The lightning round

I have an idea to improve tlr as i have been seeing threads that are having multiple posts in a row by a single person to keep a thread alive. perhaps some regulation is needed to curb that behavior. it seams like to me some people have an axe to grind and are keeping some topics at the top by multi-posting in them with out any others posting to the topic to keep said topic on the 1st page.
    Last edited by Maxius; 03-31-2011 at 03:43 PM.
    My Pc
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 @ 4.6ghz
    Memory: 16gb Cosair ddr3 1866
    Hard Drives: 1x 1TB + 100gb muskin ssd cache, 1x 2tb 2 x3 tb
    Video: AMD Radeon R9 290
    Sound: Creative Xfi Fatal1ty Pro
    Lcd: Gateway Black-Silver 24"

Re: The lightning round

Seems most topics are "hot topics" and the posts are not duplicates or even on the same day.Even if they were Seems the only axe to grind per say here is one trying to silence opinion or the debate. Silencing opinions wouldnt improve anything at TLR.

Real clever.

Not very honest.

If you have a problem with Scooter's position on a matter, make an argument in that thread.

That might be more effective than starting a thread about it elsewhere, cloaked in ambiguity.

I understand you have an axe to grind, Maxius... you should get it ground in TLR. Heck, we'll even help hone it for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    Real clever.

Not very honest.

If you have a problem with Scooter's position on a matter, make an argument in that thread.

That might be more effective than starting a thread about it elsewhere, cloaked in ambiguity.

I understand you have an axe to grind, Maxius... you should get it ground in TLR. Heck, we'll even help hone it for ya.
    Yeah, exactly.

Shame on Maxius for trying to bring our TLR beefs outside the Operating Area.

Maxius, Explain how your proposed rule is supposed to make things better at TLR?

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

I think that this is an attempt to fragment discussion and create disinterest. A couple of those threads have been doing a few hundred hits a post recently- far better than they used to.

And FYI- hit count is vital to a website that is funded by advertisers.

Moreover, the conservatives aren't running from any fights here.

Bring it or leave it. No one is forcing you to stay.
    "We say in our platform that we believe that the right to coin money and issue money is a function of government....

Those who are opposed to this proposition tell us that the issue of paper money is a function of the bank and that the government ought to go out of the banking business. I stand with Jefferson rather than with them, and tell them, as he did, that the issue of money is a function of the government and that the banks should go out of the governing business."

William Jennings Bryan.

I have no problems with how the posting situation happens in TLR. I do have a problem when topics derail because posters engage in discussions that have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Look at the bottom of TLR...the last thread on the page is over a month old. There is no reason to think that anyone is tying to keep their threads on the front page. They could post in it once a month and it would still be on the front page.

I would adapt to the style of the forum rather than ask everyone else to change.

Cheers

BD24

Plus, I don't think "bumping" is bad in the way that Scoot usually does it.

It's not like he's spamming "BUMP!!!!!" to keep stuff at the top. He's usually adding new information/propaganda (depending on your POV).

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Plus, I don't think "bumping" is bad in the way that Scoot usually does it.

It's not like he's spamming "BUMP!!!!!" to keep stuff at the top. He's usually adding new information/propaganda (depending on your POV).
    though people do chain posts in a thread w/o a single reply is this productive or conductive to the frame of the post set by op?

the axe i am grinding is the back to back chain posts that don't ever get a single reply or quote. something has to be done to curb that behavior.

i mean if you are not replying to anyone and just posting something just to post it w/o any direction just to drown out other voices in the thread its kinda unfair

TLR should not be someones personal rss feed
    My Pc
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 @ 4.6ghz
    Memory: 16gb Cosair ddr3 1866
    Hard Drives: 1x 1TB + 100gb muskin ssd cache, 1x 2tb 2 x3 tb
    Video: AMD Radeon R9 290
    Sound: Creative Xfi Fatal1ty Pro
    Lcd: Gateway Black-Silver 24"