Page 7 of 73 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Re: Obama administration foreign policy... or lack thereof.

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    As did Mr. McCain, Mr. Lieberman and Mr. Congressman David Dreier
    Don't know who the congressman is but I don't like McCain. Lieberman I like on a personal level, seems like a nice guy but I don't like his politics. So, apparently 3 more idiots...
    Brian

I see Hezbollah has joined The White House in congradulating the Brotherhood win in Egypt

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...sident-elect-a

When we "reset" Foreign Policy it means things are gonna be Great!

Then what is this all about? Is there some lack of transparancy going on that is better dealt with when more "flexability" arises?

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-...riched-uranium

Quote Originally Posted by bk94si View Post
    Don't know who the congressman is but I don't like McCain. Lieberman I like on a personal level, seems like a nice guy but I don't like his politics. So, apparently 3 more idiots...
    Its way, way past retirement time for McCain and Lieberman both are mummified Neanderthals. Dreier is a California congressman first elected in 1981. He is a typical lifetime politician closely connected to the RHINO leadership.

And this little tibit.

Personal life

Dreier claims to be a distant relative of Richard Bland Lee, a congressman from Virginia who served on the first Rules Committee empaneled by the House of Representatives.[31]

[edit] Sexual orientation

In the fall of 2004, journalist Doug Ireland claimed to "out" Dreier in print in L.A. Weekly, in its September 24–September 30, 2004 issue.[32][33] The L.A. Weekly printed that Dreier had had a romantic relationship with his longtime chief of staff, Brad W. Smith, who at the time collected a $156,600 government salary. Smith earned the highest possible salary allowed by law for a committee staff member[34] and was reportedly the highest-paid chief of staff working for any House of Representatives committee chair. ("By comparison," wrote Ireland, "the chief of staff to the chair of the House Judiciary Committee makes $126,000, while the chief of staff to the chair of the House Ways and Means Committee makes just $100,696.")[32][35][36]

The alleged "outing" was a result of Dreier coming under increasing scrutiny from gay rights groups because of his voting record, which includes supporting the Defense of Marriage Act and against inclusion of homosexuals as a protected class in hate crime. However, he did vote for employment discrimination legislation to protect against discrimination based on sexual orientation in 2007.[37]

Dreier's 1998 and 2000 Democratic opponent, Janice Nelson, alleged that his relationship with Smith had been an open secret for many years. His 2004 opponent, Cynthia Matthews, came out of the closet and demanded that Dreier do the same. Dreier did not publicly respond to these charges, which were discussed on local radio programs in his district. At the time, the mainstream U.S. print media did not cover the story (although the controversy was later, in June 2005, addressed in the British press[38] after it was announced that British prime minister Tony Blair's son Euan would work as an unpaid intern for Dreier's committee during the summer of 2005).

Dreier voted against the Matthew Shepard Act and voted against the repeal of the U.S. military's "don't ask, don't tell" policy. In December 2010, Dreier voted in favor of repealing the policy in a standalone bill.[39]

My magic 8 ball says..."its possible"

http://news.yahoo.com/egypts-preside...opstories.html

Egypt's New President Vows to Win Release of World Trade Center Plotter
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 06-29-2012 at 07:20 PM.

"Were sorry...how much will it cost?"

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/...-slap-in-face/

Our new Egyptian friends

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/15/world/...html?hpt=hp_t1

Cairo (CNN) -- Egyptian protesters threw tomatoes and shoes at U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's motorcade Sunday and shouted, "Monica, Monica, Monica" as she left the newly reopened U.S. Consulate in Alexandria

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    Our new Egyptian friends

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/15/world/...html?hpt=hp_t1

Cairo (CNN) -- Egyptian protesters threw tomatoes and shoes at U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's motorcade Sunday and shouted, "Monica, Monica, Monica" as she left the newly reopened U.S. Consulate in Alexandria
    We can thank Bachman and others for this due to the smear campaign on Clinton's aid as having ties to the Muslim Brotherhood. Apparently people in Egypt have cable. Another reason why you guys with the GOP need to actually stand up to these whackos like McCain did. This is nothing but an example of stirring the pot, making it boil, and creating an illusion it was due to Clinton and Obama. Really, Anthony Weiner's wife is secretly pushing Muslim Brotherhood plans into the administration?

On the bright side, it is encouraging to see people in Egypt out there in opposition to Islam in their government no matter how off-base their thinking is.
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

That was the reason? Eqyptians are that involved with out politics here they react that way to out Secretary of State? I would have assumed..and did..a more generic motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    That was the reason? Eqyptians are that involved with out politics here they react that way to out Secretary of State? I would have assumed..and did..a more generic motivation.
    Based on interviews I read it was in reaction to published reports of Clinton's aid being a Muslim Brotherhood funnel by those upset over the voting results. They feel, supported by the signs they held, that the US meddled in their election. Based on my scan of Polito this morning the GOP might be growing a set when it comes to Bachman. Time for you guys to get vocal and reign in that bat whacky crazed TP lady. She says she will not back down.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    Based on interviews I read it was in reaction to published reports of Clinton's aid being a Muslim Brotherhood funnel by those upset over the voting results.
    Would ya share some links to those interviews?

I just had read what Hillary had said after..that it was anxiety among Egyptians...sort of acting out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    Would ya share some links to those interviews?
    http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/201...s/#more-183302

Thanks.

Why would Egyptians be upset with someone being connected to the Brotherhood? They elected a president with Brotherhood ties.
    Brian