Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Re: Gay Marriage/Gay Rights/Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by /\/\adGamer View Post
    ^^^ You might as well just start arguing with yourself.This horse of a subject has been beaten to bloody death here at TLR. I have yet to see where the TEA party movement has even discussed the issues of queers much less queers getting married. Besides Everyone knows marriage is between one woman and one man.
    You obviously didn't read the thread or else you would have noticed that I posted links that show the tea baggers party have spoken out against gay marriage. And you also would have noticed that I was also referring to conservitaves in general

And everybody knows that there is no universal definition of marriage, and that it can vary from culture to culture,

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

Besides Everyone knows marriage is between one woman and one man.
    LOL!

If I say marriage would be redefined, you say no it wouldn't. To make the point you point to other cultures. Can we start shrinking heads next? How 'bout boinking children? Hey, other cultures do it. Its not an honest response.

When I point out your thread start was not so civil, you say other people do it. Maybe its been done, I dunno, but I don't recall a thread started so crassly. Hey, if you want to catch flies with shit instead of sugar...

When I say no state has passed a re-definition of marriage law, you pull out the court proceedings. Hey, That's persuasive. I talk about voters, you give decisions from court. WTF? Don't forget to mention Barney Frank... he supports it too. Vapid.

Look, if you wanna marry your bro and say its really no different than marrying a girl, good luck with that. One suggestion... get a pre-nup. Chances are the beetch will wanna fleece ya.

We've heard all this before.

Besides, my household supports gay marriage. Since one of us is a teacher, we donate the California Teachers Association takes more than a grand a year from us and they've invested a lot of that (millions of dollars) into opposing prop 8... the failed (like in every state its been tried) gay marriage thing. So there ya go. My money tried to support it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phopojijo View Post
    LOL!

this whole subject is very funny indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    If I say marriage would be redefined, you say no it wouldn't. To make the point you point to other cultures. Can we start shrinking heads next? How 'bout boinking children? Hey, other cultures do it. Its not an honest response.
    But there is no movement is calling for for the "right" to shrink heads, or boink children. I don't even see how that equates to gay marriage.Not to mention these acts clearly have victims. Who is the victim when same sex couples get married.
    And don't give me that "it's offensive" crap, because you can argue that about anything. Should we tear down a church because atheists are offended?

When I point out your thread start was not so civil, you say other people do it. Maybe its been done, I dunno, but I don't recall a thread started so crassly. Hey, if you want to catch flies with shit instead of sugar...
    Yeah, I could have been more civil.... But don't sit there and act like that it may or may not have been done by others, especially on the right wing of this forum. Do you want me to start calling poeople out everytime someone refers to liberals, democrats, and Obama supporters in a derogatory manner? I'd have to quit my job to keep up with that nonsense. It really is dishonest to say that when you know damn well it happens everyday here.

When I say no state has passed a re-definition of marriage law, you pull out the court proceedings. Hey, That's persuasive. I talk about voters, you give decisions from court. WTF? Don't forget to mention Barney Frank... he supports it too. Vapid.
    But how would you like it of people got to vote on your marriage? I'm sure we pissed alot of racists off when we passed the civil rights act. Westboro Baptist Church pisses alot of people off, but they still have free speech rights. Human rights should not be left up to a mob rule because minorities would suffer at the hands of it.

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    It's "Catholics" like yourselves that keep me out of that church anymore. Let me guess, you're a pro-choice Catholic too right? Let me put it to you as easily as I can. The Catholic church is against gay marriage. If you belong to the Catholic religion, you're against it as well. Instead of wishing for them to change, why not find a religion that better suits your needs? I just can't understand why someone will remain a member of a church when they won't stand behind their core beliefs, and even worse, wants that church to change those beliefs for them.
    Don't want to get too far off topic but if you base your faith on other Catholics or others in general you will be disappointed and you will find your faith being planted in shallow soil where it will die. Your faith should be in Christ, specifically the Eucharist, which is specifically found in the Catholic Church. (I know the Orthodox have it also.) I would be willing to bet if you weren't married in the Church it wasn't because your wife wasn't Catholic but for some other reason such as being married and divorced. The priest may advise against being married to someone of another denomination or religion but being another faith will not prevent marriage as long as you agree to live your faith and raise your children properly in the Faith.

Marriage is specifically for having and raising children and protecting the family and society. (This means marriage is to protect sexual relations and its consequences called kids.) By its very nature, homosexuality of itself will never procreate.

If all of this homosexual marriage talk is about civil unions or benefits, just allow people to extend benefits to other family members, friends, etc. But marriage can never be anything other than husband and wife.

Quote Originally Posted by omegasteve View Post
    Don't want to get too far off topic but if you base your faith on other Catholics or others in general you will be disappointed and you will find your faith being planted in shallow soil where it will die. Your faith should be in Christ, specifically the Eucharist, which is specifically found in the Catholic Church....
    Stop right there. The God I pray to isn't owned by the Catholic church, although the church would LOVE for you to believe that. It's worked out great for them for a thousand years too, until recently when people started to wise up. My faith in God is just fine. I don't have much faith in a church run by men in Vatican City though, sorry.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

this whole subject is very funny indeed
    You ensure that.

So you're saying you don't have a reason.

Also, "boinking children" is not consensual... but great way to bring child exploitation into a completely unrelated topic to push your agenda like so many have tried before.
    Last edited by Phopojijo; 03-06-2011 at 03:31 PM.

Marriage is specifically for having and raising children and protecting the family and society. (This means marriage is to protect sexual relations and its consequences called kids.)
    Says who?
    There are opposite sex married couples who don't raise children, and there are gay couples who do raise children. So what's your point about the purpose of marriage again?

If all of this homosexual marriage talk is about civil unions or benefits, just allow people to extend benefits to other family members, friends, etc. But marriage can never be anything other than husband and wife.
    But why can't two people who love each other say that they're married?

Husband and wife.

Its not really complicated.

Anything else needs a new definition or a new name.

Civil union.

I'll go with that. Same legal protections. Same ceremony. Churches can stay intact. Different name. No problem.

Churches can stay intact regardless. Marraige is not solely an institution of religion. It is also an institution of the state.
    Many different kinds of marriages have existed since before recorded history or know religions.

^^^ Bull. We've already seen the discrimination charges.

That's how this game is played. Make a law and anyone that refuses to abide is discriminating, loses their tax exemption or whatever.

I'm still waiting for you to cite the example of the culture that we should adopt that says marriage is between any two people regardless of their sex. Until then, the shrunken head comparison makes sense.
    Last edited by Dutchcedar; 03-06-2011 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    Stop right there. The God I pray to isn't owned by the Catholic church, although the church would LOVE for you to believe that. It's worked out great for them for a thousand years too, until recently when people started to wise up. My faith in God is just fine. I don't have much faith in a church run by men in Vatican City though, sorry.
    Read the Catechism of the Catholic Church if you want to know what the men in the Vatican teach. God owns the Church not the other way around as the Church is the Bride of Christ.

Why do say people have started to wise up? If you mean they have rejected God and Church this has been going on for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinC939 View Post
    Says who?
    There are opposite sex married couples who don't raise children, and there are gay couples who do raise children. So what's your point about the purpose of marriage again?

I didn't say gay couples couldn't raise kids, I said they can never have their own. Children have a right to know their mother and father.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinC939 View Post
    But why can't two people who love each other say that they're married?
    Can a mother marry her son or daughter?

Read the Catechism of the Catholic Church if you want to know what the men in the Vatican teach. God owns the Church not the other way around as the Church is the Bride of Christ.

Why do say people have started to wise up? If you mean they have rejected God and Church this has been going on for awhile.
    give it up , you will never sway their opinion, and this is coming from a Christian who has tryed they will try to belittle your beliefs , and give you all the scientific reasons why they are right and you are wrong.They refuse to see because they do not want to. Just remember brother , in the end , when its all said and done , lets see what all their agruments , and reasoning get them. Peace Bro!
    "The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want"
    PS:23