Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D

Re: Question about some cards.

Metro and AvP are DX11....

In fact have you compared AvP in DX9 vs DX11? Yet again night and day

Its very simple and you wont be spending much if you sell the cards you have and put the money towards a newer DX11 card.

Ask a friend or something to show you. You wont be disapointed with a DX11 card.

Im a hardore gamer too and usually if I can afford it I like to stay in sync with current gen cards. like if I play AvP or BC2 with an older card knowing im missing out on feature I have the itchy trigger upgrade finger
    Last edited by Poci; 03-29-2011 at 04:56 AM.

Most people my age don't play games. And the friend that does pay games. Play's more then you. Here never watches tv and never goes go's anywhere. He plays all day and all night and he uses a pair of 8800 GTX's in SLI. Plus he 4 years older then you. I am way way older then both of you. I look at things differently. So I don't really care about DX 11.
    Intel Q9550 l eVGA NForce 780i SLI FTW l Corsair Dominator 8 gig PC2-8500 l 2 Palit GTX 560 Ti 2 GB SLI l 2 - Intel X-25M 80 gb SSD Raid 0 l WD 1 -2TB & 2 -1TB l On board sound l Antec TruePower Quattro TPQ-1200 1200W l Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit l 2 X Dell E248WFP 24" Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by Airbrushkid View Post
    Most people my age don't play games.
    In your previous post you listed like 10 diferent games that you play. Now your saying you dont game? lol

And the friend that does pay games. Play's more then you. Here never watches tv and never goes go's anywhere. He plays all day and all night and he uses a pair of 8800 GTX's in SLI. Plus he 4 years older then you. I am way way older then both of you. I look at things differently. So I don't really care about DX 11.
    So your friend plays more then me and he uses 4 year old cards in SLI? Your point?
    Hes older then me and your older then me, again whats your point?
    Most gamers here at PC per are older.... In fact teh kidz are usually stuck on consoles, us adults get to have the PC gaming.
    Ohh and as far as your friend spending all day gaming, I used to do that back with CS and BF2 to an almost professional level. In any case the issue of how much gaming is being done is irrelevant to the DX10 vs DX11 topic that this thread focuses on now.
    Your being a bit stubborn, were just giving you advice. You dont want to listen to us then fine do what you want. lol

PS: Newegg has a 5870 for under 200 bucks. If that doesnt convince you then I give up. Its a no brainer

Ohh and one more thing, you do realize that newer DX11 cards, despite you not caring about DX11 for gaming, that these cards can run as a parallel system processor through direct compute? That means the card will process appz(that are coded for this) that are not games. Which means faster system.
    A video card can do a LOT more work then a standard CPU can do any day of the week. And you need DX11 hardware to take advantage of this feature....
    Last edited by Poci; 03-29-2011 at 08:19 AM.

You said

Ask a friend or something to show you.
    And I replied

Most people my age don't play games.
    Meaning friends my age.

And the only reason this thread started to focus on DX 11 is you. All I said that I didn't care about DX 11.

And I said that back in post 18.

http://forums.pcper.com/showpost.php...6&postcount=18

Quote Originally Posted by Poci View Post
    In your previous post you listed like 10 diferent games that you play. Now your saying you dont game? lol

So your friend plays more then me and he uses 4 year old cards in SLI? Your point?
    Hes older then me and your older then me, again whats your point?
    Most gamers here at PC per are older.... In fact teh kidz are usually stuck on consoles, us adults get to have the PC gaming.
    Ohh and as far as your friend spending all day gaming, I used to do that back with CS and BF2 to an almost professional level. In any case the issue of how much gaming is being done is irrelevant to the DX10 vs DX11 topic that this thread focuses on now.
    Your being a bit stubborn, were just giving you advice. You dont want to listen to us then fine do what you want. lol

PS: Newegg has a 5870 for under 200 bucks. If that doesnt convince you then I give up. Its a no brainer

Ohh and one more thing, you do realize that newer DX11 cards, despite you not caring about DX11 for gaming, that these cards can run as a parallel system processor through direct compute? That means the card will process appz(that are coded for this) that are not games. Which means faster system.
    A video card can do a LOT more work then a standard CPU can do any day of the week. And you need DX11 hardware to take advantage of this feature....
    Intel Q9550 l eVGA NForce 780i SLI FTW l Corsair Dominator 8 gig PC2-8500 l 2 Palit GTX 560 Ti 2 GB SLI l 2 - Intel X-25M 80 gb SSD Raid 0 l WD 1 -2TB & 2 -1TB l On board sound l Antec TruePower Quattro TPQ-1200 1200W l Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit l 2 X Dell E248WFP 24" Monitors

You said

And I replied

Meaning friends my age.

And the only reason this thread started to focus on DX 11 is you. All I said that I didn't care about DX 11.

And I said that back in post 18.

http://forums.pcper.com/showpost.php...6&postcount=18
    Umm, I meant for a friend to show you what DX11 can do....

Were just giving you advice like you asked, if you dont like what you hear thats not our fault.

ANd you listed plenty of games. two which I recall are DX11 based.

Have you noticed how in Aliens Vs predator you cant use anisotrophic filtering in DX9 mode? You need DX11 hardware for that.
    And like I said in previous post, even if you dont care about gaming, the GPU on a DX11 card can be used as a parallel processor for the system with appz that support it.
    But yet again if you dont want to see this then by all means continue down the path of blindness
    Last edited by Poci; 03-29-2011 at 09:07 AM.

Stop going where. Out of the others that posted. You are the only one pushing the DX 11.

And yes I listed games because you ask!

Yes of course your cards played BC2 fine, in DX10 mode....
    In case you havent cought my drift yet, your missing out on DX11 features.
    Arent some high detail settings greyed out if not using DX11?
    Ok so your not getting BF3? May I ask what games you play or plan on getting since you think you dont need DX11?
    I can assure you that you will be wanting a DX11 card sooner or later. Whether you jump on the BF3 bandwagon or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poci View Post
    Umm, I meant for a friend to show you what DX11 can do....

Were just giving you advice like you asked, if you dont like what you hear thats not our fault.

ANd you listed plenty of games. two which I recall are DX11 based.

Have you noticed how in Aliens Vs predator you cant use anisotrophic filtering in DX9 mode? You need DX11 hardware for that.
    And like I said in previous post, even if you dont care about gaming, the GPU on a DX11 card can be used as a parallel processor for the system with appz that support it.
    But yet again if you dont want to see this then by all means continue down the path of blindness

Thank you Meridian, Activate: AMD, JoshMST and AMDScooter for all the help. Can't say thank you to someone who doesn't get it. I'll start another thread once I have decided.

Thank you again.
    Airbrushkid