Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Rage

Re: Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    I finished RAGE. Fun little game. Took me 10 hours, but I did a lot of the sidequests and racing stuff which is optional. I'd say maybe 7-8 hours if you just wanted to do the main-quest stuff. They also give you a BFG gun at the end, in true id software style. Okay game. I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars if I was being paid to review it.
    7-8 hours on a SP game? Does this thing have an MP? Oh thats right, nobody cares about RAGE MP because its not an established franchise. 7-8 hours is a big steamy dog-turd compared to the EASY 65 hours I have in skyrim without even finishing the main quest. I mean christ, I feel like you can get away with having a super short SP in COD or BF3, but unless you're one of the big-guns that really is a mulitplayer-driven franchise, you're going to have to do a whole hell of a lot better than 7-8 hours to get more than 5 bucks out of me.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

A lot of layoffs were announced at id software today.

Sounds like RAGE didn't sell well and the axe is dropping. Sorry to see folks out of work. I guess this means no Rage DLC even though it has a fat "Downloadable Content" button on the main menu.

Rage available for ten bucks and change at Gamefly. Even at that price I'm having trouble talking myself into it because of the bad reviews. Has anyone played this recently? Have the patches made this game any better?

http://www.gamefly.com/Download-Rage...cid=rage041712

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    A lot of layoffs were announced at id software today.

Sounds like RAGE didn't sell well and the axe is dropping. Sorry to see folks out of work. I guess this means no Rage DLC even though it has a fat "Downloadable Content" button on the main menu.
    must have missed this post when you made it a few months. Serves them right. the problems on AMD cards and the texture popping issues were simply inexcusable. How did any of that make it past even the most perfunctory testing phase? Sounds like Carmack's hubris got the better of him (No guys really, megatextures are super kick-ass!) and now they're paying a well deserved price. Even a middling game thats a great tech-demo (insert all CryTek games here) is worth something IMO, this was a poor game and a poor tech-demo.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Went ahead and bought it for $9.17 from Gamefly. I figure it'll at least be worth that when I finally get around to playing it.

I played it for a few hours, now it won't even load, black screen. Still have sound though, even tried un-install and re-install, new drivers and the such, still no luck. Oh well.

They just released DLC for this game, a year after it was released. Bit surprised to see it because:

1 - the game sold poorly.
    2 - the game was reviewed mediocrely/poorly.
    3 - they laid off most of the development team.

Yet, a year later, we get DLC. Very bizarre. I wonder if it was some half-finished stuff that id/Bethesda decided to kick out the door for the holidays and see if any fish bite.

At this rate, I'm expecting SiN Episode 2 to come out!

Wow, I'm glad this thread got bumped. Had it not, I wouldn't have known that I purchased this game all the way back in April and totally forgot about it! I guess it's finally time for me to download it.

^^^ I've done that so many times with Steam sales it's not even funny. A little bit back I noticed FEAR3 in my games library... played it a bit and was glad I paid so little for it.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

So I finally had a chance to play this game for a while tonight. Um, wow...this thing is the biggest turd I've had on my HDD since Duke Nukem Forever! Coming straight from games like Far Cry 3 and Hitman Absolution definitely didn't help either. I feel like I went to sleep and woke up in 2002 pc gaming land. The graphics are pathetically bad. There is nothing happening in the "open" world, the enemies are stupid, the animations are hilariously badly done, and why does my mouse speed go twice as fast on ANY menu or help screen? Did I mention the vehicle driving is something akin to Pong? I started literally laughing out loud when I first saw my guy get on the atv. Damn, never before have I felt like I got ripped off on a $9 game.