Just a wondering

Hello all you folding folks out there! I have recently just hit rank 100 in the pcper team and was just kind of wondering about stuff. I am wondering how far up I'll be able to go on the ladder with about 3,500 PPD. I see all you guys up there in the top 10 or 20 with over 35,000 PPD and I was just starting to wonder how far up my little 8800 GT would be able to get me I am a poor college student and as such won't be able to get my core i7 rig with multiple high end cards for a WHILE, but it just got me to thinking...

Also, I am not that familiar with folding and such but was wondering how many work units does it take for the scientists to be able to simulate the whole folding process? And where can I go to see what things they are researching at the moment?

I have also started seeing these "bigadv" units people talk about. What is required to run those?

Re: Just a wondering

well, considering how few active folders we have now, even 3500 ppd will get you up there pretty high eventually. at current production rates from everyone, a year from now you'd be up at rank 57 (EOC "user future" feature). Don't forget: Slow and steady might not be flashy, but every little bit helps

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Thanks for the response! Yeah, I had been wondering how many active folders there were now.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain O Hair View Post
    Thanks for the response! Yeah, I had been wondering how many active folders there were now.
    74 active folders as of today...

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...y.php?s=&t=734

Quote Originally Posted by Captain O Hair View Post
    Hello all you folding folks out there! I have recently just hit rank 100 in the pcper team and was just kind of wondering about stuff. I am wondering how far up I'll be able to go on the ladder with about 3,500 PPD. I see all you guys up there in the top 10 or 20 with over 35,000 PPD and I was just starting to wonder how far up my little 8800 GT would be able to get me I am a poor college student and as such won't be able to get my core i7 rig with multiple high end cards for a WHILE, but it just got me to thinking...

Also, I am not that familiar with folding and such but was wondering how many work units does it take for the scientists to be able to simulate the whole folding process? And where can I go to see what things they are researching at the moment?

I have also started seeing these "bigadv" units people talk about. What is required to run those?

Using the user future feature, I can tell you that if you stay producing like it is now and the others do the same, you 'll be at #65 within 1 year ...

Of course, this is an average view and if anything changes, that too will change / it 's just an indicator

Fold with what you have, Every Work Unit will make a difference.

today, even 78 Active Folders ...

Fold with what you have, Every Work Unit will make a difference.