Is it just me? Or do all Belkin routers suck?

I had 2 different 802.11g Belkin routers several years ago that both had connection dropout issues that no firmware upgrade could seem to fix. And today I was at a friends house whose Internet was mysteriously down.
    He has a Belkin 802.11n router that seems to drop it's WAN about once per day. He ended up just buying a replacement as firmware was not a solution either.

I guess Belkin should stick to simple stuff like plugs and wires.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill.

Re: Is it just me? Or do all Belkin routers suck?

I tell customers to stay clear of them they cost so many people so much money in service calls.

^^Unfortunately they usually are the cheapest and most commonly found router besides Linksys and Netgear, and Maybe D-Link

Linksys is Ok, but D-Link is IMO the only 100% relaible brand in that whole group. What really pissed me off is that other good brands like Buffalo are never seen on a store shelf. Yet they offer prices that are comprable to these guys. I've had my Buffalo router running for at least 4 years without a hiccup.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill.

I have to agree with you on the D-links, well atleast there higher dollar ones like the gaming routers, they are bullet proof it seems.

Ya Belkins are garbage. Ive have seen them work flawlessly. But they do seem to have more problems then other routers / switches .

and i third the d-link.

I've had nothing but trouble with Belkin. I think the last Belkin item I bought was a UPS and it was junk, so I steer clear of anything Belkin.

I do agree with the others on D-Link. The last D-Link item i bought was a DSL/modem/router and it worked real well. In fact, I still have it, but I don't have a DSL anymore; I have cable now.

Main Box: BioStar TpowerX58 LGA 1366, Intel i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz Quad-Core, 3GB Corsair DDR3 1600, 2X250GB WD SATA, VisionTek Radeon 4870, Corsair 620w PS, Asus DRW-1608P3S & DRW-1814BL, Win7 SP1 & LinuxMint 10

Red Hour Video

RedHour Gaming

I just wanted to add D-Link ftw.
    Beware liberals with guns.

I agree that D-Link and Linksys are better, but I've never really had any major problems with Belkin.
    Motherboard: Asus M3A78
    CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400 Brisbane
    RAM: 8GB Mushkin DDR2 800
    HDD1: Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 60GB SSD
    HDD2: Western Digital 500GB
    VDD: ECS GeForce GT 520
    PSU: PC Power and Cooling 500 Watt

i bought a belkin about a year and a half ago and i have had no problems with it, other than having to unplug it because my connection would drop. i upgraded the firmware and everything has been fine since

"same here, it'll be a sad day should amdmb ever totally dissapear, i don't care too much for these "pc's" or their "perspectives" i just like my amdmb's." - SuBX3r0

No, it is not you, Belkin Routers and any and every accessory, adapter, charger and any other related equiptment do in fact suck. The only thing that sucks worse than their hardware is their customer service.

If you buy anything from a router to an iPad charger, do yourself a huge favor and keep the receipt handy.

They probably all suck as with most of their products.

Luckily they have fooled people into thinking they are a legitimate company. I have never in my 45 years of life have had to deal with a more soul crushing support line.

If you have a warranty issue just eat the money and save yourself hours and hours of frustration. They will apologize constantly for their incompetence and delays but they really have no interest in giving you what you want.

I think they just bounce you from one operator to the next to see how much you can stand before giving up.
    Last edited by Conzumer; 11-12-2013 at 05:29 PM.

gave up on 2 Belkins, bought asus and never had a hiccup

I suspect most of what it comes down to is getting what you pay for. Cheap routers are always poorly supported by the manufacturer. This is a huge problem because network connectivity/compatibility always changes/evolves in somewhat rapid real-time. It needs to be compatible with more than one network adapter LOL! With that in mind, I am likely to put higher value in a product that is DDWRT compatible or pre-loaded with it. DDWRT was created to fix some of the more common Linksys/Cisco router firmwares over the years that were lacking necessary features and in some cases exceptionally unstable. I feel that at least when you have 2 parties interested in the stability of the firmware code things will be better. But if I settle for something else, I am going to be sure it's not a budget model of some type and will be supported by the manufacturer to some capacity. Belkin routers have not impressed me ever.