Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D

Re: I think Asus just lost me as a future customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Octavean View Post
    I have read my fair share of forum posts for ASUS, Gigbyte, MSI and some other board manufacturers as well. From the likes of their direct forums respectively as well as Anandtech, HardOCP and more. They ALL had complaints not one more so then the other from what I could see. I wont and canít go to a Gigabyte forum, read the user issues / complaints add the fact that the only Gigabit board I owned failed and conclude that Gigabyte boards are unreliable garbage. Nor would I do that with any other manufacturer.

Those who have issues are more likely to post then those that do not have issues. The vast majority of systems constructed worldwide wont have any forum feedback whatsoever (good or bad) therefore using forum post as a metric is selective and not representative of the majority of systems.

Larger board manufactures such as ASUS will simply sell more boards and if all your looking for are complaints, in theory, there might be a larger number of complaints (if you had reliable representative numbers). Perhaps, however these will likely be proportional to their larger volume to begin with,Ö...again assuming you can even find a reliable source.

Thatís not to say that all issues are legitimate. Some issues are due to the users ignorance, laziness recklessness and so on. Some issues might be only in the users head or due to a none hardware specific source. In other words everyone who has the hardware and the ability to form an opinion about said hardware on a forum doesnít necessarily always have the technical prowess to know what they are doing (or what they are talking about).

As enthusiast we should be mindful of the larger community that we are a subset of (minority). Just because we go to a forum and find many who would agree with us we shouldnít lose sight of some basic facts. Such as popular opinion isnít always right. Especially so if said opinion is coming from a person or persons that are already disgruntled.
    It doesnt take a rocket scientist to see and feel how Asus is using cheap parts on their mobos.

I see your an Asus fanboy which is why im not gonna bother arguing about this with you anymore. I heard too many horror stories and have now experienced it for myself with Asus.

Don't worries about it. It'll be ok.

I have an ASUS motherboard that isn't giving me any trouble. However the U3S6 add in card, which has SATA 6G on it and USB 3 has been a pain in the rear, messing with the onboard Intel USB 2 ports, and causing my printer and keyboard to not work right at times. In the fall of 2010, the Realtek Lan chip went bonkers and I started getting frequent disconnects from the internet, and rather than rma a board that works otherwise, I dropped in a Intel PCI Gigabit Lan card.

Other than this minor stuff, I haven't had no problems with my board. I even have an ASUS Xonar Soundcard that hasn't given me no trouble.

While I don’t necessarily agree with you I would simply call it a difference of opinion in part due to the given evidence. I for one, wasn’t arguing. Lack of accord does not mean an argument but if you were arguing, as you stated that you were, then it was basically one sided.

Its typically far easier to prove the existence of something then to prove that something doesn’t exist.

Whenever one makes sweeping statements one opens themselves up to error or being just plain wrong. Assumptions can also be highly questionable. When looking at my sig one might also conclude that I only buy Intel hardware and that I only buy nVidia video cards but that would be just as wrong as assuming that I only buy ASUS motherboards. Its like looking at an iceberg and assuming there is nothing below the water.

If someone where “arguing” though and eager to discredit someone as bias rather then address the issue at hand adequately then it would be an easy out to toss around the word “Fanboy“.
    Core i7 3930K | ASUS P9X79 Deluxe | GTX670 | 32GB DDR3 | 500GB SSD | Antec P183 | Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit | 3x 27" 1920x1080 Monitors
    Core i5 2500k | ASUS P8P67 Pro | 4GB DDR3 | 27 TB Storage | Antec 300 | Server 2012 Essentials | Headless
    Core i7 920 | ASUS P6T Deluxe | MSI GTX260 | 6GB DDR3 | OCZ 120GB Vertex 2 + WD 1TB + 750GB | Antec 300 | Windows 7 64bit | 27" 2560x1440
    Core i7 860 | ASUS P7P55D Pro | eVGA 8800GT | 4GB DDR3 | WD 1TB | Antec 300 | Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | 40" 1920x1080 HDTV
    Core 2 Q6600 |ASUS P5G41C-M LX | 8800GTS | 8GB DDR3 | WD Black 1TB HDD | Antec 300 | Windows 7 64bit | 27" 2560x1440

HP P6150 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit (Media Center System)
    HP EX490 MSS 16TB
    HP LX195 MSS

Hauppauge HD PVR 2x
    Hauppauge Colossus
    HDHomeRun 4x
    HDHomeRun Prime
    Xbox 360
    PS3
    Wii
    Wii U

Yeah im arguing the fact that the mid range asus I purchased had flaky PCI express slots......

I take that back. I found the problem finally. Its not Asus fault. It was this quirky XFX 5780. I got a Asus 6950 and now it POSTs.
    Sorry Asus, still think you need to beef up those mid and budget mobos