I understand why...he's desperate. He can read polls. He's not a stupid man, but he's also not a very smart one.

And FWIW, I feel quite comfortable with inserting the words terrorists for attackers, because that's what they were.

Now I guess if you feel comfortable inserting the word "apology" for the word "condemn" I can see where you are coming from, but the fact of the matter is there is no apology. They were pissed at the idiot who made the movie.

We can get into the BS about whether or not this was a statement from Obama (which it wasn't), but I'll give you that if Obama is the president, the embassy speaks his voice, even if Obama doesn't know about it. So I'll even give Mittens the benefit of the doubt that he thought Obama put out that statement. But it still wasn't an apology or sympathy rant, and it came out way before we ever knew about the ambassador being killed in Libya. So Mittens bungled it all up because he couldn't wait to try and score political points on 9/11. I understand why...he's desperate. He can read polls. He's not a stupid man, but he's also not a very smart one.
    Why is the embassy commenting on the video at all?

And, the embassy was "condemning" the movie to "apologize" to the protesters. No, they didn't directly say "We apologize," but it's what they were doing, even if they don't admit it.

And how can Romney be "politicizing the death of Americans" when, as you yourself admit:

it came out way before we ever knew about the ambassador being killed in Libya.
    I do blame the embassy for the moronic statement, but Obama is at fault for his schizophrenic foreign policy.

Sometimes, we have the "nice guy" Obama, who does nothing (Egypt protests, Syrian civil war, Iran).

Then, sometimes, we get the "bad ass" Obama, who bullies his way around the world (Libya, Pakistan).

The silly statement condemning Americans using their right to free speech (albeit stupidly) is something that nice guy Obama would say. The embassy didn't know that we were going to get bad ass Obama on this issue. The one who's all upset and hacked off that they killed an ambassador.