Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Re: Gay Marriage/Gay Rights/Etc.

And who are you to judge what it perverted and what isn't?
    It IS what it IS.............................get over it!

Since you can't refute what I say... So you take the "other approach"
    http://gatsome.com/images/obvioustroll.jpg

You're just upset because you can't come up with anything better

Have a nice day.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill.

^^^There is nothing better to come up with as I said "It IS what it IS" a perversion no need to get all butt hurt over the reality of the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by /\/\adGamer View Post
    It IS what it IS.............................get over it!
    ^^^There is nothing better to come up with as I said "It IS what it IS" a perversion no need to get all butt hurt over the reality of the subject.
    I think your argument's the one getting raped.

You're right though, you have no better argument than "It IS what it IS".

Nobody here is getting butthurt from you.

You're the one trolling the thread and spouting insults because you can't come up with an intellectual argument.

Telling me "it is what it is" is the argument of a 9 year old. Why don't you give me a real explanation?
    You are no t interested in a real debate. What matters is your prejudiced position that you can't articulately reinforce in any way. You're not looking for an intelligent conversation. You're just looking for some stones to throw.
    Last edited by JustinC939; 03-09-2011 at 09:35 AM.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill.

Why don't you give me a real explanation?

I Said this:

its really all about forcing everyone to accept their perverted lifestyle as "normal"
    that's why its unacceptable to the queers to call it civil union instead of honest goodness marriage even tho it gives them the same "rights". Its not about rights at all.
    Last edited by /\/\adGamer; 03-09-2011 at 01:13 PM.

thats what I said if thats trolling then SO be it!It also happens to be true!
    /\/\ad?

Phopo?

Quote Originally Posted by JustinC939 View Post
    Churches can stay intact regardless. Marraige is not solely an institution of religion. It is also an institution of the state.
    Many different kinds of marriages have existed since before recorded history or know religions.
    You're right on that one. It is an institution granted by the government, and why your pastor/priest goes to get a license in order to marry people.

However, I think the ire has some Biblical basis outside of the homosexuality is a sin. (The meat and seafood thing is another issue entirely.) In both the Old and New Testaments, it's roundly condemned and called sin, which is probably the obvious part here.

The second part may not be as well known or thought of immediately, but it's still there: the relationship between the Church (as in, Christianity as a whole, not the physical structure) is given imagery via marriage between husband (Christ) and wife (the Church).

Am I opposed to gay marriage? Yes, out and open about it because it's a sin and therefore cannot be condoned. However, I recognize that the authority of the United States government does not ban this lifestyle at this point in time. Furthermore, the US does not have an official state religion, making it in effect a secular state. Essentially, I do not like or agree with the situation, but as the government is allowed by God, they have authority, which I shall respect, regardless of whether it's favorable to my opinion or not.

I Said this:

thats what I said if thats trolling then SO be it!It also happens to be true!
    Well if that's the case. I guess I can just say that it's about a bunch of bigoted, religious nutbags who think everyone should submit to their beliefs because they're too prejudiced to accept anything different and call it the truth. And we can go back an fourth saying "I'm right, You're wrong" forever.
    but I don't really think that rebuttal is the case here and you are obviously fishing for that type of response.

I think dutch made a better argument with civil unions just not being catchy enough.
    Last edited by JustinC939; 03-09-2011 at 01:52 PM.

Look Justin , I am all for civil unions and I dont care what they call it as long as it isn't called marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Big B-man View Post
    You're right on that one. It is an institution granted by the government, and why your pastor/priest goes to get a license in order to marry people.

However, I think the ire has some Biblical basis outside of the homosexuality is a sin. (The meat and seafood thing is another issue entirely.) In both the Old and New Testaments, it's roundly condemned and called sin, which is probably the obvious part here.

The second part may not be as well known or thought of immediately, but it's still there: the relationship between the Church (as in, Christianity as a whole, not the physical structure) is given imagery via marriage between husband (Christ) and wife (the Church).

Am I opposed to gay marriage? Yes, out and open about it because it's a sin and therefore cannot be condoned. However, I recognize that the authority of the United States government does not ban this lifestyle at this point in time. Furthermore, the US does not have an official state religion, making it in effect a secular state. Essentially, I do not like or agree with the situation, but as the government is allowed by God, they have authority, which I shall respect, regardless of whether it's favorable to my opinion or not.
    I respect your position.

I understand that because of your personal beliefs see homosexuality as a sin, and that's fine. And I respect the fact that you recognize that not everybody has submitted themselves to your belief. Even despite the fact that it is a sin. There are alot of sins that people commit everyday. Everyone is a sinner in the religious world. Quoting the bible "Judge not lest ye be judged" basically says that nobody has any right to cast judgment on another. Granted, I'm an atheist, but I think that quote is a very wise and respectable stance. Unfortunately NOBODY practices that teaching 100% of the time. We're all judgemental in some way, and it's not like we can just make laws not to judge people because judgement and discipline is necessary at times in a society. But I think 90% of personal, and cultural conflicts could be resolved if not avoided if more people applied that logic.
    Last edited by JustinC939; 03-09-2011 at 02:37 PM.

Look Justin , I am all for civil unions and I dont care what they call it as long as it isn't called marriage.
    Ok.

A bit off topic, but what the heck...

It should be more difficult to get married than it is to get divorced. Or at least the same. A six month waiting period wouldn't be a bad idea.

I think its a deal that gets abused, or at least taken too lightly, far too often by far too many.

And... I think all of the single people should pay 30% more in taxes and the married folks should pay 30% less, get free medical care, free automobile insurance, double the social security benefits and a ten percent stipend for every ten years of putting up with it.

The last part is a joke, but since 35% of our population is on the dole, what the heck.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    A bit off topic, but what the heck...

It should be more difficult to get married than it is to get divorced. Or at least the same. A six month waiting period wouldn't be a bad idea.

I think its a deal that gets abused, or at least taken too lightly, far too often by far too many.

And... I think all of the single people should pay 30% more in taxes and the married folks should pay 30% less, get free medical care, free automobile insurance, double the social security benefits and a ten percent stipend for every ten years of putting up with it.

The last part is a joke, but since 35% of our population is on the dole, what the heck.
    That's a good point. Not saying that people don't have the right to get married or anything. But marriage *should* be for loving, consenting adults with the intention of spending the rest of their lives together." But I don't think you'll ever prevent marriages for the wrong reasons (citizenship, tax breaks, political reasons, etc.) without denying rights to the rest of us. That being said, I think right of marriage should be open for any consenting adult couple who share true love for each other.