Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Re: Official Steam sale thread

Skyrims tough sometimes. Mainly going into a dungeon or cave or something and getting mobbed by whatever enemy, frustrating, now I can do WoW and I know how difficult something is because the quest is green, yellow red as listed, the quests should have difficulty rating in Skyrim.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dfxrain View Post
    Skyrims tough sometimes. Mainly going into a dungeon or cave or something and getting mobbed by whatever enemy, frustrating, now I can do WoW and I know how difficult something is because the quest is green, yellow red as listed, the quests should have difficulty rating in Skyrim.
    Since enemies scale with level, the dungeons are fairly consistently difficult

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Did Steam remove PayPal as a payment option?

Edit: Just saw this on the checkout page.

Notice to PayPal customers: We are temporarily unable to process PayPal transactions. We are working to resolve the issue.
    Last edited by Keven; 08-07-2012 at 02:09 PM.

Steam Autumn sale is underway! Nov 21-26, 2012

http://store.steampowered.com/

How is The Walking Dead? I realize its single player only.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    How is The Walking Dead? I realize its single player only.
    Very very good if you like storytelling in video games. It is an old-school point and click adventure game, like King's Quest or Police Quest or Monkey Island, if you played those games.

Very dark, very serious, very grim storytelling. One of my favorite games this year. There are some action moments, but it won't turn into a FPS ever. The story has you making some really serious decisions that make you feel crappy no matter what you choose ("Do you give the last candy bar to the starving old man in your group or the starving little kid in your group?").

Note, it is based on the comic books, not the TV show. It doesn't take place with the main group (Rick's group) but some familiar characters will show up. I haven't watched the TV show I can't be sure, but the character appearances from the "real" Walking Dead do seem vague enough that fans of the TV show or comic can appreciate it.

I fully recommend it, but just be aware that it is a story-based adventure game, not Left 4 Dead with Rick Grimes. I know that isn't for everybody, so I just want to be upfront about it.

Thanks for the review. It's been a long time since I played an adventure game. I don't think I would mind that but I don't think I want to play a game that grim. I get enough of that from season 3 of the TV show! I'll pass.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]

Anyone picking anything up during the Steam Holiday Sale? Deadlight looks interesting.

Honestly haven't seen anything that has really piqued my interest. I also just bought BL2, THQ humble bundle, FC3 so I'm pretty well set on games. I heard the PC port for Deadlight was kind of Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanatrix View Post
    Honestly haven't seen anything that has really piqued my interest. I also just bought BL2, THQ humble bundle, FC3 so I'm pretty well set on games. I heard the PC port for Deadlight was kind of Meh.
    Come on now! You have to stockpile games like you're preparing for the apocalypse! I have 331 games in my Steam library with 112 installed to hard drive, and 55 of those installed never played! Yet, I keep buying new games on sale! I am the gaming equivalent of a squirrel. I'm packing my cheeks (hard drives) full of food (games) for winter!

I heard even the Xbox 360 version of Deadlight wasn't that great. Kind of a cool concept that was wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Come on now! You have to stockpile games like you're preparing for the apocalypse! I have 331 games in my Steam library with 112 installed to hard drive, and 55 of those installed never played! Yet, I keep buying new games on sale! I am the gaming equivalent of a squirrel. I'm packing my cheeks (hard drives) full of food (games) for winter!

I heard even the Xbox 360 version of Deadlight wasn't that great. Kind of a cool concept that was wasted.

I got so many games I have yet to finish or never played that I almost have to know I'm going to play the hell out of something or it's gotta be extremely cheap before I will buy it.

a bit ot but

GreenManGaming has a few Games on Sale. Save an additional 30% when you apply voucher code GMG30-DPLIM-DN831 at checkout. Thanks Insomniac34
    Note: Games activate on Steam Client.

Prices below are after voucher code GMG30-DPLIM-DN831

Borderlands 2 $21
    Borderlands 2 Season Pass $10.50
    Binary Domain $4.37

GOG also has some good sales.

Not a steam sale, but the Humble Bundle Weekly Sale is all the Serious Sam content you could ever want for about $4. These are some silly games and this is a primetime opportunity to pick them up cheap. We've been known to mess around with these for virtual lan parties and on random occasions, and now is a perfect time to "future proof"

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly
    You just need to pay over the average (currently $4.08) to get all the games w/ steam keys

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    Not a steam sale, but the Humble Bundle Weekly Sale is all the Serious Sam content you could ever want for about $4. These are some silly games and this is a primetime opportunity to pick them up cheap. We've been known to mess around with these for virtual lan parties and on random occasions, and now is a perfect time to "future proof"

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly
    You just need to pay over the average (currently $4.08) to get all the games w/ steam keys
    Got this email today.... and bought, thanx.

Bought the Serious Sam bundle also. Too good to pass up. I'm surprised all of the keys activated on Steam.

There might have been others I already owned also but I played these on Steam before for sure:

Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter
    Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter
    Serious Sam 3: BFE

This new bundle includes:

Serious Sam Double D
    Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter (duplicate?)
    Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter (duplicate?)

Serious Sam: The Random Encounter
    Serious Sam 2
    Serious Sam 3 Deluxe (this is apparently same as BFE so another duplicate)

I don't know why Steam let me activate those two which I apparently already had. Oh well.
    Last edited by Lenny; 06-06-2013 at 11:07 PM.