Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Re: Gay Marriage/Gay Rights/Etc.

Aero ^^^ Yip, back for now.

My wife has some significant problems that are keeping me pretty busy. I haven’t been in the right frame of mind to talk politics.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinC939 View Post
    Homosexual marriages have no victims.
    Society is a victim of homosexual marriage. The only way for society to propagate is through procreation of husband and wife. Kids are not coming any other way. Marriage protects sex and children since children are a natural expression of marital love, husband and wife complement each other and that love is expressed with new life. Heterosexual marriage is life-giving and fruitful where as homosexual marriage can never be fruitful. Society cannot propagate through homosexuality.

Homosexual marriage is anti-life and anti-society.

Quote Originally Posted by omegasteve View Post
    Society is a victim of homosexual marriage. The only way for society to propagate is through procreation of husband and wife. Kids are not coming any other way. Marriage protects sex and children since children are a natural expression of marital love, husband and wife complement each other and that love is expressed with new life. Heterosexual marriage is life-giving and fruitful where as homosexual marriage can never be fruitful. Society cannot propagate through homosexuality.

1) We have no problems with underpopulation.

2) Same-sex couples can adopt children and likely raise them better than the families who put them up for adoption (or died and made them orphan).

***and very importantly***

3) Those homosexuals who are not married would either not have children anyway (just be single)... or be in a relationship with someone they don't truly love

AND THUS BE A TERRIBLE ENVIRONMENT FOR A CHILD TO GROW UP IN.

What's worse for society? Less children? Or more youth at-risk?

----------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    Well, there are people in this society who believe animals share the same rights as humans. Including but not limited to the right to sue in a court of law. How the heck does an animal have the maturity in decision making to consent to that? Our society is ever evolving/changing and you are no one else can predict what will happen in the future. Aside from that I’ve seen dogs that are more mature than a lot of people I know.

In some states kids can get married at 14 or 15 years old with parental consent and court approval. There is no way a 14 or 15 year old can give informed consent of make informed decisions no matter what the parents consent to or the court approves. It’s nothing less than an arranged marriage…
    Did I say anything about animals suing in court or whether 14 or 15 year olds should get married? Of course not. And you haven't said anything about why homosexuals shouldn't get married.

My wife has some significant problems that are keeping me pretty busy. I haven’t been in the right frame of mind to talk politics.
    Hope everything's okay. My best wishes to you and your family.
    Last edited by Phopojijo; 03-08-2011 at 03:16 AM.

My wife has some significant problems that are keeping me pretty busy. I havenít been in the right frame of mind to talk politics.
    That sux. 1st is 1st and hope she gets it back together.

Look at the TLR as a good place to decompress too
    "We say in our platform that we believe that the right to coin money and issue money is a function of government....

Those who are opposed to this proposition tell us that the issue of paper money is a function of the bank and that the government ought to go out of the banking business. I stand with Jefferson rather than with them, and tell them, as he did, that the issue of money is a function of the government and that the banks should go out of the governing business."

William Jennings Bryan.

Quote Originally Posted by Phopojijo View Post
    1)
    Did I say anything about animals suing in court or whether 14 or 15 year olds should get married? Of course not. And you haven't said anything about why homosexuals shouldn't get married.

Hope everything's okay. My best wishes to you and your family.

In my view the word “marriage” might be overrated and overly important. I know a couple that has lived in a common law/civil union relationship for a lot of years and they are just as happy as any married couple I’ve ever met. I lived with my wife for almost 4 years before we married. I was just as happy and content with those 4 years as I am with the following 37 years of marriage. There came a time when we wanted to have children and she insisted on marriage before kids. I argued against marriage but in the end I lost that argument… shocking

I’m not belittling marriage I know because of religious and other personal beliefs most people think marriage is very important. I just kind of have a little different perspective.

Personally if I were gay I would be just as happy with a civil union as I would be with marriage just as long as the rights were applied equally in both cases.

Thanks for the well wishes…
    Last edited by tucker; 03-08-2011 at 02:01 PM.

My wife has some significant problems that are keeping me pretty busy. I havenít been in the right frame of mind to talk politics.
    Best wishes to you and yours tuck... come back when ya have time and the home front is squared away. Family first.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by AeroSim View Post
    That sux. 1st is 1st and hope she gets it back together.

Look at the TLR as a good place to decompress too

Sometimes itís a good place to decompress other times the oppositeÖ

Hey tucker... our thoughts go out to ya here.

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    Best wishes to you and yours tuck... come back when ya have time and the home front is squared away. Family first.

Thanks a lot and Iíll do that.

Hemodialysis kind of changes everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    Hey tucker... our thoughts go out to ya here.

Thanks Dutch...

In my view the word “marriage” might be overrated and overly important. I know a couple that has lived in a common law/civil union relationship for a lot of years and they are just as happy as any married couple I’ve ever met. I lived with my wife for almost 4 years before we married. I was just as happy and content with those 4 years as I am with the following 37 years of marriage. There came a time when we wanted to have children and she insisted on marriage before kids. I argued against marriage but in the end I lost that argument… shocking

I’m not belittling marriage I know because of religious and other personal beliefs most people think marriage is very important. I just kind of have a little different perspective.

Personally if I were gay I would be just as happy with a civil union as I would be with marriage just as long as the rights were applied equally in both cases.
    And I'm not sure if I will marry my girlfriend (and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to have kids with her -- just adopt if anything -- she shares the same ideals, actually more firmly than I do)... I'm also not a homosexual... but it's not my position to then claim that any other person who may want to marry... can't.

You've still yet to give a reason why they shouldn't.

The big problem here is that a more catchy phrase wasn't found for a "civil union".

Sometimes it’s a good place to decompress other times the opposite…
    I know- I do that deliberately to keep your circulation going.
    "We say in our platform that we believe that the right to coin money and issue money is a function of government....

Those who are opposed to this proposition tell us that the issue of paper money is a function of the bank and that the government ought to go out of the banking business. I stand with Jefferson rather than with them, and tell them, as he did, that the issue of money is a function of the government and that the banks should go out of the governing business."

William Jennings Bryan.

its really all about forcing everyone to accept their perverted lifestyle as "normal"
    that's why its unacceptable to the queers to call it civil union instead of honest goodness marriage even tho it gives them the same "rights". Its not about rights at all.

^^^ One problem... most people would disagree.
    True, but times change.

And like I said we don't necessarily hold the issue of human rights to a popularity contest as we do our elected officials. I haven't looked at any polls regarding the groud zero "community center". But I'm sure most of the country is against it. However, that majority does not nullify their first amendment right.
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter256 View Post
    I just see smokers as a market that has been suppressed for a long time because of anti-smoking laws.

If they allow for smoking inside bars and a smoking section at restaurants, then that can quickly and effectively help the economy because smokers will have a place to go to and spend money without the fear of being ridiculed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUEjnoWpdao

Every time someone brings up gay marriage, that pops into my head.

If we want to pick and choose what people can and can't do, then we must allow for other people to have a piece of the pie, too.

After all, life is a choice...
    That's all well and good. But second hand smoke is clearly hazardous to your health. Second hand gay marraige is not..
    Well, there are people in this society who believe animals share the same rights as humans. Including but not limited to the right to sue in a court of law. How the heck does an animal have the maturity in decision making to consent to that? Our society is ever evolving/changing and you are no one else can predict what will happen in the future. Aside from that I’ve seen dogs that are more mature than a lot of people I know.

In some states kids can get married at 14 or 15 years old with parental consent and court approval. There is no way a 14 or 15 year old can give informed consent of make informed decisions no matter what the parents consent to or the court approves. It’s nothing less than an arranged marriage…

US Marriage Laws
    http://usmarriagelaws.com/search/uni...nt/index.shtml
    You are correct, and this is why I suggested "consenting adults" I know that teen marriages and pregnancies were once common and are a part of human history and culture. But that was from a different time when a woman may not have had her choice of mate, and people would marry for reasons other than love between one another.
    As for animal rights. That really is another debate, but animals don't generally speak for themselves nor have the mental capacity to make their own decisions. While I wouldn't call my self a proponent of cruel treatment to animals. And I think animal abuse is a horrible crime. But I ask why does one get punished for killing a dog while cows are getting slaughtered everyday. Yeah, I know, it's because cows make better hamburgers and baseball gloves than dogs do.

Anyway, Tuck. I know we've had our differences, and I'm sorry to hear about your wife, and I hope that all will be well before too long.

Quote Originally Posted by omegasteve View Post
    Society is a victim of homosexual marriage. The only way for society to propagate is through procreation of husband and wife.
    So. That still doesn't explain how society is a victim. For every childless married couple in the world, I'm sure there are 10 single moms with a clan of kids and mystery fathers. Sure, the former does nothing for the next generation, but what they aren't doing is better for society than the latter.
    Homosexuals and homosexual couples make up for a small portion of the population. Society can make due with the people who reproduce and no means to care for their young.
    Quote Originally Posted by omegasteve

Kids are not coming any other way. Marriage protects sex and children since children are a natural expression of marital love.
    So how does marriage protect sex?
    And if children are a "natural expression of marital love" What do you call children born to unmarried couples?

husband and wife complement each other and that love is expressed with new life.
    So how do infertile married couples or couples who choose not to have children express their love?
    Heterosexual marriage is life-giving and fruitful where as homosexual marriage can never be fruitful. Society cannot propagate through homosexuality.
    Your whole argument is just a bunch of poorly explained sentimental bunk. Just who the hell are YOU to say that a homosexual marriage cannot be fruitful?
    The quality of a relationship whether marital or not is strictly within the eye of the beholder.
    But in all of your nonsense you actaully helped me bolster my argument just a wee bit more.
    You said that marriage protects sex, and it kind of dawned on me that we still refer to it as sex regardless of whether where referring to a heterosexual couple or homosexual couple. Yet it is generally suggested that we CANNOT define homosexual marriage as "marriage" when it is between gay couples. Pretty obvious double standard, thank you for your help steve
    The big problem here is that a more catchy phrase wasn't found for a "civil union".
    I think I must agree with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by /\/\adGamer View Post
    its really all about forcing everyone to accept their perverted lifestyle as "normal"
    And who are you to judge what it perverted and what isn't? And a homosexual lifestyle is pretty normal, and if it isn't normal according to you so what!. Don't you do things that aren't normal! Should we start judging your lifestyle and tell you what we approve of and disapprove of?
    I find it interesting that you call homosexuals perverts and queers, and yet you were among the people who called me out on calling the tea party clowns ans tea baggers. I know that I could have/should have started this thread off a little better. But yet I have to see you guys calling the Wisconsin protesters "thugs", and hear all of the conservative slander towards liberals. And see it all just fly by with lols. And it's all okay because, they're from the left. But when I insult the Tea Party or anything else associated with the right wing of the country. I get the whole gang after me.
    Like I said. I could have picked a better ice breaker here. However despite that, this thread has made it pretty far, and has remained fairly civilized for the most part. This has mostly been a good debate, and it hasn't generally been about church bashing, or gay bashing, and I wouldn't be wrong if I said everybody here though this would lead to that. And I think that's saying something for a discussion that deals with both political and religious beliefs.
    Anyway... past my bedtime, 4:00 comes early..
    Last edited by JustinC939; 03-08-2011 at 11:45 PM.

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.