Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Osama Bin Laden is Dead

Just got this in.

It looks like it's real.

He's gone- will provide links as things develop.

http://www.newshounds.us/2011/05/01/...the_nation.php
    "We say in our platform that we believe that the right to coin money and issue money is a function of government....

Those who are opposed to this proposition tell us that the issue of paper money is a function of the bank and that the government ought to go out of the banking business. I stand with Jefferson rather than with them, and tell them, as he did, that the issue of money is a function of the government and that the banks should go out of the governing business."

William Jennings Bryan.

Re: Osama Bin Laden is Dead

Although not officially announced.....

Whoop-dee-doo.

His death accomplishes nothing. It doesn't justify anything.

^^^ It's for real.

http://www.newsday.com/news/nation/a...1.2850680?qr=1

Al-Qaida mastermind Osama bin Laden is dead and the United States has his body, a person familiar with the developments says.

President Barack Obama is expected to make that announcement from the White House late Sunday night.

The person spoke on the condition of anonymity in order to speak ahead of the president....

Actually- good riddance to bad news AFAIC.

Now let's move on.
    "We say in our platform that we believe that the right to coin money and issue money is a function of government....

Those who are opposed to this proposition tell us that the issue of paper money is a function of the bank and that the government ought to go out of the banking business. I stand with Jefferson rather than with them, and tell them, as he did, that the issue of money is a function of the government and that the banks should go out of the governing business."

William Jennings Bryan.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter256 View Post
    His death accomplishes nothing. It doesn't justify anything.
    It doesn't? So a guy kills 3,000 Americans, wounds another 6,000 and causes millions in damages and we're supposed to just let him go on?

Well it does help that we killed him, but I feel that whatever decisions were made to take these actions could have been done years ago.

I was hoping for announcement that we're invading Iran....

Good luck for a repub to win in 2012 now.
    Fox News watchers are less informed - The Proof

I hope we shall... crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations which dare already to challenge our government in a trial of strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country.
    - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by liteman View Post
    Good luck for a repub to win in 2012 now.
    What's your justification for this statement?

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    What's your justification for this statement?
    It shows Obama is tough on terror. Guess you forgot all the repub cheerleading during Bush's re-election.

I hope we shall... crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations which dare already to challenge our government in a trial of strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country.
    - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by liteman View Post
    It shows Obama is tough on terror. Guess you forgot all the repub cheerleading during Bush's re-election.
    LOL. Obama will probably win in 2012, but not for that reason.

Presidential elections have different issues every time. It was foreign policy in 2004. It was the economy in 2008. Nobody would have or will bring up Obama being "tough on terror" in 2012.
    Last edited by Keven; 05-01-2011 at 11:38 PM.

I have to issue a caution here. The rules are quire explicit about personal insults here. I will take action next time.
    Last edited by AeroSim; 05-01-2011 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Quote removed- end of it.

William Jennings Bryan.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    LOL. Obama will probably win in 2012, but not for that reason.

Presidential elections have different issues every time. It was foreign policy in 2004. It was the economy in 2008. Nobody would have or will bring up Obama being "tough on terror" in 2012.
    I'll bet Obama and the dems will.

- Thomas Jefferson

Justice is served, albeit delayed.
    Brian

Trump just announced, where is the body?? lol

To hell with politicizing this.. I'm glad that nasty lil f*cker is dead. Period.

H/T to the men and women in service who made this happen. Glad they all appear to have made it home safely.

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper